Chapter 1

I Always Win

“Unnie, wake up” There’s no way that could be morning already.

“Unnie~, wake up unnie~!” Her aegyo voice is really cute. But I’m not in the mood to hear it again, not to so early in the morning. So I opened my eyes.

“I’m awake, Tzuyu”

“Ok, but if you don’t get up in five minutes I’m gonna tell the unnies what you’re doing with Dahyun unnie hehe” she said with a teasing voice before leaving the room.

I closed my eyes again and started to think about what I was doing with Dahyun unnie that Tzuyu could tell the unnies. I couldn’t think of anything.

This night I slept in Dahyun’s bed. With her. Then I realized the reason of that teasing. She was hugging me from behind with her right hand resting on my belly. We never cuddled before. My smile couldn’t get bigger and I couldn’t help but to wish that this is not the last time.

I put my hand over hers and started to play with her fingers. Maybe I should sleep more with her, but I can’t, because I don’t want her to know my feelings. I sighed and decided to wake her up before Tzuyu come back. I turned to her and to my surprise her eyes were open and she was smiling at me. I smiled back at her but let go of her hand, I hope she didn’t notice I was holding it.

“Morning” she says as she got up. Still smiling.

“Morning, unnie”

 

---------- x ----------

 

“Dahyun unnie” She’s sitting on the couch right beside me watching TV.

“What?” she turns to look at me.

“I’m bored, entertain me, please” That show she was watching was really boring for me, not for her apparently, because she was laughing her off before I called her.

“What do you want to do?” She always stops what she’s doing to do what I want to do. I might be selfish but I want her attention. I need her attention.

“I don’t know, what do you want to do?” I wanted her to suggest something for us to do together. I looked into her eyes, almost pleading, and by the way she smiled at me I think she knew what I meant.

“Let’s play a game” She smirked and got closer to me. Her knees touching mine.

“What game?” I’m usually not shy around her, but when we’re alone and she smirks at me I can’t help but blush.

“We’ll look into each other eyes and who blinks first loses” Crap. I’m sure my face was red now. And I’m sure she was enjoying seeing this.

“No, I don’t want to play this game, let’s play chess” I was about to get up to get the chessboard but she held my hand before I could leave.

“We are playing my game, you ask me to suggest something and I did” She was smirking at me. Again. I was so embarrassed. I sighed and sit down.

“Ok” I was panning to blink in the first second of the game. I don’t want her to see things she shouldn’t.

“On three then... one, two, three” I looked into her eyes. Her gaze was playful so I decided to play it for real.

Three seconds into it and her look changed, she was serious. I can’t really explain what I was seeing there. Maybe it’s the same thing I don’t her to see in mine. Maybe.

Then she smiled at me and I melted. I didn’t care about the game anymore, I didn’t care about what my eyes was showing her. So I tried really hard no to blink, I wanted to keep looking into her eyes forever.

But she suddenly laughed and stood up.

“What...?” I didn’t even know what to say. Why did she have to ruin the moment?

“What what?” She was looking down at me. I could tell she wanted me to say something. Something about my feelings. But I wouldn’t.

“Nothing... I just... I won the game hehe” I laughed nervously. She smiled at me again and left to go to the kitchen.

I sighed. I was confused by her behavior.

“Son Chaeyoung” I heard her call my name and looked at her. She was leaning on the door frame with that smirk that I hate.

“I always win” She blinked at me and entered the kitchen.

What?

 

---------- x ----------

 

“Please be my baby... please be my baby” I laughed at her. She was singing this line nostop since we came back from school.

We were alone at home and lazing around in the living room. Dahyun was lying on the couch and I was sitting on the floor with some sheets and pencils. I wanted to draw something, but she was distracting me.

“Please be my baby... please be my baby” I giggled and looked at her. She was looking at me. “Please be my baby... please be my baby” I gulped. Was she singing that for me?

“When will you stop singing this line?” I looked down and started drawing some random circles. She makes me nervous, she has this power over me.

She stood up and went to our bedroom. I was following her with my eyes. Then she turned to look at me and asked with a serious tone “When will you sing it back to me?”. Before I had the chance to answer the door was closed. Which is good, because what can I say after this?

I can’t deny it anymore. She likes me, she knows I like her and she wants me to confess.

“I want to sing it back to you now, unnie”

 

---------- x ----------

 

She was waiting. After that day everytime she looked at meI felt like she was asking me silently when I will confess. This morning wasn’t different. We were in the living room about to leave to school with Tzuyu.

“Let’s go, girls” Dahyun called us from the door and left to wait ouside. I wanted to talk to her.

“Tzuyu, can you wait here for a minute? I need to talk to Dahyun”

“Why? Are you going to confess? Let me watch it please” Of course the evil maknae would tease me.

“There’s nothing to confess” I rolled my eyes. “I just want to ask her something. If you wait here I’ll buy you ice cream later”

“Ok... but promise that I will be the first to know if she accept your confession hehe” I rolled my eyes again.

“We’ll have ice cream after school” She nodded and I left.

My plan was to make Dahyun confess.

“Where’s Tzuyu?” She asked when she saw me leaving the house alone.

“She’s coming. Unnie...?”

“What?”

“You’re older” I said that looking into her wyes. She knew what I meant.

“So what?” She smirked at me. She knew what I meant but she has to tease me.

“So... so you can ask me whatever you want. You should” Now I was looking at my feet. She laughed.

“I know. But I want my cute dongsaeng to ask me whatever she wants. She came closer to me and hold my hand and with her other hand she touched my chin to make me look at her. “She should know that I would never say no” My heart stopped.

“I’m ready unnies” I would buy her ice creams for the rest of our lives.

Dahyun took her hand of my chin but didn’t let of my hand. And like this we went to school.

I couldn’t be happier.

 

---------- x ----------

 

I would never ask her directly. Never. I would die of embarrassment.

But I couldn’t stand this game anymore. I really want to be with my Dahyunnie. I want to date her. I want to be her girlfriend. I like her.

So I have to come up with a plan. That would also be embarrassing, really  embarrassing, but I knew what to do.