Tough Heart

Tough Heart

"I don't need to rush. Even a butterfly will fly if I ran for it"  - Taehyung

🔼🔽🔼🔽

“Taehyungiee~ Just this one, huh? Do it for me, ok?” a black-hair boy was half-kneeling , begging in front of his desk’s classmate.

A boy with a hazelnut hair cringed after watching the boy’s aegyo and stared blankly in his eyes. After a chuckled from his deskmate beside him, he sighed.

“Hye, Sungjae. You know that I am not this kind of thing. It’s not my profession. I can hangout with you guys, but not a group- blind date.” Taehyung folded his hands and leaned back on his chair.

“Taetae, you really have to come. Those girls are coming after I mentioned your name, though. You’re quite popular among the high schools around here.” Being rejected, he sat on his chair and face toward his friends.

“Wahh. You’re really something, aren’t you?” Just watching the whole scene from his desk, he joined the conversation involuntarily and elbowed Taehyung’s arm. He knew all along about his bestfriend’s popularity.

Since their first year in Seoul Highschool, he was one of the boys that you wanted to stare for the whole day. A bunch of girls were already shy to be around him in the first week of school. But, yeah. It was Taehyung that we talked about. He was oblivious for the whole thing and just being himself – like an alien from another stars. That was him, after all – it was his charm. Most of the teenagers in his age were looking forward in dating-relationship, but not him. 

“Jimin, help me, won’t you?” Taehyung frowned his eyebrows to his deskmate.

Jimin looked at their class’ blackboard. After a while, he put his head on his desk and turned to Taehyung. “Just have fun. Maybe this is your chance. Why don’t you try, huh?”

“What’s ‘chance’ , Jimin?" he asked after the orange-hair boy laughed shortly. Right then, he stood up and looked at Jimin and Sungjae. “Toilet” he answered for their silence question and walked out from the noisy-class.

Not doing his real motive, he stopped beside the boys’ bathroom and rested his arm on an opened window. Luckily, Mr. Kim was absent for his class’ music period, so he could take his time to walk back to his class.

From his view, he saw a girl and a boy fight each other. After a while, the girl cried and ran away from the boy. ‘Couple-fight’ he murmured to himself. And that’s one of a reasons why he didn’t want to get involved in high school love. Two years in high school, he always witnessed his other friends’ love-relationship. After a big fight about a small matter, they broke up and another day, found a new love.

Taehyung really appreciate love, but what he really want was a serious-kind relationship where he could share his life with his love until he dies. And he believed, his love-life would come in unexpected way. He will wait.

After he let out a sigh like and old man was going through a thug life, he turned around to go back to his class. Right then, a girl was struggling with a pile of files fall in front of him. He ran and helped the girl. “Nayoung. You should call somebody for help, shouldn’t you?”

The girl locked her hair behind her ears before she took the remain files on the floor.“Taehyung. I appreciate your help, but it’s okay. I can do it by myself.” she said as she stood up. Her hair flowed naturally behind her back. Not holding these files seperatedly, she put them on her hands and glanced in Taehyung’s hands. “Could you please put those files on this?” she pouted her lips on the tower in front of her.

Instead of adding for another tower, he took some of it and held in his hands firmly. “Where do you want to go?”

🔽🔼🔽🔼

Nayoung was once Taehyung’s classmate in their middle school. She quite popular in her abilities in every kind of work. She really love to help teachers and Students’ Council once in a while and she still did it in high school. Besides Jimin, Nayoung is one of his close-friend during middle school.

Despite that Nayoung helped the Students’ Council back then, she always warned Teahyung and Jimin every time both of them almost-getting-caught in their mischievous behaviour. 

“How’s high school, Nayoung? Still volunteer in helping teachers?” Taehyung asked her since she was in a different class in high school. She was indeed better in studies than him that they were separated from the start of their second year high school-life.

“What a teased from Mr. Popular?” Nayoung glanced the guy from her eyes. ‘He’s getting taller than last year’ she thought in her minds. She laughed shortly after she managed to prevent from her friend's shoulder. Of course it was done intentionally by Taehyung.

“Geez, an expert already?” he smiled after seeing his friend’s respond.

Nayoung is probably the girl that you couldn't hate, of course. Pretty, tall, athlethic, such a helper to everyone, and an independence girl. She's such a reliable one - she helped the reports in the Student Council all by herself. Teachers love her too.

Her maturity hit her earlier than her others friends since her parents divorce during elementary school. From the day her father leave her together with her mother and her younger sister, Naeun, she stopped relied on others' people. She just wanted to grow up and helped her mother in the future. 

“Anyway, what are these files?” Taehyung glanced the files in his hands, searching if there was a title or anything.

"They're from the Students' Information room. Currently, our principal moved the room to a bigger one for those files. And, it is too burdensome to call another worker to move all of these, Mr Andy was chosen to take a full charge about those files. And, Mr. Andy asked for my help. Oh, the room beside the vending machine," Nayoung lead Taehyung to a room.

After he put the files on a desk, Taehyung took a glance at the new Students' Information room. "You're right, it's bigger than before" 

The size of the room was as big as a half-normal classroom. What grabbed Taehyung’s attention the most, the height of the book shelves with 7 racks was one-palm above his head.

"You can go back, Taehyung" Nayoung arranged some files on a desk beside the door neatly.

Taehyung stared at her by the door and sat on a stool. "Are you kidding me, I don't wanna miss this chance to skip another classes. Let me help you."

"You don't have to. I just need to arrange these and put them in a rack. And I'm done." After she arranged for another 5 files, she walked to a bookshelves and tiptoed to reach the highest rack. Then, she put the files one by one from her hands into the rack with struggle.

“Geez, acting tough aren’t you?” Taehyung spoke under his breath, enough to be heard by Nayoung.

"Hey, I heard tha-“ Right before she finished her sentence, her finger slipped through one of the files at the highest rack and it fall on her foot. “Ouch!” With a quick respond, she pulled up her leg and landed on the file. She almost fall backward because of the file that she stepped on but Taehyung grabbed her arms from behind. The extra files in her hands separated all over the floor. She moved away from Taehyung as she realized how close his face behind her head.

Taehyung seemed shock at Nayoung's reaction and sighed. "Quite dangerous over there. Let me help you." He said as he collected the remain files on the floor. The girl only stood still in front of him. He took a glance at her, her hair that almost reached her hips was all over her face. “Hey, don’t do that. You scared me. What’s wrong?”

Taehyung is one of her friend but she never been close to him like before. It startled her for a while and smiled. ‘I’m getting too excited, aren’t I?’ she murmured in her heads. ‘If I was another girl, he would definitely save me.’ She managed her hair and joined Taehyung. “If you didn’t save me, my head would hit on another bookshelves” . They stood together and she smiled at Taehyung “Thank you”

Taehyung stared at her for a while and chuckled .He took the files in Nayoung’s hands and put them on a bookshelves. “On this rack, right?”

“Yup. Let me settled at the lowest rack” Nayoung flipped her legs to sit down and arranged another bunch of files.

As he put the files carefully, he glanced once in a while at the girl that was immersed in her job “Your hair is getting longer”

“You noticed that?”

Taehyung didn’t say anything.

🔽🔼🔽🔼

As Taehyung waited for Nayoung to come out from the new Students' Information room, he witnessed something at the nearest window. It was the boy who had a fight with his girl before. ‘We quite see each other today, huh?’ .

That boy seemed to wait for someone. After a minute, the same girl came out from a corner and they hugged each other after a small talk.

“Hye, are you spacing out again? You seemed quiet since in the room. Something's wrong?” Nayoung glanced at the window. “What are you watching?”

“There's nothing there.” Taehyung pulled Nayoung far away from the window. He took a glance from the tip of his eyes to see the scene again. When the couple walked away with arm linked to each other, he smiled. “Let's go. I think 2 classes that I skipped are enough. If I skip more, I'll get another detention”

Following Taehyung from behind, Nayoung looked again at the window for the last time and ran to catch his pace. ‘Whatever'

“Nayoung, do you like someone at the moment?” Taehyung broke the silence between them.

Nayoung looked at Taehyung to read his face but his expression-less. “Why are you asking about that?” Nayoung led their way at the stairs. They climbed up to the second floor together since their classroom were just next to each other.

“No reason”

Nayoung stopped at the middle of the stairs and turned around to face him. She looked at Taehyung as if something's wrong with him. After he shrugged at Nayoung's suspicious, Nayoung led their way again. But this time, in a slower pace. “I don't know. Maybe yes. Maybe not” 

"If someone confess to you? What are you gonna do?"

"I will appreciate about it but I think it's better if he confessed when both of us have a carrier. You know,when we already a grow up." She said as she jumped for another two, last steps. "And we can get married afterward." 

"Even though you barely know him?" Taehyung asked and stopped at the corner of the stairs.

Nayoung laughed in her breath. "It's just a wish. I'm not looking for a date, right now. So, it doesn't important." She smiled and looked at him. "Why are you asking about these things?"

Silent surrounded both of them. 

"Nayoung" Taehyung caught her attention even though the girl was already looking at him. "Let's date when we get older"

 🔽🔼🔽🔼

“I don't know that the toilet could take two buildings from here.” Jimin laughed at Sungjae's statement. After Taehyung took his seat behind him, he turned around and asked about the group-blind date. “Have you think about it on a mountain or something?” Before Taehyung could answer his question, Mr Lee came in to start his Math's lesson.

"Alright, sit in your place already. Sungjae, stop playing aroud. Look infront. Open your text-"

As Mr Lee warned Sungjae, Taehyung gave a pat on his shoulder and mimiced his mouth 'Later'

“Jimin, I forgot to bring my textbook.” He explained at Jimin as he pulled casually the textbook to put between him and the owner.

As the lessons went on, Taehyung spaced out. Taehyung loved to space out in classes, but when he started to draw a circle with his pencil while he was spacing out-he was thinking about something.

“Are you thinking about the group-blind date?” Jimin's question stopped Taehyung from making a real big circle on his textbook. “You almost coloured for the whole page.” He gave his eraser to Taehyung, so that his friend could erased for what he had done. “The group-blind date burden you?”

“Nope.” Taehyung chuckled under his breath and started to erase his masterpiece. After a while, he smiled shyly.

Jimin confused. "Then something's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just, had a thought about how I'm looking forward to be a grown up." Taehyung said as he gave back Jimin's eraser.

"And why is that?"

Taehyung smiled, showing his teeth like he usually did. "It's a secret"