Uneasy Feeling

Uneasy Feeling

“Mirai… wake up! Its morning already… it’s now 7.10 a.m. If you not wake up now we will be late.”

“Mmmm…”

“Wake up... Or you gonna be late for your morning discussion”

“Mm...” Mirai still not wake up. She still mumbling in her sleep.

“Your need lab coat today right? You need to practice those experiment again before the competition. Hai…change your clothes.”

“Mm..kay~  Ahhh…My head cannot come out! Help me Ryosuke~” Mirai changed her clothes right there right in front of me. Yeah I know this was her room after all, but I’m a man here! Mirai~ for God sake.

“Nani yatenda Mirai...” I tried to help her dressed now. Oh Mirai!

“You are so defenceless…” I managed to say it at last.

“Nani?” Mirai wasn’t hear it, I guess?

“Nandemunai desu.” I helped her packed all her stuffs into the bag and even combed her hair!

“Mirai...hayaku... Your mom has made tuna sandwiches today... So hurry so that we can eat breakfast together.” I pulled her hand ran down the stairs as I noticed she was still acted slowly.

“Yamada-kun, thank you for always come and pick Mirai up. You are very a good child.”

“Arigatou Shida-san. It’s not really a problem. I am happy to do it. Jaa…ittekimasu~

………….

“Huwaaaa…” Mirai yawned. This really sleepy person, is Shida Mirai, my girlfriend. I can say that we’ve been going out for a year and so. And now it’s the last semester of second year. We will going to be senior next year. Our relationship is probably going well as people can see, but…I think lately something was missing lately.

“Mirai…aren’t you sleepier more than usual? Are preparation for the competition is that hard?” It was the 8th time she yawned since we walked out of her house.

“Yeah… apart from need to remembering the experiment, we also need to make the experiment perfectly. Also for the Math-thon, sensei give us 50 questions daily to finish up. If the question is quite easy I don’t really mind it. But it is reaallllllyyyyy muzukashi!!”

That’s right. Mirai is a top student. For the next “School Elite Competition” she was chosen as the team leader for our school team to represent our high school in the competition. That competition was held to determine the most elite school of the year. Our school currently has won 3 years in the row. I finally understand the pressure that Mirai hold right now.

“I don’t want to lose to that KK Gakuen. We better win it. I must try my best so that our school can win.”

I really want to cheer for her, of course as a boyfriend that the only thing I can do. But because so many time she spent with her team, there is no way we can see each other that much apart from me picking her up to school.

Ahhh…we talked so much again about her competition, we had arrived school. Of course we are not in the same class. Mirai is in 2A, while I’m in 2B…even though the alphabet is next to each other, but our class are not the same level. Her class is upstairs.

Okay Ryosuke, you can do this. I want to kiss her on the forehead for some support…

Before I managed to hold her head, she already caught my hand, and “Oh God…look at the time…shoootttt! Ryosuke...I need to go now! Bye. Thanks Ryosuke!”

So…I know now what is missing…this is the thing we’re missing. If we can take colour as an example…we’re missing the pink color!



*After school*

It’s already 6.30 p.m. I don’t think Mirai has finished with her team.

“Yamada-kun…If you are looking for Mirai, she is still in the school lab.”

That is Mariya-san. She is the same class as Mirai. “Houtou? Arigatou…” I started to walk to the place that she mentioned earlier.

“Matte Yamada-kun…kore wa...Kore wa... Do you intend to leave without meeting or even saying anything to her?” What is she saying? Is she try to provoke me?

“Minna…you see this couple is at the verge of breaking up…” Mariya-san is facing to some of her friend while talking to me.

“Chotto…heyy what do you mean?”

“Do you really want to know what are you missing?” That thing again. Why I am missing too many things at a same time?

“You are too good Yamada-kun. Yasashii sugite! You need to be mean sometimes!”

“Huh? Mean? As if evil?” I really curious of what she telling me. Can I really trust these girls?

“You cannot spoil her, be cool and severe! Give cold shoulder sometimes is a must for a boyfriend! But Yamada-kun is always kind to Mirai...Overprotecting her. Very soft to her. This is the ending of you Yamada-kun! A nice person. Tsumaranai na hito~”

Her friends added. “Wait…this what we called a friend rather than the boyfriend. No no no... More like a guardian or chaperon...urm… how to say it? Yes… a Father!”

They are bullying me or what? Are they advise are usable? I am like a father? Not even a friend?


………….



“Ahhh…Ryosuke, did we promise to meet up tomorrow?” Seriously? I was very upset on the other of the line.

“Em…Did you forget?” I guessed her really busy that she forget it. I really looking forward to it… T_T

“Go-gomen! Wasureteta! Ryosuke, but we can go out tomorrow. Really…it’s been a while since we go out together ne?” Her voice sound so sweet.

“Yeah…I really looking forward to it...”

“…Chigau!! That’s not it! YOU BETTER LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! WAKATTA??!!” I shouted. Right, I need to be mean, MEAN!

“Huh? What? Ryosuke...Are you okay?”

“IT”S 11 a.m. AT THE TRAIN STATION ALL RIGHT!!? WAKATTA DAYO NE??!” I hang up the phone. I need to show her that I am not her just friend, not her chaperon, not a guardian, and to be precise not HER DAD!! THAT I’M HER MR BOYFRIEND!



*next morning*

I need to make that kind of face. Coolness face! Demo, how should I do that? Okay increase coolness to extreme level. I tried to push the end of my eyes up to make a serious face, when suddenly my phone vibrate.

‘Ryosuke! Gomen… I overslept! I’ll be a little late. Gomen ne!’

That maybe because she maybe still staying up late again for her math exercise. She must really tired…-

Hurm? Hurm? Chotto... What am I doing? I cannot do this… Be MEAN RYOSUKE!

“Don’t make me wait, you thoughtless women! It’s common sense not to make people wait, BAKA ONNA! Kneel on your knees!!!” Maybe I should throw my phone to make it real.

Pinching my chubby cheek to practise those words again… “Okay, this should do it!” Need to be cool, need to be severe…

Mirai arrived 5 minutes later, “Ryosuke!!” She waved radiantly at me..Kawai!!

“Ah...Mirai!!” I waved back.

CHIGAU...CHIGAU... I punched my face.  That’s not the right reaction. I need to be angry!

“Ryo-ryosuke…daijoubu? Gomen, I’ m a little late.” Mirai maybe felt awkward because what I just done to myself. This is sooo hard. But today I need to give her a cold shoulder. I’ll be the one in charge. Let see what plan I have list for today.


Watch a Romantic Movie (holding hand it the cinema)
Dinner (go to romantic restaurant or café)
Go to park (find a place that be can be all alone)



“Mirai…first we are going to watch movie…-”

“Ne… can I go and see some new lab coat? Mine was burnt last night during the practice!” she cut me before I finish instructing my date plan. Looking this cute face… arghh…

“Souka? Wakatta... ikou wa yo.” I cannot resist her smile, it is hard to see she smiled like that nowadays. I have lost twice. I need to be cool next.

“Wow..the price here is really cheap compare to the one they sold in school. I will buy here I guess. Ryosuke…come and pick for me.”

Okay…now is the time... I will act strict. I will leave the shop... Come! Follow me!

“…Ryosuke….” Mirai is making a very cute set pair of eyes, like the Puss in the Shrek movie. With those eyes, how I can’t I resist it!? Baka Ryosuke!!

I walked back into the shop, “Here is the good one. I think this size suit your petite body. It’s also convenient to have pocket inside, so you can put more stuffs in it and a place for your stationary and name tag.”

“Ohhh… you are really great Ryosuke! I haven’t thought of that! Arigatou~”


………


We walked to the park nearby. Yes! Finally I found a place that we can be alone together.
“Ryosuke, there a bench here. Can we stop a bit? I a little tired. Ne?”

I walked towards her and tried to kiss her, but suddenly she avoid my kiss. It’s twice already she avoided it. “Can you buy some drinks, I feel a little thirsty.” She asked me, to avoid what has happened just now.

“Okay… you wait here. I will go and buy some juice.” I left Mirai there playing with that swing. What am I really to you Mirai?

When I came back, I saw a boy about our age holding Mirai’s shoulder, while Mirai was sitting on the bench. “Kimi, daijoubu?” The boy asked.

“Hai...arigatou!”

I ran to Mirai... “Hey…what is happening?”

“She fell from the swing. I just help her.”

“It’s okay now! Thank you for rescuing MY GIRLFRIEND!!” I pressed the word girlfriend intentionally to make that boy realised. “You can leave now!!”

“Ryosuke... Aren’t your words too harsh? He just trying to help me here.”

I bowed to that kid and pulled Mirai’s hand to take her away from there. I snapped. How could he easily touch her like that!!

“Ryosuke, what’s wrong? You are acting strange.”

“WHERE DID HE TOUCH YOU EARLIER?” I half shouting when I asked that question to Mirai. Mirai look really surprise maybe because she never see me like this before. “TELL ME!”

“Why are you so upset? He just trying to help...-”

“Shut up”

I hardly pull her shirt and left a kiss mark on her shoulder. Right on the place where the boy touched earlier.

“Ryosuke...no…please. I don’t get it!” She cried. What have I done? I suddenly realised I shouldn’t have do that. I’m the worst!

“Its fine, you do not need to get it.” I answered. “I hate you!”

……….




*at home*

It has been 2 days since that day. “Achoo!!” I have caught a cold because I ran in the rain when I left her. Mirai daijoubu ka na? I reached for my phone and see not even a single text, not to mention a call from her. Of course. To see what have I have done? This is nothing. I had made her cry… I’m the worst! When did I become this miserable?

Maybe I should call her. I pressed her number…then delete it... Pressed again... delete again...

“Arggghhhh...I’m totally not COOL!!!”

Suddenly a face popped up on my head where I was lying miserably.

“…Mirai…”

“Ryosuke, you didn’t come to school today so I came to talk to you directly.”

“I just caught a cold. That isn’t that bad. You can go home now.”

No…it is bad... apologize to her Ryosuke!

Mirai ignored what I just said. She sit beside my bed politely with a serious expression plastered on her face. “Ryosuke… please tell me what are you thinking. Or else, we are not gonna understand each other. If you are holding something inside, tell me. I want you to tell me everything. Do not hide it. I will accept it all.”

I cannot hold it much longer. “Jaa...I am sorry for what has happened that day...You are too defenceless. Stop getting touched by other guys other than me so easily. Even me, you should be more guarded.”

“…hai...”

“I know you are very busy concentrating to that competition. But please look at me more. Think only me and not everyone else you stupid!” I pulled my blanket over my face to be able to say such an embarrassing remark.

“…hai...”

“…and…also… of course I want to touch you more. I have said it all. I really do not understand myself when I’m with you. God, I’m so selfish!”

Mirai pulled my blanket away from my head. I still facing the wall as I still cannot over being embarrassed with my own words.

“Ryosuke...kocchi mite” She still insisted me to face her.

“…no…”

She grabbed my face close to her's. I felt her warm hand over my cheek. I must blushed really hard right now.

“It’s not what you think. My face is red because of the fever.” I tried to deny it even though she is not saying a word.

Her soft lip landed on mine. She kissed me softly. “Mirai…you’ll catch my cold.”

“Ryosuke… I am really sorry. I am sorry for not being a good girlfriend to you. I was feeling a little weird recently. Whenever we kiss, I feel like I want more. And keep wondering what’ll happen if we go further. And I fell so embarrassed.”

“…What?”

“Da-datte… my feelings should not be floating at time like this. When I was busy and stuff… and I thought you would hate me. You even said it earlier.”

“…and I do not know if Ryosuke see me as woman or not… so I thought…-”

“I SEE YOU TOO MUCH AS A WOMAN!!”

“…Ryo...”

“You are so slow…too dense, baka! BAKA, BAKA!!”

I continued to kiss her. I don’t even mind now if she caught my cold.

It’s like a hypothesis of the experiment. The more we love each other, the more awkward that we get. But, if I stay as I am…and she smiles… I do not have to worry about anything at all.

“Ryosuke...”

“…hm…”

“You’re prohibited from kissing me like that.”

“Why?”

“…I…I feel strange…”

“How strange?”

“………..”

“Just tell me what you want me to do right now?” Mirai also blushed right now.

“Ryosuke…zurui~~”

Pink colour. I now get back what colour that we are missing out… I going to keep this pink colour forever.




Thanks for reading!! Akemae Omedetou!!