Chapter One

Best Moment in Life

Chapter One.

 

It was the middle of the coldest winter when my mother passed. I remember her cold hands being entangled in mine, and tears filling my eyes as I begged for her to stay. My older brother placed a hand on my shoulder to console my heart, and at that moment all my rage flooded out. I honestly don’t remember throwing the punch, but he was on the floor staring up at me in disbelief. How could he be so solemn in a time like this. No tears, no sadness, acting as if nothing happened. It made me upset remembering all the tears he shed when our father left on his own free will, and not shedding one tear for our mother that loved us endlessly.

His eyes searched mine to see if I had remorse but soon gave up. “Hoseok,” He said with a trembling voice. It was that moment when I realized my mistake. I could hear all the sadness in his voice as he tried to gain his composure. “I’ll be leaving…first…” I wanted to call out to him to apologize and beg for his forgiveness, but my pride held me back.

“Whatever.” That was the beginning of the rift that started between us, and that rift would only continue to grow as time passed by. Slowly I closed my eyes and I could feel time fast forward. My surroundings changed and it was now summer.

“Are you just going to stand there?” Jin asked with annoyance as he unpacked the car.

“Why did we have to move to Daegu?” I ask matching the same tone as his.

“We couldn’t afford to live in that house anymore, and Daegu was where I got hired.” Jin was agitated I could tell by the tightness of his jaw. “Get the rest of the stuff in the house. I’m going to the supermarket.”

“Fine.” Jin sent a look my way and I returned the favor. He reversed out the driveway and sped down the empty street. I slowly took in a breath trying wheel in all the aggravation I had. “There’s nothing I can do now…I’m here…” The last package just made it into the house when I saw him.

This was my first time seeing someone with such an outrageous hair color but it suited him. His eyes were closed as he opened his mouth to let out a hearty laugh. The group of boys that were with him laughed along. The wind was blowing through his mint colored hair as the sunlight danced on top. His eyes opened and they locked with mine. The aura that he emitted smelled of freedom a life with no responsibilities. A smile spread across his face as he revved up his black motorcycle and popped a wheelie. He was the embodiment of coolness, and from that moment I was drawn to him like a moth to a flame. That was my first encounter with Min Yoongi and it wouldn’t be my last.