Happy Birthday Donghyuk

Birthday Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Dong Hyuk

The cute hoobae in the singing club he joined last year. The shy guy with a cute smile and soft features. He  is angel in Yunhyeong’s eyes. He remembered the first time; he greeted Donghyuk, the latter was a stuttering mess. Yunhyeong chuckled at how cute he was. Donghyuk was really shy but Yunhyeong managed to crack his shell. He had lots of fun time with Donghyuk in the club. Sadly, Yunhyeong found another passion which is soccer.

The first time he  played soccer, he was amazed by himself. He done fairly well. Even the coach praised him and asked him if he wanted to join the soccer club. That time Yunhyeong nodded eagerly as he was excited to try a his new passion. So he resigned from the singing club. The look of Donghyuk’s face made him want to take it back but it was too late now. He saw how dejected Donghyuk was. He wanted to console him until he is back to his cheery self. However his feet doesn’t agree with him as he walked out the room and never look back.

The first few months after joining the soccer club was hectic. Yunhyeong was constantly practicing. He became more expert than ever. Thus he was able to participate in the tournaments.

His first tournament was really memorable. He was extremely nervous that he made a few mistakes. His coach had been telling him to calm down and do his best but he can’t until he spotted someone familiar. His eyes widened when he saw it was Donghyuk. Donghyuk was flailing his arms around with pompoms (or was he dancing?). The guy beside him was trying to hide, he was giving Donghyuk a face.

Yunhyeong chuckled but stopped when he heard Donghyuk shouting his name. Donghyuk was cheering for him. He felt his heart hammered against his rib cage. A sudden determination set in Yunhyeong’s mind to win and make Donghyuk proud. He took a deep breath in and played his best.

Their school won. It was a close match but Yunhyeong had goaled at the very last minute making them win. All the players surrounded Yunhyeong, giving him a hug and congratulating him. Yunhyeong was happy but his eyes were searching for someone. When he found that someone, he rushed towards him and jumped on him. Hugging him tightly like a koala.

“Thanks for coming and supporting me, Donghyuk ah,” said Yunhyeong. I miss you.

“Yo-your welcome hyung,” Donghyuk squeaked and returned the hug. He was smiling brightly. I miss you too.

“Yah are you listening?”

“Hmm? Oh yes of course. Continue on please,” Yunhyeong said, snapping out from his daydream. He sighed as he wondered what Donghyuk was doing right now. Yunhyeong was dragged by his friends to god knows where and they had been discussing about something for 30 minutes that made Yunhyeong bored .

“So as I was saying, for Donghyuk’s birthday maybe we should-“

“Wait what. Hyukkie’s birthday?” asked Yunhyeong.

Jinhwan sighed from being interrupted and glared at Yunhyeong. “Didn’t you hear anything we discussed so far?”

“I might have zoned out at the part why we are here today,” Yunhyeong said sheepishly, scratching his head.

‘Pathetic,’ Jinhwan thought.

“We are planning to throw a surprise birthday party for Donghyuk this coming Sunday.”

“Is it this coming Sunday?” exclaimed Yunhyeong. he may or may not forgotten about Donghyuk’s birthday. Don’t blame him as he was constantly busy with practices. It have slipped from his mind. Now he felt extremely bad, he didn’t get any presents for Donghyuk.

Seeing Yunhyeong’s expression is enough to know that Yunhyeong had forgotten.

“You’re ed up,” Jiwon said. Thus earning a slap from Hanbin. Jiwon whined in pain. Nonetheless, Hanbin ignored his boyfriend but nodded in agreement.

“Well, you still have few days to buy him a gift,” Hanbin assured.

“But three days is not enough to buy him the perfect gift,” Yunhyeong groaned and banged his head. Donghyuk will be so dissapointed in him. What if he avoid him after this!? Yunhyeong made some dying noise.

“ You can take him out for a date? Maybe you’ll have an idea what to buy for him.”

Yunhyeong’s head snapped towards Chanwoo who was busy playing his phone. His eyes lit up at the suggestion.

“That’s a great idea! Gomawo Chanwoo!”

“Ugh get off hyung.”

“Thank you! Thank you!”

“Hyunnngg”

Jiwon snickered at Chanwoo’s misery while Hanbin and Jinhwan rolled their eyes.

“Well you better ask him now. Junhoe just texted me, they are on the way,” Jinhwan said. Eyes never left his phone. He was giggling by himself while texting. Probably Junhoe said some cheesy stuff. Ugh that bipolar kid who only shows his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter