Scheme

Graphite on Paper

There was something strange about Yoongi that Jimin couldn't quite point out. The mint-haired boy seemed to be in a better mood. He was always grinning to himself, and whenever the members pointed out the weird smug on his face, he'd always snap at them as if they had disrupted the good mood. Most of the members were pretty pleased with Yoongi's sudden change of heart, but Jimin was sure that it was just an act.

"I'm telling you," Jimin said to Jungkook, "he's scheming something."

"That's what you always say," Jungkook pointed out.

"No, but this time, I'm serious. Something happened. I swear, if he's putting on a 'I'm a good boy now!' act, I'll rip that image away from him and reveal the devil inside," Jimin muttered, clawing the air.

Jungkook laughed. "What? You're crazy. Come on, celebrate. If Yoongi hyung is this happy, then something good must've happened to him. Take advantage of this happiness."

"Nope, nope! I'm not fall for it! You can, but I'm not!" Jimin fiercely declared. He rubbed his chin. "Forget it. I can't talk about this with you. You're not even on my side."

"What about Taehyung hyung?" the youngest asked.

"No. He might Suga, but he doesn't hate him as much as I do." Jimin closed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. "Who's someone who hates Suga as much as I do and is willing to be on my side the whole time…?"

"What about IU?" Jungkook suggested. Jimin opened his eyes and stared at him. "Didn't you have a thing with her? Maybe if she's really interested in you, then she'll go in with this little plan of yours."

"IU—Jieun! Of course! Why didn't I think of that?" Jimin cried out. He threw Jungkook a tight hug. "Little Kookie, you're a genius!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Jungkook murmured, rolling his eyes. Once Jimin let go, Jungkook reached into his pocket and pulled out a CD cover.

Jimin frowned. "What's this?"

"IU's song. If you're meeting up with her, as her for an autograph," Jungkook told him. He sheepishly grinned. "I really like her songs. They're good."

Jimin clicked his tongue. "Fine, but I'm only doing this because you're my favorite in the group."

"I'm your only favorite," Jungkook declared, smiling.

• • •

Jieun wasn't sure if she was allowed to contact Yoongi. If anything, last night only left her with a lot of unanswered questions. Like, did Yoongi still like her? Did he kiss her out of spite or out of love? Why did he kiss her? Did he mean that kiss?

She curled herself in her bed, hugging her large pillow. She buried her face in the pillow and squealed loudly, trying to figure out what was going on. Her cheeks were beet red and her ears were starting to heat up. Her pale white fingers slowly reached for her luxurious pink lips. A small smile appeared on her face, but every time she remembered Yoongi's lips colliding onto hers, she would hide her face in her pillow and squeal.

Her legs instinctively started to kick the blankets while her body tossed around the bed. At one point, she looked up at the ceiling, staring at the blank surface. She took a deep breath through her nose and sighed dreamily while her fingers—once again—reached for her lips.

"Am I dreaming?" she wondered out loud. She paused, then shook her head. "No, it's definitely not a dream. It was too real…"

She could remember everything—his heat, his scent, his lips—and sworn to never forget. She closed her eyes gently and hugged her pillow as if she was hugging him.

I want to see him, she thought.

At the moment she thought of her wish, her phone started to ring. She bolted up and quickly reached for her phone, thinking that it was her manager calling her.

"Hello?" Jieun answered quickly.

"Jieun! Hi!"

Jieun scrunched her nose. This isn't my manager's voice…?

She looked at the caller ID, noticing that it was Jimin calling her. Even more confused, she placed her phone next to her ear to listen to whatever he had to say.

"Oh, um, hi!" she greeted awkwardly.

"Are you busy?" Jimin asked.

"No. I'm in my dorm. Why?" she asked.

"Are you busy later today?"

"No."

"Great! Then do you want to have dinner with me?" Jimin asked.

Is this a date? she wondered. A minute later, she scoffed and chuckled to herself. Nah, this can't be a date. I'm just being crazy now.

"With just the two of us? My manager won't allow that," Jieun explained.

Jimin remained quiet on the other line. For a second, Jieun thought that she had lost connection, but when she checked, she noticed that she was still on the line. She was about to speak up just to make sure until Jimin cleared his throat.

"So if I bring someone I know, then we can have dinner?" he asked.

"Well, yes—"

"Great! I'll bring Jungkook."

Jieun frowned, a little disappointed that she was going to see another BTS member instead of the BTS member she wanted to see.

Then again, she thought, Jimin and Yoongi don't get a long. It'll probably be strange for the two to have dinner together. I don't want to make Yoongi come to dinner with us when he doesn't like him. 

"I'm not very close with Jungkook," Jieun said honestly.

"It's okay. It's just dinner," Jimin said. "Besides, Jungkook is a huge fan of you. He wants your autograph."

"My autograph?"

"Yes, yours. If I can't bring Jungkook, then I'll bring Taehyung."

Jieun scrunched her eyebrows. "Tae…Taehyung?"

"Oh, right. V. You know, BTS member V?" Jimin clarified.

"Ah, yeah. I know him. V. Yeah, we talked once, I think," Jieun said, trying to remember all the BTS members.

"Great! I'll send you a text about our date in a few minutes, okay?" Jimin said.

"Yeah, okay—Wait. Date? Jimin, I—"

Before Jieun was about to say anything, Jimin had hung up. She stared down at her phone for a minute, trying to figure out what was going on. Without a moment of hesitation, she quickly sent Jimin a text, asking him if he was really asking her out on a date. Just before she sent the text, she paused and bit her bottom lip.

Well, it's only Jimin, Jieun thought, and it's not like he's that interested in me. I'm sure he meant dinner and not a date. I mean, I'm not even that popular! Why would he want to date someone like me? I'm not special. I'm just like any other girl out there, right? She took a deep breath through as she deleted her text. It's not a date. It's just a dinner between two good idol partners. Jimin knows that as much as I do, right?

As she waited for Jimin to send her the location and time for dinner, little did she know that the other party really thought it was a date, and that he still thought that she was an anti-Yoongi fan.

From the moment she decided to not send her text, she would be caught in a complicated triangle with misunderstandings and problematic situations that would threaten her relationship and career, stirring up unnecessary drama that would shake her fragile heart.


Author's Note: Oh boy another writer's block. This was probably one of the hardest chapters to write for this story mainly since I didn't plan too far ahead for this story (lol). Like, chapter 15 was all that I planned and now my mind is running blank. That's why chapter 16 is so short (cries). BUT HAVE YOU GUYS WATCHED IU'S DRAMA YET. I'm starting to recognize all the princes by now. Also I'm waiting for that one soundtrack when IU's cousin dies on the 8th prince's back cause THAT SONG HAS SO MANY FEELS AND EMOTIONS IN IT. Ahahaha…I should get back to writing.