1/1

I Think I saw Love

Every now and then, Luhan envisions how he would ask Minseok to marry him over and over in his head. This has really been bothering him for some days. So he decided to make his feelings known for Minseok. As he imagine his self on one knee at a restaurant or at their condo unit, a ring box on his hand, asking Minseok the most crucial question that will change his future, Will you marry me?

 

He wanted the proposal to be perfect as he paces around the hallway of the nurse station of the hospital he is currently working, thinking of possibly way to propose dearly. He looks straight and frowns, and suddenly his body feels awkward, but he wipes the frown off his face.

 

*♡*

Minseok is busy writing a drug prescription at the nurse station when Luhan sees him.

 

In and around the nurse’s station there are various carts and baskets of testing equipment, blood draw vials, and other machines. There are five nurses and two personnel actively manning the station doing whatever their tasks are. There are other three doctors, along with Minseok, who are writing up orders or evaluating something about their patients, deciding what to do next or whatever. As well as patient’s watchers near the station.

 

Luhan is wearing his white coat, a stethoscope hanging around his neck, and inside his pocket is a special small red box. His face rolls onto his back with a frustrated sigh. The bags under his eyes are quite a delectable shade of gray; hair a bit messy, one eye is falling asleep. He walks slowly and stands beside Minseok. 

 

 

 “Hi?” Luhan greets casually, moving to wipe his hands on his white coat because he is nervous as hell. And seriously, Luhan wants to punch himself. For God’s sake Minseok is his boyfriend and there is nothing to be nervous about. Calm down Han, he reminds his self quietly.

 

Minseok looks onto his side to face Luhan, smiling dearly. “Oh hi. early rounds?” He looks back on the medical records and drug prescriptions and continues to write. “You look weary and distress and ugly?”

 

“Yes?” Luhan says sadly. And he continues sarcastically, “Thank you. You must be proud of that.”

 

“It’s a compliment, darling. I love you for that. You know that.”

 

“Acknowledged.” Luhan can feel his nerves tingling like being tickled with a small feather. “Thank you and I will consider the source of that love.”

 

Minseok smiles and throws his arms around Luhan. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” He says still smiling. “You look great. You look great every second.”

 

Luhan grins and then sets about picking up the array of confidence on the floor. “Hey Minseok?” 

 

 “Mmm?” Minseok hums as he finishes writing the drug prescription.

 

“Minseok, what do you think about us getting married?” He asks out of nowhere. “Hmmm. I'm just asking. No big deal. I mean how about we get married already. Okay. I’m weird I know.” Despite the full air-conditioning he is sweating like crazy, as he tries to deal with his nerves.

 

Minseok smirks, turning his head towards Luhan again, butterflies flitting in his stomach. “Only if you ask me in a ridiculously big way in public,” he laughs softly, “Cause I could never say no to that especially if you will propose right now with a ring?” He is joking, but Luhan is taking it seriously. Suddenly, Luhan is ready to propose right now at the nurse station with more than fifteen people watching.

 

“Minseok?” Luhan swallows down the lump of anxiety in his throat. It's now or never, he thought.

 

Minseok looks into his eyes and notices Luhan is quite trembling. “What's wrong?” He asks him sincerely, seeing the nervousness in his eyes.

 

Luhan did not answer Minseok for a few seconds. He just stares straight at Minseok’s beautiful face, taking everything in. His seductive eyes. His red lips. His cute nose. His adorable cheeks. His silky straight hair. His sweet and charming face. He reminds him of a cute kitten that you want to keep and protect forever. Which is why he is planning on keeping him for the rest of his life. Because Minseok is his and he belongs to Minseok.

 

“Will you marry me?” Luhan asks confidently.

 

Minseok face goes blank and stutters. “Wha-at?”

 

Luhan tries to stay calm as he reaches into his pocket. He nervously glances around the station, people are staring at them, before falling to one knee and pulling out the small red box from his coat, and opens the box to present him with the ring. “Kim Minseok, will you marry me?”

 

Minseok just stands there gaping as he hears few people cheering on the crowd. Oh God. Everyone in the nurse station is happily cheering. Oh Jesus, oh sweet baby Jesus. Is this for real?

 

His imagination goes over board as he sees thousands of rose red petals floating into the air. And he is snap by reality when Luhan squeezes his hand and when he looks down Luhan’s dazed face appears.

 

Luhan is grinning like a maniac as the crowd keeps on cheering, intently watching them to see him kneel onto one knee with an open box, revealing a shiny silver band.

 

“Minseok, I love you. I have never felt this way. You are the most amazing person that ever happened to me and for the first time in my life, I feel loved and happy. With you everything came easy. So many times we all hear the same advice, 'you will know when the person you have in front of you is right for you'. It’s funny because I seriously didn’t believe it. It’s impossible to imagine how that can even be possible ... but it’s true, something happens in a flash of a moment, when your mind is unable to take over and your whole body just lets you know that it is you. It is you Minseok. You are the right person for me. I feel that we understand each other very well and are very compatible. I can foresee how lovely each day will be waking up with the one I love next to me. I’ve been looking for this opportunity. I’ve been waiting for this for the longest time. So will you do the honor of marrying me?” He is kneeling there with hopeful eyes and his cheeks tinged pink from anxiety.

 

On the other hand, Minseok is just standing there, mouth open like a gaping fish and he can’t find his voice. Oh no, he can’t find his voice. He wanted to say yes, but it is like his voice box had disappeared from Luhan’s abrupt wedding proposal. 

 

After few minutes of trying to clear his voice, he did the next best yes, he lunges for Luhan and smashes his mouth to his until he felt his voice come back. As the crowd roars and cheers and things that sounded like fireworks explode and cute little hearts starting to float in the air, Minseok leans back and says, “Yes you ing idiot. Yes. How dare you propose right now. I am not ready, nevertheless, yes, I love you and I want to marry you and…”

 

Luhan cut him off as he grabs Minseok’s face and leans to kiss the living hell out of his beautiful boyfriend. “You said yes, right?”

 

“Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes!”

 

The cheers that filled the station are immense. Minseok focuses on Luhan’s steady gaze for a few moments before he saw the other man’s eyes soften into a smile. He pulls Luhan up close and kisses him again.

 

The small crowd cheers louder when Luhan steps back and puts the ring on Minseok’s finger. Minseok pulls him close again, burying his face in Luhan’s shoulder as he says, “This is a misdemeanor crime ‘for stealing my heart, conspiracy, and burglary’ be prepared to pay the charges.”

 

Luhan moves back a little to face Minseok, his eyebrows rise as he stares at Minseok. After a moment, a tiny smirk appears on his face. “I’m guilty and I am willing to pay my body and soul to you.”

 

--

A/N: This fic is purely inspired by this Fanmade Music Video (Before the wedding bells) I hope you guys like it. xoxo Happy New Year again. ;>