Secret Scheme

Secret Scheme - Sunggyu & Woohyun

The dorm was quiet this morning, the members of Infinite had the luxury of having the day off. Which meant that most of them were still sleeping while the sun climbed in the slightly lighting sky. Sunggyu relaxed on the couch, a blanket over his form while his eyes moved to the words that lined the screen of his phone.

Breaking the silence, Woohyun’s footsteps shuffled across the hardwood as he B-lined to the island in the kitchen, filing through the stack of mail on the island, he quickly moved around the kitchen before trotting over into the living room.

“Where is it” Woohyun grumbled as he rifled through blankets and pillows on the couch before he ran across the room to another pile in the arm chair.

Sunggyu’s eyes lifted over the edge of his phone as he saw Woohyun’s form flash across the room. Dropping his eyes back down to his phone, his eyes moved over the text he was reading.

“Where could it be?!” Woohyun’s voice called slightly louder than the last while rapid steps thundered across the floor.

“Yah! Can’t you be a little quieter, I am trying to read and the others are trying to sleep” Sunggyu pressed his index finger against his lips as he continued to watch Woohyun turn the apartment upside down.

“Sorry Sunggyu, I was supposed to leave ten minutes ago but… I can’t find it…” Woohyun stood up, pacing slowly while his fingers ruffled his hair angrily.

“What are you looking for?” Sunggyu turned his body slightly towards Woohyun, seeing if he could help his distraught member.

“S-S-Something” Woohyun grumbled as his hands rested on his hips while his tongue slowly slid over his pink lips letting his mind churn as to where it could be.

“If you don’t tell me what it is, I can’t help you” Sunggyu turned his full attention to Woohyun as his arm rested on top of the back of the couch.

“I know… but… it is kind of a surprise…” Woohyun brushed his thumb across his bottom lip, his eyes staring straight ahead to the wood floor.

“Who is it a surprise for?” Sunggyu probed, tilting his head to the side, becoming increasingly interested.

“N-No one” Woohyun stammered, quickly snapping his eyes to the nearest clock, he hissed before trotting over to the key ring, hanging on the wall. Pulling a set of keys off, he slipped his feet into his shoes and pulling a jacket off of the rack.

“Yah, where are you going?! You haven’t found your… your… thingy yet…” Sunggyu sat taller on the couch as Woohyun just grinned while opening up the front door.

“Don’t worry I thought of something even better” Woohyun reassured his friend as he smiled brightly at Sunggyu, waving his hand excitedly before closing the front door and skipping down the exterior steps to the parking lot.

“I wonder what he is up to….” Sunggyu whispered to himself, turning himself back around on the couch, he returned his eyes to the book.

Adjusting himself a little more in the cushions of the couch, he settled back into his book before he felt something sticking him in the back. Reaching around himself, he pulled out a little box.

“Aish… I thought I told them to clean the place up…” Sunggyu grumbled as he continued to look at the box that sat in the palm of his hand. “I-Is this… is this what Woohyun was looking for?”

“Morning Sunggyu” Myungsoo yawned and shuffled over to the arm chair, plopping himself down into the pillows and blankets that mounded over the seat of the arm chair.

“Hey Myungsoo…” Sunggyu let his eyes wonder around the box that his thumb was brushing over, “Do you happen to know where Woohyun was heading for the day?”

“I thought he said he was meeting a friend… but I don’t know… he could be meeting inspirits” Myungsoo pulled the blanket closer to his body as he cuddled with the pillows and blankets around him.

Pursing his lips, Sunggyu hummed and leaned back slightly. His phone vibrated as a notification scrolled across the top of his screen. His brown eyes flickered down to the screen as he quickly read the notification.

_______’s Birthday

Reality hit Sunggyu as he looked at the door slowly, brushing his tongue across his lips, he returned his head forward before opening the box that he found behind his back.

“Myungsoo, do you think that you could watch over the guys?” Sunggyu questioned, standing to his feet, tossing the blanket that was overlaying his lay to the back of the couch.

“Sure hyung… but where are you going?” Myungsoo yawned while his hand slowly rubbed his eye.

“I am going to give this to Woohyun and go and wish _____ a happy birthday” Sunggyu tried to quickly text Woohyun with no success.

“Sure…” Myungsoo hummed before his eyes slowly slid closed.

Sunggyu went to his room, quickly changing into a comfy black sweater and jeans, he slipped on some shoes, grabbed some keys and headed out of the apartment with the box in his back pocket.

Two firm knocks arrived at your door. Turning your head, you glanced at the door debating if you should answer the door or not. Another pair of knocks came from your door, getting up, you balanced your cereal bowl in one hand as you unlocked the door with the other. Still dressed in your pajamas, you opened the door as Woohyun’s smiling face greeted you.

“Hey _________!” Woohyun smiled brightly as he started throwing hearts you way.

“What are you doing here, Heart Prince?” You questioned, stirring your cereal a moment more before slipping another bite between your lips. 

“I wanted to come and steal you away for the day” His hands slid into his front pockets as a smile curled on your lips as you chewed your breakfast.

“Steal me away for the day, huh?” You slid another bite into your mouth, “Where would we go?”

“Well… I was going to let you choose, but I had a few ideas in mind if you couldn’t think of anything” Woohyun flashed a signature smile your direction as you just shook your head.

“Come on in, I will change and then we can go” You smiled as you pushed the door open with your foot. He smiled and stepped inside. Shutting the door behind him, he pulled out his phone and checked a few missed messages and calls while you washed out your finished bowl and headed to your bedroom to change.

Coming back out in a cute long sleeved baseball style shirt, you tucked one side into your jeans as your hair cascaded over your shoulders with a half ponytail holding back some of your hair.

“What do you have planned today” You questioned, skipping over to Woohyun. A smile drew across his lips as he offered you one of his arms, slipping your arm through his, he smiled at you.

“You’ll see” He winked at you before the two of you headed over to the door. Pulling on a coat, the two of you headed out the door and down to the parking lot to see a familiar car pull up.

Woohyun unlocked his car while you kept your eyes on the familiar car cutting across the parking lot and coming to a screeching halt in front of the two of you.

“Where do you think you are going?!” Sunggyu spat once his window rolled down.

“Hrmmmm I don’t know… it is a surprise” Woohyun giggled as you nodded along, trying to read the situation at hand.

“Well you forgot something at home” Sunggyu lifted the box from the center console and held it up in the cab of his car. Woohyun’s body tensed as he lunged forward trying to grab it from Sunggyu’s grasp.

“Give it” Woohyun hissed as you unhooked your arm from Woohyun’s wiggly body.

“Not until, ______ comes with me” Sunggyu posed as your eyes widened, Woohyun’s head turned towards you so that your two favorite members of Infinite were staring at you.

“W-Why do I need to come with you?” You stepped back slightly, trying to read their faces.

“See what you did?” Woohyun hissed, standing upright, rubbing his neck trying to figure out how to salvage this.

“You were the one that left this at home” Sunggyu grumbled as he sat back in the drivers seat.

“But you didn’t have to come and give it to me” Woohyun told Sunggyu

“But I did, I thought….” Sunggyu glanced at you before he pulled out his phone and texted Woohyun the rest.

I thought you needed your present for her… - S

I do, but I didn’t want you to be here… now you will want to take her out -W

We all do, she isn’t yours you know… - S

She could be, I want her to be - W

Watching them trade glances at each other between texts, you folded your arms over your chest as you shifted your weight to one leg, relieving your other.

“What is this about?” You interjected, watching their pair of eyes meet yours, Woohyun slid his phone into his pocket and joined you at your side.

“Well we have practice later, so I have to leave around dinner time…” Woohyun lied as Sunggyu his lips lightly and looked in the opposite direction.

“That’s fine with me, I have an appointment later anyways” You shrugged your shoulders trying to make it seem not like a big deal. However the two guys took it completely different. Their eyes snapped to yours.

“A-An appointment” They stammered in unison

“With who?” Sunggyu questioned

“A friend” You told them, knowing Dongwoo invited you over to their place later for game night, their once babbling mouths were silenced as you tugged on Woohyun’s arm. “Shall we?”

“Y-Yeah” Woohyun nodded and walked around the front of Sunggyu’s car before he unlocked the car and opened the passenger door for you. Slipping into the seat, you buckled yourself in as Woohyun and Sunggyu exchanged glances.

Woohyun started up his car and the two of you headed off to the city for the day. Pampering you all day, the two of you walked the streets lined with windows, entering into any shop that seemed fit, Woohyun bought you things and the two of you ate lunch together at your favorite place. Seeing the sights and laughing along with him as he tried to sing some of the songs that came over the radio, the two of you enjoyed the day.

Making your way back to the car after your long day, you placed the bags in the trunk as he opened the door for you without fail. Right as you slid into your seat, his phone sounded. Closing your door, he answered it and stayed outside of the car as you tried to read his lips as to what is going on.

Failing to read lips, you sat back in your seat and played on your phone for a moment before you heard his door open. Sliding behind the wheel, you glanced over at him wondering if you should question who was on the phone.

“I have to head back to the dorm really quickly, Dongwoo got into the candy and Sunggyu says I need to go an help…. would you like to come with me?” Woohyun’s eyes finally found yours after his little explanation.

“Sure~ It would be a treat to see the guys” You smiled as he pushed the start button on the car and headed towards the dorm.

Humming and singing to well known songs on the radio, the two of you made it back to the dorm in no time. Woohyun pulled into an empty parking space as the two of you headed inside, trying to prepare yourself for the worst.

“Did Sunggyu say anything else?” You questioned, wondering what all you were going to see.

“Just that Dongwoo ate some candy and he wasn’t feeling good and the others weren’t doing so well either” Woohyun held door after door open for you.

Climbing the stairs, you found yourself in front of their door in no time, Woohyun brushed the key card over the door handle and opened it after the chime sounded.

Heading inside, you slid your coat off of your shoulders as your eyes slowly scanned the room.

“SURPRISE!” The members popped out from behind furniture and moved out from being hidden as some Sungyeol, Sungjong, Dongwoo and Hoya were all holding presents. Myungsoo was busy snapping too many pictures to count and Sunggyu carefully balanced a beautifully decorated cake between his hands.

“Guys… what is all of this?” You looked around in shock as Woohyun helped you come further inside.

“We wanted to surprise you with a party!” Dongwoo chimed happily.

“But- but you guys were fighting” You looked between Sunggyu and Woohyun as your eyes turned to Dongwoo, “You’re not sick are you?”

“Ah no… well… I did eat candy but I am fine” Dongwoo gave a cute little energetic dance causing the guys to shake their heads while smiles pulled on their lips.

“We combined our ideas, to try and give you the best birthday possible” Woohyun smiled as Sunggyu explained.

“My idea was to take you shopping and to kidnap you for the day and then go watch the stars on the rooftop and Sungygu wanted to give you a surprise party, so we just combined them” Woohyun added as you felt something warm begin to grow inside of you. Knowing that they took one of their days just to surprise you was the best feeling in the world as it left a strong impression on you.

“Thank you guys so much! Although I should be the one giving you gifts” You giggle as Woohyun blushes

“You give us your love and that is gift enough” Woohyun threw countless hearts at your direction.

“Nam Grease, you should stop or she is going to pass out” Hoya teased while the guys set your presents and your cake on the island in the kitchen.

“There is one present to which I want to give her” Woohyun moved closer to you as the guys folded their arms across their chest wondering what was up his sleeve.

“What would that be Woohyun?” You questioned, slipping your hands into the back pockets of your jeans. Before your eyes, Woohyun pulled a small box out of his back pocket and opened it in front of you.

“Happy Birthday _______, I hope you can keep all of us in your heart as the years go on. May you have a better year than last. Saranghae” He whispered the last part quietly as your eyes flickered from his heartfelt message then down to the breathtaking golden locket necklace and matching bracelet and earrings.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY _______!” Infinite cheered happily as you wrapped your arms around Woohyun, then Sunggyu, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Hoya, Dongwoo, and last but not least Myungsoo.

Out of the corner of your eyes, you watched Sunggyu hug Woohyun, giving each other compliments on their secret scheme. 

“Can we have cake now?” Dongwoo whined along with Sungjong

“Yes we can, I will open the others later” You smiled as you and the guys headed into the kitchen to cut the cake and open up your other presents to round off a surprising and unforgettable birthday.