Explanation xD

40 Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

So, Chapter Breakdown. . . Start! xD

 

Section 1) From “Hyukjae started at one.” to “He was the plague.” (the end of the section)

-Obviously the PRESENT; describing Hyukjae's depression after Donghae had passed away.

 

 

Section 2) From “The dulled sound of firewood splitting created the illusion that it was quiet and peaceful that winter's night.” to “And then he was free.” (the end of the section)

-Switch to the PAST with a focus on Donghae's loneliness at the absent Hyukjae. Describing Donghae's dedication to Hyukjae, how Hyukjae had abused him, Donghae wanting a small break, and then running away from Hyukjae and becoming 'free'.

 

 

WHAT MAY ACTUALLY BE CONFUSING

 

Section 3) From “Hyukjae dug his fingers into his chest and he gasped for air on his hands and knees.” to “Stay—” (the end of the section)

-The first line, “Hyukjae dug his fingers...” describes the PRESENT Hyukjae from the beginning of the story.

 

-“Oh, the memories...” acts as the break/separation from present to past.

 

-After that, “Donghae ran as if Hyukjae were the boogeyman” up to, “No one.” describes the PAST, just after Donghae ran away from Hyukjae at the Xmas fest.

Please log in to read the full chapter