Realization

The Lost Cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What’s happening to me?

After all these years why now?

Black haired girl felt dizzy as her mind tries to find answers to thousands questions running through her mind. This is the first time she lose her control over a human. Because she spent years with human she is immune to human blood and smell. Years of practices helped her to resist temptation so even at her weakest moment she could control her thirst. But for the first time just the slightest smell of blood made her go crazy and almost broke the rules she made when she became a …

Taeyeon sighed as she try to understand what made her lose her mind like this. She prefer not to say that curse word. She just couldn’t bring herself to even think the word let alone say. It’s not because she is in denial to who she is. No. She had accepted it long time ago. But the mere thought of that word filled her with self-loathing.

Blonde girl was staring at her lover whom she thought died 3 years ago.

It can’t be…

He said she died… Then how can she be here…

But she is acting weird, I she really Taeyeon?

She is not sure if this is the same girl, but her heart says she is her girlfriend, her Taengoo.

She slowly squeezed the other girl’s hand trying to gain Taeyeon’s attention. She needs answers to her questions. She needs to know what has happened few years back.

Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts when she felt someone squeezed her hand lightly. As she looked at intertwined fingers and she couldn’t help but wonder why it feels so right to hold this blonde girl’s hand.

Do I know her?                                                                            

Is she someone from the past that I couldn’t remember?

“mmm…A..Are you ok now, T.. Taengoo?”

Again that voice. Why that voice keeps remind me of someone I couldn’t place?

More Taeyeon tried to understand more she felt confuse. But to make things worse she felt distracted and keep thinking about her scent. That overwhelming scent drawn Taeyeon to Jessica. She can’t understand why she wanted her this much.

Ok. I need to get away. N.O.W

Taeyeon got up quickly to get away from Jessica, but for a moment she forgot how fast she could move, so end up in flying across the room to the other end and hit the wall. She groaned and lied back when she felt like her bones broke by the impact. Though she didn’t feel any pain from the hit, the thirst and the weak feeling made her realized that she is almost at her breaking point.

You don’t have much time, Taeyeon

Did… did she just fly across the room?

What the hell is happening?

Jessica couldn’t understand how Taeyeon did it but before she thinks more she saw Taeyeon groan and lie down. She ran toward the girl who is lying down holding her midriff tightly.

Oh no

When she tried to get up again she heard footsteps running toward her fast.

“Are you ok? What just happened, Taengoo? Let me help”

Jessica grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and tried to lift her up but other girl yanked her hand back while shouting.                                                                                                                                             

“I don’t know why you are calling me that name, women. Stay away if you know what’s good for you”

She tried to walk forward slowly without sparing a glance at the blond girl who looked like someone slapped her face. Her lips trembled and tears filled her eyes as the person she love the most walk away from her and most importantly acts like she doesn’t know her. Taeyeon felt her legs are wobbly but she tried trying to keep her balance and not to fall down on her face. She doesn’t want to give that girl another reasons to hold her or help her.

I am not weak

I don’t need help from a human

Especially from someone like her

Who she think she is to compel me brake the only promise I made to myself.

The only thing that differ me from those filthy bustards. I don’t drink human blood.

I don’t want to be a monster

After what felt like forever but probably 5 minutes Taeyeon has reached the door and was about to step out when she froze in the mid step as she felt a warm body pressed against her back and pair of arms wrapped around her waist.

“Please, Taengoo. Please don’t leave me” she keeps repeating the same words in Taeyeon’s ear like a mantra.

Taeyeon, don’t do this

You almost broke your rule once tonight, don’t complicate things more

Her mind was giving her warnings to stay away from this mysterious girl. Finally making her decision she sighed and break away from Jessica’s back hug.

“I am sorry”

Taeyeon whispered without looking back but she knows that girl heard her because she was sobbing loudly. Before Jessica could say anything she stepped out and ran with all her might not caring if anyone could see how unnaturally fast she was running.

Taeyeon didn’t have an idea how long or far she ran until she realized she is already in the forest. Since it’s getting dark she could barely see the outline of trees. But instead of feeling scared she felt relief washed over her body. This was her comfort zone, the only place she could be herself. She slow down to a jogging phase as she took a deep breath to feel the fresh air. That’s when Taeyeon realized how hungry she is.

You don’t get hungry like humans,Taeyeon. It’s thirst. You know what you need now

She laughed without humor because she always forget who she is. She was not the caring and happy girl she used to be who eats a lot with her friends. Now, she lives alone hiding under shadows while drinking blood of animals like a filthy monster. She hate every moment because of that fact.

Taeyeon’s dry throat and burning sensation reminded her why she left that place in a hurry. Deciding to forget what had happened few minutes ago for now she began wander in the forest looking for an animal giving in to her instinct. After few minutes Taeyeon saw a deer munching some leaves and she stopped in her tracks.

Now, that will do.

She crouched and focused on her pray for few minutes before she threw herself at it.

---

Once Taeyeon satisfied her thirst, she decided to go home because her parents asked to come for dinner tonight.

What a joke. As if I can actually can have dinner with them

She laughed bitterly as she start running back. Since she is full and her mind is clear from all the confusing thoughts she couldn’t help think about that blonde girl left in that place.

Will she be alright?

Why you are worrying of a stranger? You never think about them before.

I… I am not. I am just thinking if she went back safely.

Again, how that’s your business?

Well, she is innocent and I didn’t want to see her get hurt because of that gangsters

Taeyeon was arguing with herself even when she reached the main road. Though she wanted to go home she stopped for a moment to decide what to do. She knew she can go home now and forget everything. But a small voice in her head keep reminds her not to abandon this girl for some reason. Taeyeon closed her eyes for a moment she could see that girl’s innocent eyes filled with tears staring back at her, pleading not to leave her.

 

Argh! Seriously

 

I am so going to regret this

Scolding to herself she began to run toward the haunted house while her thoughts were centered around a certain blonde girl.

………….

 

When Taeyeon finally arrived at her destination the she could only see the outline of that haunted house. There was an eerie stillness in the surrounding that made a chill go down her spine. She stepped in to the haunted house again slowly trying not to scare the girl if she is still there. But it was pitch black and even she couldn’t see anything. Taeyeon turn on the torch that she bought from a store on her way back just in case. For few minutes she couldn’t see any movement inside but she could smell her unique scent in the evening breeze.

So she is still there

“Hello? Anyone there?” Taeyeon walked inside more to looking for that girl. But she stopped in her track and felt like her heart dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter