Accident

A Small Mistake

He had just gotten back from school when he received a call from his friend Kai, telling him to check Instagram as fast as he can. Of course, Taemin being as gullible as he is and not noticing the mischievousness in his voice, did what he was told and now he had had his jaw open for around 10 minutes.

 

There on Instagram, his crush had posted a picture at the gym, and Taemin kept staring at his abs to the point that he was drooling; how can someone possibly have an eight pack, he swore those only existed in the anime’s he watched (and he had watched plenty). 

He clicked on his profile, careful of not accidentally liking anything since his hands would sometimes play jokes on him and leave him like a fool (if you asked him who dropped the glue on his teacher's chair, it wasn't him). He kept scrolling, wondering how Choi Minho managed to be the epitome of perfection: there were pictures of him with his best friends Jonghyun and Jinki, even with a girl called Sooyoung (who Taemin secretly despised even when Sooyoung was anything but nice with him, offering him cupcakes every time she baked which he bitterly accepted and blamed his weakness when it came to sweets) and a few couple of selcas which made him squeal because Minho was so cute.

 

In the moment, Taemin didn’t even realize he had liked a photo since he was so distracted talking to himself about how completely adorable and cute Minho was and wow when did his hair get that short, that when he looked down on the screen and saw the red heart at the bottom of the picture, his face lost all color and he stopped smiling. He quickly unliked the photo and started wedging his options: one was he could into hiding and book an airplane ticket to Japan, he already knew basic Japanese and his aunt lived there and surely she would receive him with open arms, he was her favorite nephew after all. Or he could play it cool, why would Minho notice it anyway? He had over 100 likes in every picture, and even if Minho knew Taemin (they talked once, Taemin has mentioned it to Kai over fifteen times) he considered his username to be very clever: “luxurltm”, no one would know it was him except his friends. After he had calmed his breathing and the color returned to his face, he blocked his phone and lied down on his bed, praying that Minho won’t take notice of it.

 

Of course, luck wasn’t on Taemin’s side and he received two notifications, saying someone liked and commented on one of his pictures. If Taemin hadn’t been breathing properly before, now he couldn’t breathe at all. Minho, the Choi Minho, his crush for the past year, liked one of his pictures, his latest picture exactly where he was in cat make-up with the lamest caption ever that read “Hey! I’m that cool cat meow” that until now only had two likes (actually three, them being Kai, Kibum and his mom but he didn’t count his mom, he still wondered how his mom found his instagram account anyway) and now were four with Minho, and to top it all with a comment that made his heart speed up so much he swore it was going to catapult out of his chest:

 

“probs the cutest cat i’ve ever seen in my life”

 

And to add to his shock Minho now followed him, and kept liking his pictures (the notifications should have annoyed him, but he was far from being anywhere but complete bliss). By then, Taemin was blushing and smiling so hard his cheeks hurt, and with trembling fingers he called Kai and screamed at him, for Kai’s dismay, how the most embarrassing mistake ever turned out to be the happiest moment of his life to date (which would be replaced a week later by Minho asking him on a date).

 


         

tbh I tried no one can judge me. I had no idea what to write when I mentioned that Minho wrote a comment…I hope it isn’t as cringe worthy as I think it is. Anyway this is the pic that Taemin posted that he had cat make-up (https://40.media.tumblr.com/b1fcc6b964f90e8861c68045fc4c751c/tumblr_o0b9z0rZDy1us99ego1_540.jpg)

sorry if there any mistakes or if it's very fast paced, i wrote it in 40 minutes and i dont usually write with a plot so i hope it's at least acceptable : )