Great Friends

Friendly-hate?

Everything was coming along fine for Jongdae until...

"Oh my gosh my mom's gonna kill me!"

Baekhyun looks at her. "Why?"

"Remember when I told you we're going out for dinner later? She's telling me to go home now!" She exclaims.

"Right now?" Zitao asks. "We're having such a good time."

"I know, I'm so sorry guys. This is kind of urgent." Jongdae tells them.

"Why don't you tell Yifan?" Kyungsoo pipes in.

They all look at Yifan, whose currently waiting outside.

"Didn't he say he'll be meeting a friend?" Zitao says.

"Friend?!" Jongdae bursts.

"Relax, it's just a friend." Zitao teases.

"Yeah, no need for you to be jealous." Chanyeol chides.

"I'm not jealous!" she protests.

The nerve of that jerk! He agreed to accomodate Jongdae and her friends and he goes off inviting his own friends? How insensitive can he be?

Jongdae's definitely not jealous, she's seething. Her anxiety about leaving isn't exactly helping, and Luhan starts to notice.

"Jongdae," She gets her attention. "Scratch your elbow like this to decrease your uneasiness."

Jongdae mimicks  Luhan's actions and tries hard to calm herself down.

"Can't you tell your mom we have to stay longer for a little bit?" Luhan asks.

Jongdae shrugs. Their source of transportation is Yifan, and aside from him, there's no one that's quite familiar with the place they're in.

Jongdae follows Luhan's advice and begged her mom for a few more moments. Meanwhile, Yifan's friend has arrived and they're entering the restaurant. Jongdae doesn't know what to feel when she saw him entering with a gorgeous woman. Bitterness? Frustration? Is she even allowed to feel those things? If she let herself surrender to such emotions, it will be like admitting everyone's childish teasings. So, she swallowed her bubbling wrath against Yifan and smiled warmly at the girl.

"Guys, this is Hye Jin. Hyejin, that's Jongdae, Luhan, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Zitao and Chanyeol." Yifan introduces.

Her smile is too angelic for Jongdae, and the latter feels sincerely bad that she has to cut their time shorter. When the two sat in a seperate table, Jongdae just wanted to hit her head on the table. They're surely going to take some time.
Her friends are constantly trying to cheer her up, taking her mind off her mom, but her anxiety increases as the texts get angrier. She busies herself on the leftover steak that they ate no more than 10 minutes ago, and watches Transformers that's playing on the restaurant's TV. Jongdae has a very short patience, and she's so close to bursting. Her friends are all texting Yifan, telling him that they need to go as soon as possible, but the other tells them to spare Hyejin a few more minutes.

"Fine, let's give them a moment." Zitao announces, standing up.

Jongdae has never loved Zitao that much. She runs over to him and hooks and arm around his own. They all turned to leave, passing Yifan's table while doing so.

"You're leaving?" He asks.

"Yep." Baekhyun replies sarcastically.

Jongdae ignored him. She found absolutely no reason to answer him.

"It's okay Jongdae, I know you're hurting." Chanyeol teases.

Jongdae sighs. This isn't funny.

"Stop it," Luhan tells them. "Jongdae looks like she's going to have a panic attack right here."

Baekhyun encircles her arms around her best friend. "Everything's going to be fine."

"I texted Yifan." Zitao says.

"What did you say?"

Zitao smiles mischievously at them. "'Don't you know how to understand someone's feelings? Can't you see I'm hurting?' I wrote that under your name." he tells Jongdae.

"You what?!" Jongdae shrieks. She hits Zitao with the back of her hand. "Waeeeeeee. Why is this happening to me? What did I do that was so wrong?"

Kyungsoo lets out a  laugh. "At least that would solve the problem."

"Let's head over to the car while waiting." Baekhyun suggests.

"Oh! He replied!" Zitao says excitedly.

Jongdae lifts her hand in front of him. "Don't. I don't want to hear it."

"He said 'HAHAHAHA'."

"Oh my gosh he's going to believe you!" Jongdae grumbles under her breath. "That incessant jerk, so full of himself."

"Calm down, Jongdae." Chanyeol tells her.

She chuckles sarcastically. They climb in when they reach the vehicle. They waited for a few more minutes until Yifan finally came. And Jongdae is in deep, deep trouble with her mom.

"Finally." She can't help but blurt out.

They politely wave goodbye to Hye Jin before thay finally set off.

"Jongdae is so close to passing out." Chanyeol tells Yifan.

"She really has to be with her family now." Baekhyun explains.

"I shouldn't have agreed to come, right?" Jongdae asks as a joke.

"Maybe you shouldn't have." Yifan answers.

Wow the nerve.

Jongdae huffs. "That's right. Be like that."

Yifan chuckles indignantly. "What? Now it's me?"

Jongdae was three seconds away from throwing her bag over his head to get some sense out his full blown head. Thanks and no thanks to Zitao who interrupted them with teasing.

"There, you sound like a married couple. Go on, proceed."

"This is entertaining." Chanyeol comments.

Not wanting to provide more ' entertainment' for her cruel friends, Jongdae chose to keep her silence during the majority of the ride. Only answering when necessary, no one even noticed that she's not in the mood. When they're nearing their destination, everyone talks about taking a stroll in the mall.

"Are you joining us, Yifan?" Luhan asks.

"I can't."

Jongdae drops a meaningful comment that everyone chose to ignore in fear of ruining the moment.

"Don't worry I won't be there to hold you up." she says in a light tone, masking the hurt with her pretense.

"Is that so? Then I'll be coming." Yifan jokes.

Jongdae laughs again. Jerk. . Airhead. Those are just few of the names Jongdae has acquired for the older. She soaks on the privilege of being able to call him that in her head.

When she steps down the vehicle, she kindly thanks the driver and skips the part where she has to thank Yifan too. She didn't waste any effort to look back and went on her way, wishing her friends a Merry Christmas.

She thought that her friendly-hate relationship with Yifan would actually work, but she's starting to regret that assumption. As she made her way to her sister, murderous  thoughts of Yifan creeping on her mind, she realizes that she would have to take the pretentious 'friendly' out of the title.