i. baby's in town

Winter Things

It ain't even cold outside, not where I'm from
Feeling like it's mid-July under the sun
My jacket don't get no love, no hats and no gloves
Not even a chance of rain
But my baby's in town and we're gonna do some winter things

Heyo, I wanna pretend we're at the North Pole
Turning the heat into an ice cold holiday
Made just for me and my baby
My baby's in town and we're gonna do some winter things
Hey

Take me to the ice-skating rink downtown (Oh, no, no, no, downtown)
Even though it's 100 degrees, gotta get out
Ain't no ice and no chills, no snowmen to build
Most of our friends at the beach
But my baby's in town and we're gonna do some winter things

Heyo, I wanna pretend we're at the North Pole
Turning the heat into an ice cold holiday
Made just for me and my baby
My baby's in town and we're gonna do some winter things
Hey

Just imagine that we're laughing
In my cabin, chilling by the fireside
Even though this sun is blasting
We can be wherever if we visualize

Heyo, I wanna pretend we're at the North Pole
Turning the heat into an ice cold holiday
Made just for me and my baby

My baby's in town and we're gonna do some winter things

Hey

 

“Hoo-oo-oo-oh~” I sang along with the adlibs while I waited for Nayeon to get ready. The sun was going down as night slowly approached but the heat was still unbearable. “My baby's in town and we're gonna do some winter things.” A sigh escaped my lips after singing the finishing line. The song has been on repeat the past three days with lots of complaints coming from my friends; telling me that there's a reason why we came to Australia during their winter break and that the reason does not include wanting to walk in the cold while getting frost piled up on our covered body. I'd agree with them, really, if it wasn't for my ugly boyfriend to force me listening to Ariana Grande's Winter Things. I didn't even want to give the album a try at first but the just had to keep on talking about how hot 'Ari' sounds and how amazing the album is. Seriously I've been gone for nearly a week now and all he talks about on the phone is which one of her songs is playing now, his favourite being December. Ugly AND nasty — not quite sure how I ended up with him. But not me, my favourite is the only innocent song: Winter Things. I guess you could say it made me feel homesick (and maybe also a little lovesick). Isn't winter such a warm season? I mean despite the low temperature, the season, the feeling itself is so warm and full of love. God I guess I really do miss playing in the winter snow with Junhwe. Speaking of him; I haven't contacted him for more than a day now other than texting each other. He won't give me calls even if I ask him to, let alone face-time, and neither does he answer me when I ask him what's he's up to or where he is snow. Ugly, nasty and also secretive.

Speak of the devil, I'm pretty sure that's my phone that just made a noise with his name popping up.

open the door im melting 

it read.

Before I even realised I was at the front door opening it for a thickly clothed Goo Junhwe wiping his sweat while holding onto his luggage. “I opened the door for you boo but I'm not sure if being around somebody like me would stop you from melting.” I grinned while leaning against the door frame. He gave me a look, a look that digged holes in me for approximately three seconds until I realised:

“Hold the up – What are you doing in Australia?!” I screeched while nearly jumping on him to hug, but quickly pulling back after I felt the sweat. He didn't say anything, but I helped him get his stuff inside and he let out a groan of relief as soon as he got to drop his jacket, pull his shirt off and lay on the ground. Ugh, I missed him. I leaned down until I sat on the ground crawling my way next to his body still with that grin on my face and a bottle of water in my hands.

“Drink it.” I ordered as if he were my pet; and he followed my words just like one as well. After he emptied the bottle in two goes he faced me again “I missed your ugly face.” He said before pulling me into a tight hug as I hugged him back just as hard with my face hiding in the crook of his neck. 

 

“Chaeng, I'm ready to go!” I heard Nayeon walk down the stairs. I pulled myself off Junhwe and he pulled me up with him.

“I'm not go--” 

“OH MY GOD, WHEN DID HE COME?” Nayeon almost fell off the last few stair steps. 

“...Right,” I cackled, “I was just saying that I'm not joining you at the beach. Change of plans.” I clinged onto Junhwe's arm with my head resting on his shoulder, blinking my eyes cutely at Nayeon while Junhwe smiled softly.

“Ugh why can't he just join us?” 

“Oh c'mon he just arrived, let them be.” Dahyun walked into the room, sending a wink to Junhwe. “Besides, I could join you instead. Sana and I were going as well.”

 

Soon after, they left. Leaving Junhwe and me alone (with three other girls in their own rooms but who cares about details).

I was about to lead him to my shared room with Mina when he held my hands and turned me around, “You didn't give me a proper welcome.”  I glared at him playfully before tip-toeing to plant a kiss on his plum lips. “That's more like it, but I'm still not satisfied.” He said and pulled his luggage up to walk up the stairs.

When we arrived at the room I threw the door open to meet a surprised Mina.

“Mina? I thought you were with Momo to get ice cream.” 

“Just like I thought that you would be at the beach with Nayeon and not here with... Junhwe?” Junhwe waved.

“I'm sorry for disturbing you.” He said and I snorted, “No he's not, he wants you to get out.”

Mina smiled cheekily, grabbing her stuff and walking towards the door, “Don't worry I won't be the one to disturb you two. I'll sleep with Jihyo if Junhwe doesn't have place to stay.” she left as well.

Junhwe closed the door behind him. I plopped down on my bed while he looked around, “It's pretty big mansion even for it currently being used by nine people.” I nodded at his words and patted the space next to me telling him to sit down. Once he did, though, I scrunched my nose; “God you stink.” He grinned and sat closer.

“Explain.” 

He looked at me confusedly, “Explain what?” 

“What you're doing here of course!” I flailed my arms and slung them around his shoulders. He cleared his throat as if he was getting ready to mock me, “A birdy, or several birdies, told me there was a certain rat at their mansion squeeking something about being homesick and lovesick while listening to songs I recommended to that same rat. What I'm doing here is making my rat feel happy and loved.” 

I took my arms back and pushed him softly, “Leave.” 

“N'aw is that what I flew for all the way to Australia?” He pouted and I honestly have never been so disgusted, like ever (disgustingly cute, he was). I ignored his words and grabbed his luggage ready to open it when he stopped me, “I'll do it on my own!” 

I looked at him skeptically wondering why he was so worked up all of sudden. “What's in there?” 

“Nothing, it's just that I'm going to shower and was planning to unpack my stuff on my own.” 

I didn't believe his words but shrugged nonetheless - it ain't my job to do his work anyway. 

 

By the time he was done showering and dressing up it was 11 PM. Most of the girls were still out while some others were chatting in the dining room. I was in the living room waiting for Junhwe to come down to watch a movie together. Christmas just passed and none of the new Christmas movies were entertaining so I decided to annoy him by having Magic Mike XXL ready for us. Not that we'd finish watching it anyway -- It's either that he falls asleep or that we start gossiping about the people around us.

When he came into the living room he sat down next to me with an arm slinging around my shoulders. He smelled fresh, his hair still damp and his skin soft. I stared at him for a while. Honestly, he's really handsome. I loved him only after he opened his cheap mouth and gave me a view of his personality but to put the cherry on top: He's actually hot. I guess I was staring for a little too long because all of sudden I heard a movie play but that surely was not the one I prepared. I looked at the screen at saw it displaying Rise of the Guardians. “An animation movie, really now? Very romantic, June.” I asked maybe a little disappointed. He cackled, “Yeah because Magic Mike is the actual love story we all strive for, right?” 

“At least he uses his dancing talent and good looks usefully.” I shot him a glare.

“Are you asking me for a lapdance?” He raised an eyebrow cockily. I got up and walked towards the kitchen while telling him that's exactly what we need in this weather: body heat. I let out a soft sigh reminding myself of all those things I wanted to do with Junhwe when winter approached but now we're here.

“What are you going to do?” I heard him ask. I didn't reply though; instead I just pointed at the popcorn I grabbed and walked back to him while he started the movie - the one I wanted to watch. I put the bowl with popcorn on the coffee table and stood in front of him; “Babe, if you want me to watch this movie with you it might be good to not stand in my view.”

I sighed again and grabbed his arms before I turned around and sat on his lap, wrapping his arms around me. “Cuddle with me.” I made myself comfortable while he pulled me closer to him.

“What's wrong Chaeng?” 

I shook my head, “Nothing.” 

“You know you can tell me.” I felt his breath tickle on my neck and rested my head against his shoulder. “It's just... That I've been feeling so jolly and warm these days. Like I really miss you and I feel fluffy and gross - like I actually want to do couple things with you but not just couple things, I want to do it with the winter feel. Does that even make sense? Ugh probably not. The point is that I'm really glad and happy I'm here with you, I just wished it was in Korea where it's snowing and not here where even cuddling asks for the windows to open and let cool air in.” I closed my eyes in frustration. I felt Junhwe rubbing his hands on top of mine comfortingly. “It's funny what you mentioned just now.” He said while pushing me off him and walking behind the sofa we sat on. He sat back next to me with an envlope, handing it to me.

“What is this?” I asked.

“Open and find out.” 

And so I did. I carefully took the papers out of the envlope and gaped when I realised what it actually were. I started at him and he covered my mouth with his hand with a -eating grin on his face.

“Surprise .” He said as I tackled him on the sofa. 

Plane tickets. Plane tickets to Korea for tomorrow morning.

 


hjsjdjdbkaozksk yooo its 1am i got school tomorrow i had to finish this real quick and ugh sorry ill update any mistakes later gotta blast now good night loves ♡