Chapter 1

Of crushes and cousins

Jinyoung was never one to boast if he ever got good grades, or perhaps if he went to Los Angeles, or even better, if he met one of the best idols in the world, Girls Generation (don't judge, yes, he is a sone).

 

But then, how can he ever keep it to himself when the hottest jock in his school just talked to him and invited him to his house! Well, technically, they were partners for a science project and he was asked whether he can come over to the former's house to finish the mentioned project. 

 

Nevertheless, it was still a sorta date! To his house. Anyways, here he was. Sitting in the school's cafeteria with his group of friends which consists of youngjae, the lovable and sometimes annoying dongsaeng, and bambam, the adorkable dongsaeng. 

 

"Seriously guys, he like literally asked me out like, 'want to come over to my house'. Then he freaking smiled at me!" Jinyoung exclaimed.

 

"Hyung, calm down. It's just for a science project. Totally not a real date or something. Besides, I'm sure the whole reason he invited you to his house in the first place was to show off his big bungalow. You know how the rumors say that he is such a show off," Youngjae said matter of factly.

 

Jinyoung's mood seemed to turn down at the former's words. True. Maybe Jackson really, just invited him to show off his house to Jinyoung. He heaved a loud sigh. His hopes to impress Jackson had all vanished away. How heartbreaking. He slumped down on his chair and continued eating his homemade mac 'n' cheese.

 

Bambam, who noticed that his hyung's mood had turned sour, immediately felt bad. He nudged Youngjae's shin harshly which made the said person yelp and glare at him.

 

"Jinyoungie hyung, don't worry. Youngjae's just being himself. I'm sure Jackson sunbae really likes you. He even invited you to his house! That means you're someone special to him. You've never seen him inviting people to his place just for fun, right?" Bambam said.

 

At his words, Jinyoung brightened up. A huge smile had replaced the frown that was plastered on his face just minutes ago.

 

"Thanks, Bam. Maybe you're right. How about, if he ever asks me out on a date, I treat you dinner," Jinyoung said, ruffling his dongsaeng's hair.

 

Bambam pumped up his fist in victory, and shot Youngjae a smug look. The latter just rolled his eyes at the younger's action before diving into his delicious meal of fish and chips.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jinyoung could not hold back his blush when Jackson one arm hugged him. It felt like a dream come true! Oh, how he loved the former's manly scent. Okay Jinyoung, stop thinking about those things, he chided himself.

 

When Jackson lets go of him, he almost, note: almost, reached out to hug him back again but stopped himself when he realised that he was going to scare the former away if he did that.

 

"So glad you came. I almost thought you had something going on and couldn't come," Jackson said and gave Jinyoung a knee-weakening smile.

 

"Sorry if I made you worry. I woke up later than usual, probably because I stayed up the whole night just to find the right-" Jinyoung stopped before he could continue further. Stupid him! He was about to tell Jackson how he stayed up all night trying to find the right outfit for today!

 

"I mean, to finish the homework Mrs Kim gave us," he said and returned Jackson's smile with his own shy smile.

 

The latter just nodded in response and even laughed at his last remark. "I feel you, bro. She always gives many of her so-called 'fun' version of homework with many assignments. Ugh. I'm so going to die if not for the cute guy that she paired me up with," he teased.

 

Jinyoung turned beet red at that and was sure Jackson noticed his ever reddening cheeks. He slowly looked at him underneath his long lashes and turned even redder. If that was even possible. Jackson had the nerve to smirk at him! And it widens when he saw jinyoung's apparent blush.

 

"Come on, pretty boy. Let's go to my room to finish this project," Jackson said, opening the door even wider to let him in.

Jinyoung then decided to let the 'pretty boy' comment go when he stepped inside the former's house. 

 

One word. Breathtaking.

 

The minute he stepped in, the sight of a wide living room with a dark mahogany table in the middle of comfy, golden couches and a wide flat screen tv plastered on the wall greeted him. A golden chandelier hung on the ceiling, casting a light glow which made the living room look brighter. The wallpaper was a light yellow, near to golden. 

 

Jinyoung must have looked astonished. He was as if in a trance. A living room trance. He realised that his mouth was hanging open only when he felt a finger on his chin, pushing up lightly to close it. He turned red in embarrassment when Jackson snickered next to him.

 

"I know it's pretty but now we've got a project to do. And besides, we have got to avoid my mom. Once she sees you, believe me you are going to wish you never come here in the first place," he continued, making Jinyoung laugh.

 

"That's no way to talk about your mom but yeah, I get you," the latter responded, thus making both of them double over in laughter.

 

"But seriously, we better hurry before she gets home. Now let's-" he stopped when a distinct sound of a car door slamming was heard outside.

 

"Aand she's back," Jackson groaned before gesturing Jinyoung to hide behind him as a tall, pretty woman who shared the same eye colour as Jackson's-hazelnut- went inside with a black luggage in hand.

 

"Hi mom. What're you doing here right now? I thought you were supposed to be at the company," Jackson greeted the woman while awkwardly trying to prevent her from seeing Jinyoung.

 

The latter, however, knew that the effort was futile. His mom was going to see him one way or another (Like come on, Jinyoung was way taller than Jackson by like two inches).

 

He came out of his 'hiding' and stood beside the former. His mom was currently tsking at his son's obvious way of telling that he was not at all happy to see her right now when she caught the unfamiliar face.

 

"Now who might you be, sweetie?" she asked with a warm smile.

 

"I'm Jinyoung, Mrs Wang. A friend of Jackson," Jinyoung replied and bowed his head as a sign of respect. He expected something like a pat on his head or a nod of acknowledgment but he certainly did not expect his precious cheeks to be squeezed.

 

He must have looked beyond shocked - or maybe a teensy bit scared - because Jackson interrupted before anything worse could happen.

 

"Mom, you're scaring him!" Jackson exclaimed, pulling Jinyoung out of his mother's grip - thankfully. 

 

Jinyoung shot the jock a grateful look before rubbing his aching cheek, to which the former only responded with a look that says 'don't mention it'.

 

"Sorry, it has just been so long since Jackson brought his friends home. He said, and I quote, 'they're too busy with homework and stuff'," Mrs Wang chuckled and shook her head.

 

Jinyoung smiled after hearing her statement, finding the woman before him to be quite a fun mother to live with. However, Jackson had another thought in mind.

 

"Moooom, stop embarrassing me!" Jackson moaned, hiding his face in his hands.

 

Mrs Wang smiled mischievously before feigning a hurt look. "I'm embarrassing you? Oh please, Jackson. Take pity on your mom who had carried you for nine months in my womb. This is how you would repay me?" she said, wiping away fake tears.

 

"Mom!" Jackson exclaimed, not even amused that his friend and mom were laughing their heads off like it was a really funny joke.

 

"Okay, okay. Relax. I'm not going to bother you and your friend. But don't you remember? I came home early to pick your cousin up at the airport. He just came back from America," Mrs Wang said.

 

Jackson looked confused for a moment before realisation dawned upon him. "You mean, Mark hyung?! He just came back?!" Jackson exclaimed.Mrs Wang hit him at the side of his head, which made the latter yelp.

 

"Jackson Wang. Your father and I had reminded you since last week. And I distinctly remember that we had told you to clean your room because you will be sharing with him. Well that is, until we managed to buy another bed for the guest room," she said.

 

Meanwhile, Jinyoung who had just watched the funny interaction between the mother and son, could not help but to eavesdrop a bit on their conversation. Cousin? If Jackson had a cousin staying over, for who knows how long, then that means they could not finish the project today. He did not like to disturb anyone's family time.

 

"Urm, Mrs Wang. I could leave now if you want. I don't want to be a disturbance to anyone here," Jinyoung politely spoke out."Nonsense! We really don't care if you wanted to stay. You could have dinner with us too!" Mrs Wang exclaimed.

 

Upon hearing the invitation, jinyoung found himself shaking his head vigorously. "Never mind, I can just stay to finish the project then go back home. I dislike to dishearten my mother. Who I'm sure was eagerly waiting to have dinner with me," he said. The last few sentences might have sounded a bit too fake. It sounded like a boy who wanted to avoid having dinner with his crush's family.

 

His answer elicited a hearty response from both his crush and his mother. They both burst out laughing, and he could not help but to laugh along with them.

 

"Okay, okay. Enough of this because this is the least of my problems right now. The real problem is why had you arrived early? I thought you should still be at work?" Jackson asked the same thing to Mrs Wang.

 

"Deary, you're the one who's supposed to be deemed as the one who's had hearing problems. I've said earlier, your Mark hyung's coming," Mrs Wang replied, a tone of exasperation in her voice.

 

Jackson nodded his head upon remembering that. "Then, where is he?" he asked, peering his head over his mother's shoulder as of his cousin would pop out out of nowhere. 

 

"He's visiting your father at his work. Then they will go back home together. I think they might be on their way right now," Mrs Wang said, glancing at her wristwatch.

 

"Well then, if that's the case, Jinyoung and I would be at my room. If there's anything, just call me down," Jackson said, before tugging Jinyoung towards the stairs, and all the way to his room.

 

When they were safely locked inside Jackson's room, they both almost simultaneously breathed out sighs of relief. Each for very different reasons.

 

Jackson just felt safe from all the embarrassment caused by his mom. While Jinyoung felt that he could finally escape all the invitations for dinner from Mrs Wang. He could not help but felt guilty whenever people worked way too hard to ask him for anything. And the look on Mrs Wang's face, which is quite similar to disappointment when he rejected the offer, did not help to reduce the guiltiness. At all.

 

"Sorry 'bout my mom just now. She's way too embarrassing. But I've warned you. So don't blame me when you would be forced, literally, to eat dinner with us," Jackson said, the last few words were meant as a joke.

 

Jinyoung gave a shy smile towards the older, which made the latter return it with a grin of his own.

 

"Come on. Let's get to work. It would be just a few hours before my father and cousin arrived. And I'm sure you did not want to disturb our 'family time'," Jackson said. He even had the nerve to tease Jinyoung a little. What a sneak.

 

Jinyoung chuckled before nodding his head, already taking out all the necessary things to be put on Jackson's study table. By the time they both were done, they stood up, 'admiring' their piece of artwork that literally screamed 'this would cause you tons of exhaustion'.

 

As if instinct, they looked at each other and sighed. "Better get this project going. I don't want to suffer any sorts of punishments when we did not finish work on time," Jackson said. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A knock on the door startled both Jackson and Jinyoung who were too focused on doing a few last improvisations on their project.

 

"Come in! Gosh, those people did not even want to give us just a minute," Jackson said, the last few words more to himself.

 

Jinyoung sat up a little straighter from his position on the floor. He certainly did not want to look like an inappropriate person for lying down on the floor in front of his crush's family. He readied himself to speak out his greetings when the words just got stuck in his throat.

 

The person who was standing at the door was a handsome, scratch that, gorgeous creature. His red, flaming hair was slightly tousled in that messy but cute sort of way. His eyes were a deep brown. His slightly tanned skin was flawless. To the point that even Jinyoung felt concious of his own self. The person was wearing a white button down shirt, with a navy blue leather jacket on top. The first few buttons on his shirt were left opened. Leaving Jinyoung to stare at his obviously toned body. The black, ripped skinny jeans completed his whole look, making him look even more than perfect.

 

Jackson's voice brought him back to reality. "Oi, cousin! Long time no see! How you doin'?" Jackson stood up to address this cousin of his, whom Jinyoung distinctly remembered the name to be Mark, and gave him a hug. To which Mark readily responded back.

 

"Just a few changes here and there. But other than that, more than fine," Mark said.

 

Jackson wiggled his eyebrows. "Changes, huh? Did that mean the famous Mark Tuan decided to change his playboy behaviours?" he asked when they had parted.

 

Mark lets out a chuckle, which seemed to send chills running down Jinyoung's spine. Jinyoung who was currently trying to pack up his things as discreetly as possible to avoid destroying the cousins' moment. Jinyoung who had just finished packing up seconds ago and was now standing awkwardly by Jackson's bed, not knowing how to politely intervene the interaction without being too impolite.

 

"Yeaaah. Just a little. Wouldn't want to miss hooking up with pretty girls," Mark said, only half joking. His response made his beloved cousin, aka his partner in crime, laugh out loud.

 

"Just as I thought. Then what do you mean by changes?" Jackson asked.

 

Mark shrugged. " You know, just a few....," his voice trailed off when he noticed another person in this room. The one that was standing beside Jackson's bed while fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

 

"Hey Jacks, mind telling who this lovely person is?" Mark asked, leaning against the wall of the room, eyeing Jinyoung up and down. When he caught the latter's eyes, he could not help but to give out a smirk when Jinyoung blushed.

 

"Yah, stop flirting. He's Park Jinyoung. A friend of mine. We're partners for a project. That was why he came here. To finish this project. And we were just about to do that when you interrupted us!" Jackson exclaimed, jutting out his lower lip in an attempt to look like a cute puppy.

 

His cousin faked a gag when he saw the look Jackson was attempting to make. "Stop that! It doesn't suit you at all," Mark said.

 

Jackson grinned. "Well, that's what you get for trying to flirt with my friend,"he said, sauntering to Jinyoung and immediately pulled the latter behind him, as if to protect Jinyoung from Mark.

 

Mark rolled his eyes at Jackson's childish actions, all the while keeping an eye on a certain Park Jinyoung. 

 

"Too bad then. I was going to offer a date tomorrow at the park. Maybe we could eat ice cream, or-"

 

"Come on, Jinyoung, don't bother him. He's just being an idiot, like always," Jackson said, and pulled Jinyoung towards the door.

 

"J-Jackson, what about t-the project?" The latter asked, whilst trying to keep himself from falling over the stairs when Jackson dragged him.

 

"Come here at 10 am tomorrow," was Jackson's reply to the younger's question. He was just too busy trying to prevent his mom from inviting Jinyoung for dinner and thus, embarrassing him even further.

 

Mark, who had been following the two down the stairs, crossed his arms and shook his head at his cousin's obvious behaviour.

 

"Too late," Mark said, eyeing Jackson who was frantically tying up his sneakers. The latter looked up with a raised eyebrow.

 

"Too late," Mark repeated, gesturing to Mrs Wang who was standing at the kitchen doorway with hands on her hips.

 

"H-hi, mom! I was just sending Jinyoung to his house. He was apparently too late, and it's now way past his curfew. So if you don't mind, jinyoung and I will have to go now soooo..," Jackson said, already pulling Jinyoung towards the entrance.

 

"Wang Jackson, stop right there before I cut your monthly expenses to buy snapbacks," Mrs Wang threatened.

 

At that, Jackson stopped right in his tracks and turned to shoot a disbelieving look to his mother. Whom, in his opinion, was being too harsh on him.

 

"Mom! That's not fair! I was just being a kind friend as to avoid Jinyoung to be scolded by his mom for being too late!" Jackson protested, crossing his arms and stomping his foot on the gleaming, white floor like a child.

 

Mrs Wang ignored his son and gave Jinyoung a motherly smile. "You wouldn't mind, would you? It is getting late right now and if you were to walk home alone, something might happen. You could call your mother. I'm sure she'll understand," she said.

 

For a moment, Jinyoung considered his options. He could decline the offer and go hime right now while it's still not late. But then, the way Mrs Wang really wanted him to stay for dinner made him feel a littke bit guilty. 

 

In the end, he decided to just stay for dinner. What could go wrong right? He was sure his mother would not mind. 

 

"Okay, I'll stay for dinner," he finally said.

 

Mrs Wang's face seemed to brighten when she heard his answer. "Now, you kids go up to Jackson's room while I cook. I'll call you down later," she said before trotting happily towards the kitchen.

 

"And there goes my mom. Jinyoung, just be prepared to face whatever stories that she might want to tell you later on. And, don't ever believe her if she told you that I almost cried when she didn't take me for the hello kitty concert when I was little. I tell you, that is a total lie," Jackson said, before gesturing both Mark and him to follow him upstairs, all the while grumbling about inconsiderate mothers.

 

Jinyoung had to suppress the urge to chuckle at his crush's action. Really, how could he fall for a childish, yet manly and handsome person?

 

He was so into his thoughts about Jackson and his cute little quirks that he did not realise a certain someone was walking towards him like a predator would to his prey.

 

"Glad you stayed for dinner, cutie. Can't wait to know more 'bout you," Mark whispered to Jinyoung's ear, hot breath fanning over the latter's neck, making hin shiver slightly.

 

Jinyoung turned red upon hearing that. He did not even realise that Mark was still there with him. And since when did he manage to be so close to me? He thought to himself.

 

Mark smirked when he saw how a deep pink hue settled itself on Park Jinyoung's cheeks. He fought the urge to carress his face, wanting to see if his cheeks were as soft as it looked.

 

"Hey, you guys okay down there?" Jackson's voice seemed to manage to break Jinyoung and Mark apart.

 

Jinyoung rubbed his neck sheepishly, looking down to the floor the whole time. He could not believe what just happened. How could he let his guard down? Mark was inches away from his face and if he had just looked up, their lips would be touching. Ugh. Stupid Jinyoung.

 

Mark, however, was not the slightest bit embarrased about what just happened. In fact, he was looking forward to the, hopefully, many more encounters with this Park Jinyoung guy.

 

________________________________________

 

A/N: Hi guys! I'm quite surprised that I already had subscribers.. Thanks to all of those who even click on this crappy fic.. Anw, here's the first chap! As a present to all of u! Hope u guys love it and do leave comments! They were definitely appreciated~

-ELF154ever