Final

Hold Me Tight

Yoongi silently opened the door to his and Jimin’s shared bedroom, careful not to rouse his sleeping boyfriend. It was 3:30 in the morning and he had just come back from the studio, finally giving in to his need for rest.

 

    The elder carefully slid in under the comforter beside Jimin and snuggled up close in an attempt to steal some warmth. From their proximity Yoongi could faintly hear music playing from Jimin’s headphones: a song Yoongi had composed and produced just for him. Jimin listened to a playlist of Yoongi’s originals every night as he fell asleep, the voice of his lover pulling him into a deep slumber. The corners of Yoongi’s lips quirked upwards into a gummy smile as he stared lovingly at Jimin’s face. His eyes trailed down from his slightly disheveled fringe, to his short fluttery eyelashes, to his cute nose, to his pouty lips, taking in the features that he had already burned into his memory numerous times when sleep seemed to evade him.   

 

Yoongi’s thoughts wandered off to a quarrel the two had had earlier that day, where Jimin voiced his concern that his feelings towards the elder weren’t equally returned. Jimin was very affectionate with his boyfriend: he wouldn’t hesitate to give him hugs or quick pecks in front of the other members, and would constantly remind the latter how much he cared about him. Yoongi always pretended to detest these actions, though he secretly loved them. The only problem was that he wasn’t comfortable with returning them every time, as those kinds of sweet actions weren’t really his thing. While Jimin showed his feelings through spoken words and physical affection, Yoongi was more of the type to express himself through rehearsed words and thoughtful actions. It didn’t mean that he loved the younger any less, just that he had a less visible way of showing it.

 

Determined to reassure Jimin, Yoongi devised a plan to explain to the other how much he meant to him. Even though Yoongi was uncomfortable directly telling someone his feelings, there were several other approaches to consider. He would just have to wait until tomorrow to execute his plan, as sleep was slowly consuming his fatigued body.

 

• • • 

 

“Hey hyung, have you seen my phone?” Jimin asked Seokjin, looking around in confusion. He had just emerged from the bedroom, disappointed to see that he had missed Yoongi leaving again for the studio. He always comes back so late and leaves so early. No wonder he’s always exhausted, Jimin thought, immediately regretting the harsh words he had said to his lover the day before.

 

Seokjin gulped, hiding the phone behind his back and putting on an unconvincing look of confusion. “No I haven’t. Don’t you normally sleep with it though? Are you sure it didn’t just fall off the bed?” he asked.

 

Jimin shook his head. “No, it was there when I woke up, but it disappeared as soon as I came back from the bathroom!” Jimin gasped dramatically, his eyes narrowing as he slowly turned towards the kitchen table to see Jungkook and Taehyung sleepily shoveling spoonfuls of cereal into their mouths. “That must mean one of you JERKS took it! Hand it over, maknae!” Jimin yelled, practically pouncing on the poor victim who consequently spilled milk all over his shirt.

 

“What did I do? Jungkook asked innocently.

 

“I’m giving you five seconds to come clean,” Jimin said, holding up his arms and curling his fingers as a way to threaten the younger with tickles. “Jeon Jungkook, where is my phone?”

 

The maknae gave Jimin an incredulous look before shrugging it off, ignoring the elder’s countdown to return to his cereal. Meanwhile, Taehyung continued to stare off into space, completely oblivious to the whole ordeal. He turned his head towards the duo once Jungkook started letting out admittedly high-pitched squeals, cracking a broad smile and joining in on the tickle-fest.

 

Seokjin rolled his eyes. It was only 8:30 and the maknae line was already at it. He glanced down at his watch, deciding it was time for him to go.

 

“Kids, I’m gonna go take some food down to Yoongi. Make sure to behave while I’m gone!” he called, shoving Jimin’s phone into his back pocket and grabbing a sack of food.

 

Jimin immediately stood up straight. “Hyung, can I go instead? I didn’t get to see him last night..” he asked with his eyes shining.

 

If it weren’t for the special circumstance, Seokjin would’ve let him go. He understood how much Yoongi meant to the younger, and knew it was hard for him to hardly even get to see his lover despite the fact that they lived together. Nonetheless, Seokjin had a mission to complete, and had to turn down Jimin’s request.

 

“Jimin-ah, just stay back and eat. Yoongi said he was recording something important today anyways, so I was just gonna leave the food outside the door so I wouldn’t bother him. You’ll see him at dance practice this afternoon, don’t worry,” Seokjin said with a reassuring voice, ruffling the younger’s hair before heading out. He heaved a sigh of relief, amazed that he was able to convince Jimin. He was never much of a liar.

 

Once he reached the recording studio, Seokjin pulled open the door and gave Yoongi an exasperated look when he turned around. “Never ask me to lie again, I almost spilled,” he breathed out, handing the phone to the other. Yoongi gratefully accepted it with a bright, gummy smile. “Thanks hyung!”

 

“Yeah, whatever. Why did you ask me to get it for you in the first place? Couldn’t you have gotten it this morning?” the elder inquired, to which Yoongi shrugged.

 

“You’d be surprised how easily Jimin wakes up when you take his music away from him: he would’ve caught me before I even left the room. And I asked you because I knew he would suspect the maknaes before he suspected you.”

 

“That would make sense,” Seokjin thought, thinking back to the breakfast brawl between Jimin and Jungkook. “Anyways, I need payment for my services. What chores are you willing to do?”

 

“I’ll do the dishes tonight,” Yoongi said, his back already turned towards the other as he was plugging a USB cable into Jimin’s phone.

Seokjin sighed and put his hands on his hips. “That’s not enough.”

 

“Fine, I’ll cook dinner.”

 

“NO YOU WILL NOT. I’m not letting you back into the kitchen after the spaghetti incident. You’re doing the laundry this week.”

 

Yoongi swiveled around in his chair, a look of disgust on his face. He was met, however, with a stern look from the elder, telling him not to argue. He sighed. “Fine, mother.”

 

Satisfied, Seokjin left Yoongi to do...whatever it was he was doing. He wasn’t sure why Jimin’s phone was necessary for the process, however he didn’t question it as it was probably one of their weird couple things. He decided to rush back to the dorm to make sure the maknaes were still alive.

 

 

• • •

 

 

    After a long day of practice, Jimin had almost entirely forgotten about his missing phone. He was surprised, however, when he stepped into the bedroom after a quick shower to find it lying on the bed, as if it hadn’t left since that morning.

 

    “That sly maknae, he had it all along,” Jimin muttered to himself, chuckling lightly.

 

    “Had what all along?” a voice came from behind his ear. Jimin turned around and beamed at Yoongi, his eyes forming crescents.

 

    “Hyung! You’re home early!” he exclaimed, enveloping the elder in a tight embrace. “Jungkook is so mean! He stole my phone today and pretended it wasn’t him!” Jimin pouted, his face still nuzzled in his boyfriend’s warm chest.

 

    “Did he now?” Yoongi asked with a quizzical tone, wrapping his arms securely around the younger’s waist.

 

“Yeah. But hyung! You should really come home this early more often. You haven’t been getting much sleep lately.” Jimin looked up at Yoongi, a pleading look in his eyes.

 

“For you, I’ll try,” the elder whispered, pecking Jimin’s nose before pulling out of his grasp and leading him to the bed. The two snuggled up underneath the covers, Jimin enveloping Yoongi in a warm hug and resting his head on his chest while the elder reached over to plug the earphones into Jimin’s ears and press play on the usual playlist.

 

The two sat in silence for about fifteen minutes, with Jimin drifting off to sleep on top of an anxious Yoongi whose thoughts kept him wide awake. He could faintly hear a song coming to an end from Jimin’s headphones, and quickly closed his eyes as he heard the beginning of the next song...or rather, next audio file.

 

“Jiminie? I hope you’re still awake,” a voice cut through the silence. Jimin stirred, sleepily opening an eye to stare at Yoongi. “Hyung?” he asked, but was met with a grunt and Yoongi turning his face away. He didn’t want to reveal that he was awake. Not yet, at least.

 

“Anyways, I just wanted to say sorry for the argument we had yesterday. I’m sorry that I don’t always return your acts of affection or say the things you want me to say.”

 

Jimin realized that the voice was coming from his headphones. Yoongi must have recorded it earlier that day. The tone of his voice and the things he was saying put Jimin on edge–surely he wasn’t breaking up with him, was he? Jimin’s body stiffened and his eyes opened up wide, anxious to listen to the rest of the recording.

 

“But that doesn’t mean that I don’t love you. Heck, I don’t even know if love is a strong enough word to describe the way I feel for you. I love the way your eyes crinkle up when you smile, the way your laugh sounds like an angel’s. I love your playful personality and your willingness to help the other members when they’re struggling. I’ve loved you since the predebut days when you were an innocent little trainee from Busan, and I’ll love you until we’re old and wrinkly and you need to remind me everyday to take my vitamins. It ruins me when I see you hurting yourself over things like your appearance. Jiminie, you are absolutely beautiful: the people who tell you that you’re not are blind. Everything about you is beautiful, and even if the whole world hates it, your cute little tummy will always be my favorite.”

 

Jimin giggled and buried his face even farther into Yoongi’s chest, humming in content. The elder dropped his act and responded by tickling Jimin’s tummy, earning a surprised squeak followed by another giggle.

 

“I really wish there was an easy way for me to show you how much I love you. Even these words don’t serve my feelings any justice. Just know that no matter what, I will always be here for you, will always support you when you need it, and will always love you unconditionally. So please don’t ever again doubt how much I care about you, Park Jimin. You mean the world to me and I would never let anything happen to my world.”

 

Jimin choked out a sob and lifted his head to meet Yoongi’s loving gaze. The two stared at each other for what felt like an eternity before Jimin crashed his lips into the elder’s. The kiss was wet and sloppy from Jimin’s tears, but the pair didn’t care. They could stay that way forever for all that mattered. However, the need for oxygen forced the two apart all too soon.

 

They grinned at each other for a while until Jimin decided to ruin the atmosphere by flicking Yoongi’s forehead. Yoongi gave him a confused look, the corners of his lips quirking upwards as he saw the mischievous look in this boyfriend’s eyes “That’s for stealing my phone!” Jimin whispered fervently, sticking his tongue out playfully before curling up beside the elder and resting his head on his chest again.

 

Yoongi smiled at his boyfriend’s cuteness before wrapping his arms around him and placing a soft kiss on the top of his head.

 

“I love you, Jiminie.”

 

“I love you too, Yoongi.”

 

Yoongi fit the fallen earbud into Jimin’s ear and settled into a comfortable position around his lover, a wide grin on his face as he slowly drifted off to sleep.


 

-----

JIMIN IS AN ANGEL YOU CAN'T CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Anyways, thanks for reading, even though the ending was abrupt af and the writing was pretty bad.

They look so happy awww

I hope you have a great day and a wonderful year!