Hey, My Doctor (YongShin)

One Shots

A/N: So this story was inspired from me watching the Doctors. I like the story and our very Queen Shinhye is the lead female so I thought how about a doctor Shinhye and a patient Yonghwa. Hope you'll like it.

 

***

 

"Next patient." I said and the door opened. A guy, I think the same age as me walked in. He was wearing a medical mask so I really couldn't see his face. I looked at him as he entered the room. "Please take a sit" I said.

"So how are you feeling today..Mr.." I looked at the file laying on my desk and glanced at his name written boldly on it. "Jung Yong Hwa-ssi." I looked at him and shocked was written all over my face.

"I'm feeling good. Even better Doctor--" He tooked his masked of and faced me. I could see he was shocked to when he saw me. But then he smile. "Park Shinhye. It's been a long time." Memories of us being together before flash before me. It's really him. He grew thin and pale but he just looks the same. The same as the guy I ever first loved.

"Yes..its been a very..long time Yonghwa.." I looked at him intently. "Why..what are you doing here? Ahhm you're a patient?.. but why..I.." Yonghwa just chuckled at my stuttering. Gosh, Im being silly. I scanned on the file I have on my hand. And was shocked to see what's his sickness is.

"Cancer? When were you diagnosed with cancer?" I asked him. I looked up back at him only to see him nod and smile at me. "Specifically, cancer in the brain."

"Long before Doctor. Actually I'm not hopeful about the medication or the surgery. I just want to assure my parents that I'm fighting every way I can. But I know my situation more than anybody." I gulped and try to process this.

Well I have to be professional about this. But still.. and then a thought hit me. I looked at the file more and saw the date he was diagnosed. April 2009. Two months before he broke up with me.

"Is this the reason why You broke up with me?" I asked him. Feeling teary-eyed.

"I already told you the reason."

"I don't believe you."

"Do I have to make myself clear again, Shinhye?"

 

"I am breaking up with you."

"Yonghwa no..you can't leave me like this. I love you very much. We had dreams together."

"No, we don't. I was just playing with you. I never loved you Shinhye."

 

Memories of the day he broke up with me came to my mind. Pain embraced my heart. I was trying too hard not to let my tears fall. My heart tells me that he might did lie to me about that. But...

"Well we cant never be sure until the results of the earlier surgery had put through." He just smiled.

"Just be like that Shinhye, just be a good doctor to me. Nothing less, nothing more."

 

After the check up that I did with Yonghwa, he was admitted in a room for observation. He's braved to accept this as part of his fate. And his doctor I hope well for him. But I can't help to think that maybe he was being cold to me because he doesn't want me to be hurt. But how can I not be..when the man I love is in pain.

The next day, I visited him in his ward to run some tests.

"So, your vital signs are good. No hemorrhage. So all's good I think." I said to him. "I think the surgery did well."

"Doctor Park may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Why did you become a doctor?" I was stunned to hear his question. He was looking serious too.

"Well I'm a practical person, at first I thought of becoming a doctor because of the pay but helping people feels good. Curing patients and being part of their lives makes me think that all of this are worth it." I said and smiled at him.

"That's nice. I thought of being a doctor too before."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, but it was for selfish reasons.. I wanted to find a cure for myself." I stayed quiet. "But I know I failed even before I tried. Was always stuck in the hospital rather than studying in school. I didn't have time to accomplish what I want. But the I accepted what this is, what I am into. This is all part of me. I don't want to burden my family anymore."

"Still don't lose hope."

I walked out the room with tears on my face.

Everyday I would visit him in his room. Check his pulse, medications and all. Watch him sleep. Make sure he takes his meds. Eat well. And as days passed, I feel more attached to him. I think I'm falling for him again. No, I'm still in love with him.

"Shinhye you dont have to come over everyday." He said to me with an emotionless tone.

"I am your doctor. It's part of my job."

"No its not. Stop being close to me."

"Why? Huh? Why do you keep on being distant to me?!" I broke down and asked him with hurt in my eyes.

"I don't need you. I don't wanna live anymore so just let me."

"No, I won't let you die on my watch that easily. And I'm not doing this because I'm your doctor. I don't care if you think you don't need me but... I need you Yonghwa. I still love you. You might have pushed me away from you before but I won't now. I'm staying."

"You'll be just hurt.. what if I just die one day."

"I don't care..I want to be with you. Please let me Yonghwa." I moved closer to him and let our foreheads touch. "It'll hurt me more if I can't be with you while you're still here."

After that, Yonghwa let me love him back again. I make sure to visit him. Be with him everyday. Make him feel happy. I know, being his doctor that it would only take a miracle for him to survive this but.. I keep on praying. For him to live longer. For me to be with him.

"What are you doing? Why are you up?" I said as I saw Yonghwa dressed up and waiting for me in the lobby.

"We're going on a date."

"What? Yah you need to be admitted. Let's get back on your room."

"Shinhye-yah I feel fine. Just please go on a date with me today. You can lock me in my room after  but please give me this day to make it up to you. Let's go on a date please."

How could I say no to him. So I granted his request. We dated. Went out, we watched a movie, eat out in a restaurant. Took a walk in the Han River Bridge. We talked, laughed and had fun. It felt like we didn't grew apart each other. When the night befell we decided to head back on the hospital.

"Wait..let's stay here for a while." Yonghwa said.

"But it's gonna be cold." He sat on a nearby bench and signalled me to come sit beside him so I did. He slide his hand over my shoulders and hugged me.

"This feels nice." He said.

"Shinhye I wanna tell you something.."

"Yeah what is it?"

"When Im gone.."

"Yah dont say that."

"Please just listen.. When Im gone I dont want you to feel alone. Go out and meet some new people. Go on dates and let yourself love again. Build a family of your own."

"But Yong.."

"Please promise me that. And I want to let you know where ever you will be I'll always be there with you. I will always love you Shinhye-yah. Please live a happy life even when Im gone."

I hugged him closer. When suddenly his hand fell on my lap. I looked at him his eyes were closed but he was smiling. I held his hand and I felt how cold it was. I called out his name but he won't open his eyes. He wont respond. I cried hard. Hugged him closer and whispered in his ears.

"I will always love you too, Yonghwa."

 

***

 

A/N: Yeah, I kinda like tragic endings. It takes all the fun out but.. still hope you like it. No editing done guys so typos are on me. Sorry though. Please dont forget to vote, comment and subscribe. Ciao~