prologue

tell her this

  If hot sweeetened coffee are made for early mornings, warm chamomile tea are made for the late evenings when the rush is over, and the only thing you have to look forward to for the day was the comfort of the night. She would be curled up with a blanket draped over her. Her glasses would be among the pile of papers she pushed aside in favor of watching her favourite drama starring the very attractive Sung Joon. She found it kind of sad that he was overshadowed by the likes of Kim Woobin and Lee Minho.

  But today was different, instead being back in her small apartment, she was at a cute little hipster cafe that she never thought she would actually step in. But the text she received sounded so urgent, that she just felt like she had to come.

  Which was the exact reason she had opened in protest when an older blonde slipped in the seat across her, in place of her friend.

  "I'm so glad you came," Taeyeon said, sounding a bit breathless.

  "I'm actually here to see -" 

  "Seungwan right? I mean, Wendy," Taeyeon quickly corrected herself. "Sorry, I'm used to calling most people by their Korean names. Tiffany's probably the only friend I actually call by an english name. I heard that you have one too, but I don't even know what is it."

  "It's fine," she said, hoping that a smile would somehow comfort the older girl. She decided to ignore the fact that she's been tricked. "You can still call me Yoonhye."

  "Right, I'm sorry," Taeyeon began, before heaving a sigh and looked straight at the younger with such a look that the other began wondering how close Taeyeon was to a breakdown. "About everything."

  "What?" Don't bring it up. Don't bring it up.

  "I'm sorry about everything that happened to you guys and-"

  "Taeyeon, you shouldn't, no you can't apologize for something someone else did," she tried to cut in, just wanted to put everything behind.

  "I know, but they are my friends," Taeyeon explained, sounding so sincere. "And what they did was horrible to you guys. I'm sorry that things went down the way they did."

  She smiled a bittersweet smile, wanting to say something anything that might actually show the older everything was okay - that they were okay. But looking in Taeyeon's eyes, talking about her friends - their friends - it brought back too much painful memories. Somewhere in her mind, she knew, Taeyeon didn't just come to see her to reminince about the old days anyway.

  "What is it, Taeyeon-ssi?" She asked, deciding that this is most likely a business meeting rather than a friendly chat.

  Hearing the formality, Taeyeon's eyes dimmed a little but she knew she couldn't turn back. Not yet, not now. She was in a place too hard for her to handle by herself. A place not even her closest friends can really help her with. She needed help from someone who knew was well versed in these kinds of areas.

  "I need your help."

***

thoughts?