{1/1}

sunshine stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunshine flickers in small dots over the darkness of the room. Jeonghan’s awake, has been for a while, but for some reason he can’t bring himself to get up and go wake up the kids like he usually does. He can’t even bring himself to run a hand through his hair, make sure the long locks are at least presentable. The ache in his bones and the yearning for a break seems to be particularly prominent today.

For whatever reason, he’s still lying there on the mattress on his side (he holds firm hope that they’ll upgrade to beds sometime soon), his lover’s arm slung casually across him. With some difficulty, he manages to turn around, and is met with closed eyes and long, thick lashes. Jeonghan sighs. Seungcheol always looks so peaceful when he sleeps.

Carefully, he reaches an arm out, careful not to disturb the other as he runs his fingers through his hair, dipping through the strands now coloured with faded dye. Even in his dreams, Seungcheol makes a little satisfied hum, the edges of his lips turning up in the hint of a smile. His boyfriend has always reminded him of a puppy – eager, dedicated, and with a liking for pats on the head. Loyal, too. Jeonghan absolutely loves him. Sometimes he wonders what he’s ever done to deserve someone like Choi Seungcheol, and the doubt creeps up, but the ever-vigilant leader will notice and make a small subtle gesture – squeezing his hand lightly, placing a hand around his shoulder – anything to remind him that his love is reciprocated twice as strong, and that there’s nothing to worry about.

Jeonghan smiles, too caught up in his thoughts to notice his boyfriend stirring.

“Don’t stop.” A hoarse voice finally speaks up, a side effect of sleep. Jeonghan snaps back to reality, eyes widening to meet Seungcheol’s.

“Keep petting my head.” Seungcheol pouts, and the long-haired male indulges him with a chuckle. Being the responsible leader, Seungcheol doesn’t show this slightly selfish side of him to just anyone. Jeonghan loves it, and plays along with his whims whenever he wants. He knows Seungcheol would fly to the moon and back if he asked him to.

“Just a few minutes, then I’ll have to go make coffee. You know how grumpy the kids get when they don’t get their morning coffee.” Jeonghan adds, and Seungcheol gives a huff of consent.

When Jeonghan deems the few minutes over, he finally sits up after pushing Seungcheol’s arm off him. He runs a hand through his hair a few times then leaves the warm cocoon of the blankets, slipping his feet into his slippers. His hair ties are on the window sill as always, and he takes one to tie his own hair before the other two are taken away by Seungcheol.

Jeonghan plods over to the closet, grabbing a random shirt and a pair of sweats. Seungcheol’s sitting up, top half bare and the blankets creating a pool of fabric around him. The victims of the hair tie theft sit snugly around his left wrist.

“Put these on before you get out.” Jeonghan drops the pile of clothes onto his lap.

The rest of the apartment is silent as well – th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter