This Will Be Fun...

The Struggle is Real

As Hangeng stepped off the plane from Beijing, his eyes strained to adjust to the light. It was barely six in the morning and he had slept the entire flight. Hangeng yawned; Sun-Le, his manager and close friend, pushed him along the terminal towards the taxi that was supposed to take them to the SM building. The schedule for today was that Hangeng and the other eleven boys were to congregate in a meeting room to discuss their new training regiment. There was a problem; Hangeng didn't speak a word of Korean. 

Geng got in the taxi, his eyes were now growing wide as the car took off. This country was so different from Beijing. There were so many buildings and so many signs and businesses, but there weren't as many people. It felt so weird being out of the country he had lived in for nineteen years. Two weeks ago he was broke and homeless, now he's got a brand new start in a different country.

The ride to the SM building was shorter than it seemed and the close they got, the more nervous Geng became.

He started thinking 'What if I just go back now? I can find work in Beijing. Yeah, I mean...well, Korea is so different, who wants a Chinaman in their industry?'

The car stopped in front of an unfamilar building and Sun-Le got out of the car, Geng naturally following. Sun-Le led Han Geng into the building and up to the third floor conference room. In the room were eleven boys sitting around a table. Most of them were talking to eachother, some more excited than others. There was one boy, or girl, maybe...however, whoever it was, they weren't so enthuastic about being awake so early.

They were sitting at the head of the table, legs and arms crossed. The choice in clothes were also odd, a pink yarn poncho with white pants and yellow long sleeve shirt. Their hair was what threw Geng off. They had very feminine features and the most likely waist length hair was so confusing. He thought he was going in an only male training group. Whatever, he had no room to complain, his pants were too loose and his shirt had holes in it. He looked ragged.

Geng decided it was best to hide behind Sun-Le until he was abandoned when the managers left to have their own meeting. Hangeng looked like a deer in headlights whenever Sun-le left. The other boys turned their attention to the pathetic guy and whispers began to be heard. Hangeng understood none of it. 

"Alright guys!" one of the company managers shouted as he walked in. "Lets get started."

He paused, looking over at Hangeng near the door. "What's he doing?"

Siwon stood up, "I think he's the chinese guy."

"Chinese? Well, you know that, tell him to sit down!" the Manager shouted.

Siwon nodded and told Hangeng to sit in the empty chair, he was reluctant since the only open chair was next to the oddly dressed kid, but he sat down anyway. Heechul looked up from the floor and noticed the pathetic looking boy next to him. He rolled his eyes and just sighed.

"I guess they're letting everyone in here now." he muttered under his breath, speaking about the atrocity that was Geng's appearance.

As the managers began talking, Han Geng went from shy to confused to looking like you just called him out in a crowd of 300 people because he burped or something like that. He understood not a word unless his name was said, which happened some and at one point the manager stopped and called his name. He looked up at the man and stood when he was pulled to his feet.

"Introduce yourself." the manager said, Geng not saying anything. "Hey, introduce yourself!" he shouted as the other trainee's and Geng's manager walked in.

"He doesn't understand you." Sun-Le said in an annoyed tone. "And if you yell at him, you'll make him cry, he's a sensitive guy." he finished before telling Geng: "Geng Geng, introduce yourself to these boys. Say what we practiced." to which Han Geng nodded.

He bowed and tried to think. "Hello, I am Han Geng...er...Hankyung! Hankyung...and I am from Beijing." he mumbled in a shy and slightly wobbly Korean. The other boys just nodded and stood as they were dismissed.

"Oh! Wait!" the company manager shouted, "We need someone to room with the foreign kid." he said, making Sun-Le roll his eyes. Everyone looked around.

"I'm rooming with Sungmin!" Ryeowook said. Donghae grabbed hold of Eunhyuk as if to claim him and Leeteuk and Kangin just shrugged. Siwon was with Yesung and Shindong had chosen to room with Kibum. The manager sighed and looked around,

"Does anyone not have a roommate?"

Heechul, who wasn't even paying attention, remained silent until Eunhyuk started talking.

"Heechul hyung doesn't have a roommate! Jaejoong left to dorm with the other guys!"

"Is that so? Well, Heechul! Yah! Heechul, you're rooming with Hankyung!" Those words, those horrible words made Heechul shoot up from his seat in protest.

"WHAT?! NO! NO WAY! I'm not rooming with him! Look at him!" he shouted, pulling at Hangeng's shabby clothes. The manager didn't care.

"Too bad, it's settled!" he said as the other boys filed out the room and only Heechul and Han Geng were left in the room. Geng was still clutching his suitcase as Heechul just sighed and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him out of the room towards the new dorm complex down the street.

"Look. I have rules, don't get in my way and don't talk to me unless necesary, got it?" Heechul said firmly. He sighed when he just got a blank stare from Han Geng.

"Are you stupid? Why aren't you--oh wait, you don't speak Korean....great..." he grumbled.

"This will be fun..."