For Real

Blind [One-shot]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. The roles they play do not portray who they are in real life

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The night sky was an ocean of stars that twinkled brightly. On a bench overlooking acres and acres of a rice field sat Jay who stared at the sky with awe. About a meter away from him sat Jungmo.


"Doesn't the sky look beautiful tonight?" Jay asked. His mesmerizing brown eyes grew wide with amazement as he continuously stared at the starry sky.


Jungmo did not reply. He just gave Jay an icy glare and looked away.


Jay noticed his bandmate's unusual silence. He looked at Jungmo with concern. "You okay?"


Jay received another glare from Jungmo as a response. Jungmo got up and stomped away. He was furious - so damn furious all because of Jay.


"Jungmo! Wait up!" Jay chased after him. Jungmo stopped in his tracks, turned around, and collared Jay with one hand while the other one was formed into a fist inches away from Jay's face.


"What the hell is your problem, man?" Jay said. He had never seen Jungmo this angry. And never had Jungmo ever collared him and aimed his fist at him.

"You're my problem!" Jungmo shouted.  Jay realized that he must have done something seriously wrong to get Jungmo this mad. Jay threw his hands up in defeat.


"Look, if you're mad because I messed up in our last performance of Blind-"


"That's exactly what you are, Jay! You're ing BLIND! How can you not possibly see how much it kills me every time you flirt around with Heechul? You've always been all about him ever since he kissed you and slept on the same bed with you in Band of Brothers. You're always texting him - calling him - and talking all about him! How the hell can you not see that... I love - "


Jay cut off Jungmo by cupping his cheeks and kissing him straight on the lips. Jungmo's eyes turned wide with shock. His grip on Jay's shirt loosened and his eyes fluttered to a close as he surrendered to Jay's gentle kiss. They stayed like that for a while: Jungmo savoring Jay's soft lips and Jay wrapping his arms around Jungmo.


"You've been quite blind too, y'know," Jay said after pulling away. "How could you not see that I was just asking Heechul for help? I just didn't know how to confess to you.


"I love you, Jungmo. I love you very very much," Jay whispered into Jungmo’s ear.


"And what about that kiss with Heechul?" Jungmo asked.


"Oh, that?" Jay answered. "That was just for the camera. But this," he kissed Jungmo again, "is for real."