One too many

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe- All Mine! and One too many!

Summary: a birthday that is full of surprises as a present of three kids to their mother. (lol! Sorry, I’m not good at making summary~)
'
A/N: Yoi!! I’m back with another Fam-fic (family oriented fics) dedicated to my tamashii shimai  . For those who’ve read Eeny meeny miney moe, You might find this kind of like a continuation and at the same time it isn’t cause if you pay attention to details, there are some parts that didn’t match with the first fic, either way, it’s still related, just with more characters now. (o.O? yeah, I know right? More daddies! :D) I started this in the middle of May and rewrote this many times~ Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. ^^♥ 

Characters: (too many to mention :D)
Genre: Fluff
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Only the plot do I own. It’s only a story from my own imagination so onegai~
Warning: Un-betaed

 
 It was a sunny morning as three kids, one girl and two boys, fussed about going to and fro the house and the front yard where a pavilion is situated, all the while carrying various things.

               He, on the other side, had been watching them with both curiosity and fascination from is balcony. He was just greeting the morning with some light exercise when he spotted the three kids.

               He decided to lend a hand when he heard them talking about carrying a heavy-looking table next. He started making his way over next door.

              “Hi!” a voice stopped the kids’ activity as they turned to see where it came from. They found the guy who lives in the house beside theirs. He was standing a few feet from them with a wide grin plastered on his face.

             Conversely, the three children ha also been interested in their neighbor’s personality since they too, had been at times, watching him especially whenever he plays with some animals he brings home from work. They had even laughed secretly, amused at his foolishness in some instances but they haven’t had the chance to talk to him personally nor do they know his name though the guy practically greets them energetically whenever he passes by. This time though, it didn’t seem like he’s just gonna pass by.

              “Hi.” He repeated. “I live next door, well, you probably know that. Um, I was just wondering whether you needed some help.” He offered, unable to say how he’d eavesdropped on them.

              “Sorry, Mom told us not to speak to strangers.” He girl, who seems to be the eldest, spoke with scrutinizing eyes.

              “But noona, the table is really heavy, Miss Pandora isn’t here yet and I’m getting tired already.” The older boy of the two interrupted, eyeing the stranger as well.

              “It’s precisely that, why we can’t trust him, Miss Pandora isn’t here, we’re tired and---” the girl protested when the youngest tugged at her shirt.

              “My arms hurt.” He complained, showing his skinny arms up for his big sister to see.

              “Ano, I swear I’m not a bad person.” The guy tried to convince her.

              “That’s what they all say. Who in the world would admit that they’re a bad guy?” the girl retorted.

              “Good point.” The guy admitted, rather amused. “Okay, how about this, I will only help you on the things outside your house, I won’t ever go inside, you can count on that.” he doesn't know why he’s trying so hard to gain their trust but trust is important to him and he really wants to help especially after hearing the distressed little one.

      “I think we can trust him, noona.” The older boy said after a thought.

       “Animals trust him too.” The youngest chimed in.

       The eldest pondered for a while, looking at her brothers. The two boys and the guy held their breath as they waited for her answer.

         “Alright, we do need some help…” she decided and the three smiled triumphantly. “But…” she continued and the three froze, “like you said, you will not, under any circumstance, enter our house.” She finished articulately.

       “You have my word on that.” The guy raised his right hand for emphasis and the girl nodded. “By the way, you can call me Masaki-nii, please to meet you!” He extended his hand. “What’re your names?”

         Upon hearing his name, he noticed the kids’ somewhat choked on their laughter. He didn’t dwell on it for long though. He was glad that they decided to trust him or at least accept his help.

         “Chiharu.” The girl took his hand reluctantly,

         “Karam.” Her brother followed, taking his hand.

          “I’m Yogeun.” The youngest smiled then whispered to him as they shook hands, “Do you still have that spotted puppy in your house?”

          “No, sorry, the little guy’s back at the pet shop.” Masaki replied, then upon seeing the crestfallen boy, he added, “but you can visit him whenever you want. He’s a really energetic one, he’d be happy to play with you.” He winked at the boy who immediately cheered up.

         Overhearing them, Karam chimed in, “How about that monkey?”


       “Enough chatting, we still have tons to do.” Chiharu cut in.
       “Yes, ma’am.” The three replied promptly.

        Masaki was not surprised anymore how the kids found out about the animals, knowing how he was as a kid himself; he wasn’t hiding the animals either.

        “Well then, Masaki-nii, please carry that table over there to that pavilion over there.” Chiharu pointed accordingly.

       “Roger that.” Masaki went to fetch the table, Karam followed after him while Yoogeun and Chiharu went to the house.

       “Excuse my sister, she’s just bossy like that, yes.” Karam said softly when his sister is out of earshot.

         “It’s alright, I understand. That’s just how sisters are. You’re her responsibility after all.” Masaki bent down to lift the table.

        “It still gets annoying though. Tsk. Preteens~” the boy pouted, he picked up the table cloth and began walking along with Masaki back to the pavilion.

         “You’re gonna miss that someday.” Masaki chuckled.

         “Don’t think so.”

         “You’ll see.”

         Karam just shrugged.

         “How old are you?” Masaki asked after he placed the table in the center of the pavilion while Karam fixed the tablecloth over it.

         “Nine and Miss Bossy’s twelve while Yoogeun’s five.” Karam replied, knowing he’s gonna be asked about the others anyway.

          By then, Chiharu and Yoogeun came out of the house, carrying more decoration and other stuff, including a banner.

         “So what’s the occasion?” Masaki asked as Chiharu approached.

        “It’s our mom’s birthday.” Chiharu replied, spreading the banner with the ‘Happy Birthday’ on it.

         “And we’re gonna surprise her!” Yoogeun exclaimed happily.

       “Oh, sounds fun!” Masaki is getting hyped up too. “So what do I do next?”

        “We know someone who gets hyped up this much over something like this too, scratch that, we know she’s gonna be hyped later when she gets home.” Chiharu and Karam thought as they caught each other’s eyes.

        “Well, Miss Pandora, our caretaker, will take care of the food and probably some of the dads too, so we have to finish setting this place up before mom arrives.” Chiharu explained. Masaki wondered whether he heard about the ‘dads’ part correctly and kind of got lost on that.

       Chiharu looked at the three, whose expression seemed to be asking, ‘so?’ and sighed, “you have to put this banner up there by the entrance.” She pointed to Masaki who nodded. “You, arrange, this plates and cups, basically set the table and make sure to leave space for the food later.” She instructed Karam. “And you, well…” she paused as she turned to the youngest who was looking at her eagerly. “Um, you watch over whether they’re doing their tasks or not.” She ruffled his hair.

        Yoogeun seems to love the task assigned to him. He crossed his arms and tried to stand with authority.

          “And what will you be doing?” Karam pointed back at his sister.

         “I, my dear brother, will be preparing your lunch.”

          “Oh, you go do that then. I’m starving.” Karam gestured, shooing her away. Chiharu merely stomped off. She met Pandora who just arrived. She then helped her carry some bags of groceries.

          The caretaker took one look at the visitor, who smiled and bowed upon noticing her, before she proceeded to the house accompanied by Chiharu. 

         Chiharu explained Masaki’s presence to Pandora as the prepared for lunch.

         “Was that Pandora?” Masaki asked when the two girls went inside.

           “Yeah, she’s the one who takes care of us whenever Mom goes on business trips like this time.” Karam explained.

          “I see. She seems nice.”

          “Nice is what she is not. Well, in some cases…”

         “Hey! Back to work!” Yoogeun cut off.

        “Oh, shut up.” His elder brother brushed him off. “You little slave master.”

******

         When lunch was ready, Pandora placed it on a tray cart and Chiharu pushed it carefully towards the pavilion.

         As she got closer, she heard her brothers quarrelling. She saw their youngest crying when she arrived while Masaki was trying to contain the older one. Chiharu positioned the lunch cart safely away before coming over to clear things up with them.

         “What’s happening with the both of you? What are you fighting about now?” She placed herself between the two boys, with her hands on her hips.

          “It’s your fault!” Karam barked at her. “You left this brat in-charge.” He spat. “Besides being useless, he goes around copying you, bossing us around. It’s damn annoying!”

           “Watch your mouth!” Chiharu snapped.

            “I don’t care! He’s just being a spoiled little imp. He should learn to respect elders and if you’re not gonna teach him, I will!” Karam retorted angrily.

            Masaki was turning from kid to the other, unsure of what to do to calm them down.

            “You’re also being a brat yourself! He’s just a child.” Chiharu reasoned, her voice rather high pitched from self-control.

            “So what? Just because he’s still a kid, even if he goes around throwing tantrums and breaking stuff,” Karam pointed to some plates and cups on the ground, “you’re just gonna let him?”

            Chiharu then realized why her brother got so angry. She knows he puts care into what he does and hates it when anyone touches and messes up his work. Who doesn’t?

            Have to talk to Yoogeun later. She calmed herself and tried to speak again but Yoogeun interrupted her.

            “I’m gonna tell Minho-appa!” the youngest glared at his brother with teary eyes.

             “Oh yeah?” Karam turned to him again. “I’ll tell Jaejoong-appa. We’ll see about that.” He challenged.

            “Shut it! The both of you! I’m going to tell the rest of them then!” Chiharu threatened.

             Masaki’s questions from before resurfaced. Just how many dads do these kids have?

             Chiharu’s words have taken some effect, the two bickering boys stopped but still stood with their backs to each other.

             Well at least, they stopped. Chiharu sighed, “Alright, Let’s eat lunch then we’ll finish everything here. Look, you’re worrying Masaki-nii, not to mention starving him.”

            Tsk, not to mention but you’re mentioning it. Karam smirked.

            “No, I’m fine.” Masaki added hastily.

           When the two still didn’t budge, she tried again. “You may be mad at each other right now but you must love mom right?” she continued without waiting for their reply, “So won’t you please at least do it for her?”

           That, softened the boys’ expressions and they slowly walked towards the lunch try, took their share, sat and ate.

           Chiharu turned to Masaki. “Sorry about that, Masaki-nii.” She bowed.

            “Uh, It’s alright. I’m glad they’ve stopped fighting already.” Masaki smiled. “You did well, neechan.” He patted her head.

            “Thanks.” Chiharu replied, feeling a little proud of herself. “Shall we eat?” She smiled back and led him to where the boys have been silently but hungrily devouring their lunch.

            Chiharu and Masaki laughed quietly upon seeing the two then went to eat as well.

           When they’ve had their fill, the foursome picked up where they left off and went to work while Pandora worked in the kitchen.

          Being kids, the boys eventually forgot their anger and was fooling around together until their big sister would come to reprimand them.

          Soon enough, Masaki’s queries were answered as the kids’ “Dads” arrived one after another.

          Apart from their individual gifts, each had something to contribute.

         Gikwang, Jungmin and Jaejoong brought their own signature dishes which were added to Pandora’s menu, Shrimp rolls, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Linguine pasta respectively while Geunseuk was the one who bought the birthday cake.

         It is a given for Masaki to be astonished each time a car pulls in and a man appears every minute being introduced to him as the kids’ dad. 

          He learned who Jaejoong is when Karam met him halfway after arrival. 

          Minho, Seunggi, Jonghun, and Jonghyun came with their band instruments and started setting up the sound system. This time, it was Yoogeun who ran up to Minho’s arms gleefully.

         Kyuhyun, who seems to be closest to Chiharu, worked on the visuals with his laptop and projector.

         The last to arrive was Seulong who started taking shots of the setting and everyone present, soon after he assembled his cameras.

        With enough hands to help, Masaki considered leaving but everyone asked him to stay for the party and especially since he’s been a great help to the children from what they’ve narrated and so he gratefully obliged.

          As he observed everyone working together, more questions formulated on his mind. It intrigued him, how the Dads doesn’t seem to mind the presence of the other men, on the contrary, they seem to be at ease with each other.

         ‘At ease’ is what he called it but to the dads, it’s more on they ‘got used to’ it aspect.

         He’d only seen the kid’s mother from afar and had not the chance to acquaint himself with her, now his interest in her peaked and he’s looking forward to meeting her.

        On the Dads’ point of view, as they too watched the new guy, the more they observe him, the more that he resembles the kids’ mother or more like a guy version of her. Be that as it may, they easily got along with him. He seems to be the type that they could easily fool, still, he’s a trustworthy all-around nice guy.

        They finally managed to wrap up everything before sunset and was relaxing for a bit before the party officially starts.

         Some visitors have also begun arriving. Most of them are family and relatives. The kids went off to play with their cousins.

         While lounging, the dads got talking with Masaki. They talked about their professions and of course, the main reason for their gathering that day. It was also in that instance that Masaki understood the kids’ odd behavior upon hearing his name, their mother’s name being Misaki.

        After a while, Chiharu checked her watch and turned to her brother, Karam who nodded upon meeting her gaze.

         “Everyone, Please settle down now. We have to get ready for the surprise part since we have no idea when she’ll simply pop up.” Karam announced over the microphone. Most heads nodded in agreement and a few knowing whispers were heard.

       “Hey! What do you all mean by that?”

        All heads turned to where the voice came from.

        “Mommy!!” Yoogeun ran to hug Misaki.

        “That’s what I mean Mom.” Karam shook his head as he went to greet her.

         “Happy birthday Mom!” Chiharu simply smiled and kiss her mother.

          “Thank you darlings.” Misaki happily embraced her children. “It’s really good to be back.”

          “We missed you!” the three replied.

         “Oh, I missed you too!” and remembering that there are guest waiting, Misaki turned to everyone.

         “Well, Surprise!” she beamed at hr visitors. Some laughed and some shook their heads, amused.

        “Mommy, we’re supposed to be the one to say that.” Yoogeun corrected.

        “Get used to it.” Karam muttered to his brother.

         “Hey, I’m right here.” Misaki objected while her oldest son just gave her a cheeky smile.

         “I am surprised too you know, seeing a lot of people here and the place looking so fantastic.” She defended.

         “Yeah, yeah.” Her daughter merely waved it off. “Let’s get this party starting!”

        “Yeah, I’m starved.” Karam agreed.

        “Yey!” the youngest jumped excitedly. “Party party!”

*****

          Once the party proper had ended, the kids chatted with their mom and told her what happened while she was gone, as she put them to bed. It was like bedtime storytelling in reverse.

         The dads were still at the pavilion having a drink with Masaki who had managed to fit in quite well.

          The three children were talking animatedly about the day’s happenings. Misaki almost had a hard time keeping up with listening to all of them at once.


         “Mom, Can we have Masaki-nii as a dad too?” Yoogeun asked looking at his mother with his innocent puppy eyes. Misaki was taken aback by what her youngest boy said and the older two laughed.

         “You made it sound like you’re simply asking to adopt a pet.” Karam chuckled. “But I do also like Masaki-nii. He’s so cool especially how he deals with the animals.” He agreed.

         “True true, The dads also mentioned how mommy Misaki and Masaki-nii are alike in many ways.” Chiharu noted and her younger brothers nodded, having heard the same thing.

         “Like two pods in peas!” Yoogeun quoted.

        “Two peas in a pod.” Karam corrected.

        “That too.” The youngest chimed.

          “Huh?” Misaki raised an eyebrow. Well, it may be true that we have much in common but we are nothing alike. She thought back to when they interacted during the party.

        “Don’t you think you have too many dads already?” she said instead. Come to think of it, would they even agree with this? She wondered, half worried about what might be going ion at the pavilion that moment.

          “The more the merrier, right mom?” Karam mimicked his mother.

           “Besides, Mom, with you…” Chiharu started.

          “It’s never one too many!” the three siblings finished in synch.

           “What?”

           “Goodnight mom!” Karam gave her a peck in the cheek.

          “Happy birthday again!” Chiharu followed.

           “We… LOVE YOU!” Yoogeun formed a big heart with his little arms before also giving his mother a goodnight kiss. And with that, the trio tucked themselves in and went to sleep, leaving the dumbfounded Misaki pondering for herself.

END.

A/N: so… how was it? I think this is the longest one-shot I’ve written so far. It was 9 pages in MS word but then again, I didn’t type in my Valentines Sp in MS word so I can’t tell which is longer. XD Also, sorry if I made some characters bratty or so unlike them in any aspect. Also for some words used. :)
Please tell me what you thought of it ne~ Simply, have a Wishful heart! ^_._^