A New Friend

Mirror, Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun peeked through slitted eyes, his screams still ringing in his ears, the stick raised high over his head and saw the image in the mirror. It was the exact same image except for one thing, the person in the mirror was a girl. Both had slightly turned faces, one eye closed and the other partially open; both had their arms up in the air carrying a stick and both had their mouths open in a scream. But one had long dark hair and was wearing a dress. Nichkhun looked down, wanting to make sure he was still in his jeans and t-shirt. He was relieved to see that he was, at least there was that. 

Nichkhun looked in the mirror again, he had long ago stopped screaming but the little girl in the mirror obviously still was. He waited patiently for her to stop; he didn't know why he wasn't running away or why he was so calm. He couldn't figure out why he wasn't nervous or scared; there was a girl in a mirror! All he knew was that he was curious as to why she was there. 

After a few more seconds, the girl calmed down enough to close , put her arms down and looked at him through the glass. A few more seconds passed as they scrutinized each other. The little girl had her hair pulled back with a headband and was wearing a blue dress which ended right above her knees. Almond-shaped eyes peered at him through black round-rimmed glasses which were perched on the bridge of her nose. He looked past her and could see that she was probably in an attic as well, but was a lot cleaner and more organized. Curiously and cautiously, he held his hand up and gave a slight wave.

The girl tilted her head an inch and returned the gesture. Awkwardlythey stared at each other, neither one walking away or even scared to see a figure in a mirror. Nichkhun waved again but this time accompanied it with the spoken word. The girl did the same. They both heard nothing. Nichkhun did it again. Nothing, no sound came out of the mirror which was curiously a contrast to the whispers he had heard earlier.

He looked around and rememberd seeing a bunch of old coloring books and crayons in the same box as the comic books. He gestured to the little girl to wait before getting up to fetch it. Once he sat down again, he wrote on a piece of paper.

"Dai yin seang krasip mai?"

The little girl looked at him curiously and slowly shook her head in confusion. Nichkhun tried again in English.

"Did you hear a whisper?"

The little girl read the questio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter