Part 2: An Introduction

Just Talk to Me

In this fic Wonshik is the same age as Hakyeon, just so you know.

Trigger warning: mentions of suicide.


Part 2: An Introduction (to a friend).

 

“Why do you always float around in the bathroom?” Hakyeon asks one day.

He’s trying to make his resume look more impressive since he still hadn’t gotten full time job after four months, but he’s not having much success.

Sanghyuk bites his lip, unsure if he should tell Hakyeon the real reason. In the end he decides to because Hakyeon had never given him a reason not to tell the truth before.

“That’s where I died, it’s where I feel most comfortable for whatever reason.”

Hakyeon looks up from his laptop with a soft smile. “Sorry for asking.”

“It’s okay. I mean, I don’t mind talking about it. How I died, I mean.”

Until now Hakyeon has kept that particular question to himself, thinking it too insensitive to ask. But now that Sanghyuk was offering, and truly did look okay with it, he was curious.

“How did you die?”

In horror moves ghosts often had their cause of death visible on them, Sanghyuk did not. He just looked like a normal, faded man.

 “I killed myself,” the ghost states bluntly.

The look on Hakyeon’s face makes it obvious that he hadn’t expected that. He’d thought maybe Sanghyuk had died from an illness or an accident of some sort, he hadn’t even considered that Sanghyuk had killed himself.

“Can I ask why?” Hakyeon inquires hesitantly.

“I was failing uni and having trouble paying my rent… and my boyfriend had died. I just couldn’t deal with it all and suicide seemed like the right thing at the time.”

“That’s horrible,” Hakyeon says sadly.

He wishes he could hug Sanghyuk or something but they both knew that Sanghyuk went through people. Sanghyuk smiles at Hakyeon to show he knows what Hakyeon wants and appreciates it.

 

“You look really hot in a suit,” Sanghyuk grins, eyeing Hakyeon.

Hakyeon grins, looking at himself in the mirror. “Don’t I?”

“What time is your interview?”

“Not until two-thirty. I’m going to have lunch with Wonshik first though.”

“Is he that weirdo drunk that came to the door a few weeks ago?”

If Sanghyuk had been corporeal he definitely would have gotten hit, instead Hakyeon just scoffs and rolls his eyes. “He’s not a ‘weirdo drunk’,” Hakyeon states. “He was just drunk.”

It’s Sanghyuk’s turn to roll his eyes. “Uh huh, sure,” the ghost flatly. “And that’s why he kept calling you ‘Cha-Booty’.”

Hakyeon groans because it wasn’t the first time that had happened. Wonshik had a serious problem, if he was drunk and he saw the Cha-Booty then he would grab the Cha-Booty. No exceptions.

Sanghyuk is still laughing about it when Hakyeon leaves the apartment.

 

After sitting on the couch doing exactly nothing for an entire week Hakyeon is really glad to finally get the phone call that would decide whether he’d spend the next week being a productive member of society or applying for more jobs.

Sanghyuk watches from the ceiling as Hakyeon talks on the phone, watching the man’s face light up within seconds of answering. He watches Hakyeon struggle to keep his voice calm for the rest of the call before finally hanging up after getting the details he needed.

“I got a job!” Hakyeon yells.

Sanghyuk laughs and cheers half-heartedly. He was happy that Hakyeon now had a full-time job, but it would just mean he wasn’t here as much.

“Congratulations,” he says.

Hakyeon grins and jumps up and down – no doubt angering the person that lives in the apartment under theirs.

“Thanks!”

 

Wonshik can’t help the giant smile that breaks out on his face when Hakyeon comes over to his house for the first time in ages. “Just because you have a job now doesn’t mean you get to ditch us poor uni students.”

Hakyeon laughs and follows Wonshik into his house, waving briefly at his parents as they walk past. “That’s what you get for doing a four year course.”

Wonshik ignores the jab and leads Hakyeon into his bedroom, picking up the drink he’d left on his desk as Hakyeon throws himself down on the bed.

“What have you been up to anyway?” Wonshik asks, taking the chair but throwing his feet up on the bed.

“Nothing much, just busy with work. You?”

“School mostly. I did get offered a management position at work but they want me to do all this training I don’t have time to do.”

Hakyeon laughs. “As if you could be a manager. You’d never get away with taking naps in the break room if you were.”

Wonshik crosses his arms over his chest but he’s still smiling. “Right?”

Hakyeon settles down into Wonshik’s bed with a sigh. Wonshik rolls his eyes at Hakyeon’s bad habit of napping in his bed and turns back to his computer.

“I have a ghost,” Hakyeon blurts ten minutes later.

Wonshik pauses with his drink halfway to his mouth to give Hakyeon a sanity-questioning look. “Your spirit has left your body and is now haunting someone?”

“Not my ghost,” the older man states in annoyance. “I mean that my apartment has a ghost.”

“Oh.”

Hakyeon waits for Wonshik to say more but after almost a full minute of silence he sits up and scoots closer to the other man. “Well? What do you think?”

“I think you’ve been on the hard drugs for too long.” Wonshik replies before chuckling.

Hakyeon tuts and smacks the other man. “I’m serious.”

Hakyeon’s tone is enough to sober Wonshik up. “Wait, really?”

Really.”

That’s the reason you haven’t let me over in five months?!”

“Yes.”

Wonshik puts his drink down. “No way.”

“Seriously.”

It takes another five minutes of ‘no way’s and ‘you’re joking’s before Wonshik finally asks, “Can I come see it?”

“Him,” Hakyeon supplies instantly.

“Okay then, him. Can I come see him?”

“I don’t see why not, just don’t do anything weird.”

 

The first thing Wonshik does is weird, sticking his arm right through Sanghyuk’s chest before Hakyeon can even introduce them to each other. The ghost gasps in offense, makes a really rude gesture to Wonshik, and then disappears into the wall.

“Well, that went well,” Hakyeon comments, only a little snarky.

“What?!” Wonshik demands. “How was I supposed to know that was rude?!”

“How would you like it if I put my arm through your chest?!” Sanghyuk screams from inside the wall.

Hakyeon is really glad Sanghyuk can only be heard inside the apartment. Even with the front door open Sanghyuk’s voice can’t be heard outside.

“He’s got a really good point,” Hakyeon points out.

Wonshik pouts. “So you’re taking his side?”

“Oh my god,” Hakyeon mutters, realizing that he’s surrounded by five year olds. “Apologise!”

Wonshik pulls a face exactly like a five year old would. “Fine,” he grumbles.

Sanghyuk’s face appears from the wall, making the face the youngest sibling does when the parents take their side against the older siblings. “Go on then.”

Wonshik rolls his eyes. “Sorry.”

“You didn’t even mean that.”

“Both of you stop it right now,” Hakyeon growls.

“Why should we?” the both say.

“I guess you don’t ever want to watch TV ever again, Sanghyuk.”

It was a low blow, considering it was literally the only thing Sanghyuk could do.

“And I guess you, Wonshik, don’t want your birthday present.”

Wonshik’s mouth falls open. “You said you didn’t get me anything.”

Hakyeon smacks him. “Of course I got you something! It’s just arriving late!”

The five year olds pout. “Sorry, Hakyeon,” they say.

“Good. Now introduce yourselves properly.”


This fic has multiple endings so you can just read the ones you want. 

Options are:
Part 3: The Tragedy Ending. Primarily Chasang with minor Navi. Literally tragedy, trigger warnings and all. [Rated M]
Part 4: The Friendship Ending. Happy Ending for everyone if you stop reading when I warn you to. If you don't then it's a sad ending.
Part 5: The Navi Ending. Primarily Navi with some Chasang. Kind of happy, I guess. Unless you read the last tiny bit, and then it's sad.

Basically there are no real happy endings (just like in life (I am sorry)).