1/1

Love or Money?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Digging~

This is Eugene. She's a beautiful 19 year old. Comes from a pretty average family, not poor but definitely not rich. She's not bright. Dropped out of college a few months ago but still on her feet. Of course not financially but she's still busy...

"JUNIOR! Get in here!" Eugene demands. Junior, a boy with black hair runs into the room. "What do you want?" He asks or more like states. "The last date didn't turn out so well. I need you to find me another man," Eugene answers. "That was your 7th man. Shouldn't you give up by now?" "Under my circumstances? No. Now go get me another man!!!!" Eugene pushes Junior out the door and sits on her bed. "I wish I can give up but I can't." She peers out the window and sees the students running to school. With a sad look she closes the blinds and falls asleep on her bed.

You see, Eugene's man hunting or should I say gold digging. She wants to quickly marry a man and his money. College had been too much for her. She was creative but has no time for crafts. That was always thrown to the side. Now she's a gold digger. When she was kicked out of college she remembered what her sister told her, "it's not what's on the outside that counts it's what's on the inside! Of their wallets that is. Remember to dig deep!" Her sister is currently married to a rich old European man who's taking her all over the world. He might be old and the love might be questionable but she's rich and happy. Or maybe that's just what Eugene thinks.

A few hours later Junior calls and tells her he found her a job at "THE YELLOW PEAR?! OMG THAT IS LIKE THE BIGGEST COMPUTER MAKING COMPANY IN SEOUL! HOW DID YOU GET ME THAT?" she asks. "Well I had to jump through a few hoops for it but at least you got the job. You start tomorrow. Bring what you brought to your last job." He responds. "Thank you so much! I love you!" She hangs up.

The next day she shows up to The Yellow Pear office building in Seattle. She wore the shortest skirt and the tightest shirt she could find. Hopefully security won't hold her back. She goes to the main desk. "Hi I'm Eugene Lee and I'm starting today. Can you show me where to go?" The front desk lady responds, "Yes come with me. All new employees must meet our boss, Mr. Im. You will receive a tour and then a training session. Be absolutely perfect! They watch you like a hawk on day 1." She shows Eugene to the only room on the highest floor. She knocks and I hear a buzz. Must be mean she's allowed to open the door. She opens it. "Mr. Im, this is our only employee scheduled to start today." The front desk lady says. "Thank you." Eugene says to her as she leaves. Eugene swiftly looks at her name tag, Esther Yu. Weird that's Junior's last name Eugene thinks to herself.

In front of her was like the hottest man candy you can think of. Like seriously from his face to his clothes. There was nothing to put down. “Salutations, Eugene. I am Mr. Jay Im as you already know. Have a seat," Mr. Im tells her. He's rather calm and serious Eugene thinks as she takes a seat. Remember to show some fabric, as she sits down in her miniskirt. "Here at The Yellow Pear, we hold digital tours instead of physical ones. Since you're the only new one today we'll start." Suddenly they're outside. The computer talks as it moves them through the building. Eugene was impressed but remembered why she was there. To bag herself a rich man.

She proceeds to get closer to Mr. Im. Every attempt however, was a hot mess. She dropped her purse, her phone, her handkerchief, his handkerchief, etc. just to bend down and reach for it. He however picks it up for her but doesn't show any emotion. She even spills water on herself only to end up wet and humiliated. The tour was then done and they were back in his office. "Eugene, although you just got your job, I think we’re going to have to let you go." "WHAT? But I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter