Chapter 4

The Time between Us

 

Kim’s heart was beating faster and faster. She didn’t know what to do. Move, hide or run.

 As she was about to turn, this gigantic dog pawed on her and she fell down. “Ouch! Okay boy, calm down, I guess you like me”. The dog kept on her until she couldn’t see the person standing right next to her.


“Sorry po ma’am, it got loose and saw your bright beautiful dress and ran,” housekeeper said. “What kind of dog is that? Kim asked.” When the housekeeper was about to answer, Mommy V yelled out to Kim. Kim rushed to coming in to the house when he saw Ken and gave him a big hug.  “Ate Kim, how are you?” “Wow Ken you had grown to a handsome young man, girlfriend yet?” “Not yet, I have no interest in girls yet, Ken beamed.”

 They were led to a nice dining room that overlooks the mountains. “Tita, where did you ever find this place, I didn’t know there was even a house here, Kim asked.” “Actually, I know the owner of this house.  I asked him if I can have company here for lunch today and he eagerly agreed. Believe or not, it was his idea.” Kim noticed that Ken was on the phone but not talking just listening and nodding. It also seemed that the table is set for 5 people and wondering who the other two are.  She didn’t want to ask but she wondered if it is Gerald and new wife.  But when she heard a man’s voice behind her, she turned and it was Mr. Anderson.  “Kim, how lovely to see you, you are getting prettier and prettier.  I bought all your magazines.” “Tito, I missed you, how are you?” The two were having a good conversation until Ken surprised her with beautiful pink roses. Kim blushed and Ken made sure that it wasn’t from him.  She asked him but didn’t want to say it. 

 Kim had to freshen up before they eat so she excused herself to go to the bathroom.  She was a bit uneasy and felt like something is going to go down but can’t pin point what exactly is. “Whatever is going to take place Kim, just be calm?” She gave a quick smile on the mirror and she left the bathroom. 

When she exited the bathroom, she looked around and everyone seemed to be no where insight.  She then called out and nobody was answering.  She saw terrace from a far and went out.  She found a beautiful table set for two people. 

 “Hi, Kim!”