Final

Paper Hearts (Fallen Leaves Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Paper Hearts (Fallen Leaves Sequel)

Since a few of you guys requested for the sequel of my ‘Fallen Leaves’ one shot I made this sequel, this story also for a tribute of Jungkook’s beautiful cover of his bae’s favorite song (LOL just kidding, no I’m serious) Paper Hearts.

1.

“What did he say?” Taehyung plopped on to his best friend’s bed as his friend entered his room early in the morning, after he finished his visiting-his-crush routine.

Jimin sat on the edge of his bed, hands clasped on top of his thighs while he sighed long and deep.

“I don’t know.” Jimin said, hanging his head low not wanting to look at Taehyung who was already sat back up again.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Taehyung asked again as he sat beside Jimin and touched his best friend’s shoulder softly.

“That’s what he said, He doesn’t know.” Jimin tried hard holding back his tears not to fall in front of Taehyung as he felt pathetic and humiliated.

Taehyung frowned and just patted Jimin’s shoulder.

“You need to give him some time Jimin.” Taehyung finally said again.

Jimin didn’t say anything as he just sighed and nodded weakly to his friend.

“You know, maybe he just shocked. You never really showed that you like him anyway.” Taehyung looked at his friend with worried eyes, trying to comfort his best friend as much as he could.

“Yeah, maybe. Do I scare him too much?” Jimin asked, finally lifting his head to look at his best friend.

“Honestly?” Taehyung asked.

Jimin just nodded.

“Well, just imagine you have this guy who’s always come to your room, moreover through your window, you never spoke to him before and you’re his junior, but he sleep in your room constantly with excuse to avoid getting caught by teacher for sneaking out without permission and then BAM he confessed to you.” Taehyung said while moving his hands just to make his analogy more impactful and dramatic.

“Oh .” Jimin widened his eyes as he buried his face in his palms again before he scratched his head harshly, regretting his poor way of flirting with Jungkook.

“See? Anyone will be scared.” Taehyung smiled as he patted Jimin’s shoulder again and giving him as reassuring smile.

“I just want to get to know him better Tae because our dorm is separated and I can’t meet him if I don’t go there.” Jimin said still covering his face with his palms.

“But Jungkook never get the chance to know you better Chim.” Taehyung said while nodding again. Jimin removed his hands and lifted his face to saw his friend.

“Who are you and what did you do to my best friend? I’m sure he isn’t such a wise person.” Jimin lifted his brows as he chuckled before Taehyung punched him arm.

“ you. I’m trying to comfort you, .” Taehyung said again finally went back to his usual self as Jimin had always known him.

“Now that’s my friend.” Jimin said again finally smiling for the first time since he stepped inside the room.

Taehyung pouted and punched his best friend again earning a loud yelp which turn to laugh soon after.

They need a few moments before the laughter went down and restarted their conversation again about how to change Jungkook’s answer from ‘I don’t know’ to ‘I love you, me Jimin’ okay not that far of, ‘I like you too’ was enough for Jimin, at least for now.

So after a long planning they finished their plan and named it ‘Jungkook Don’t Run Away I’m Not a Creep Operation’. They decided that Jimin had to start all over again in wining Jungkook’s heart by using a normal kind of way instead of the creep way he had been using all this time. But he needed to be careful not to scare the younger more, because they absolutely didn’t want the ‘I don’t know’ turned to ‘ off, creep’.

“Okay, you have to meet him, and greet him. Don’t be too obvious but don’t be too subtle either. Just normally greet him. You guys can start off as a friend, that’s the normal way.” Taehyung said as he ruffled Jimin’s hair before he walked off back to his own room.

Jimin walked back and plopped down on his bed staring at the ceiling as he sighed and closing his eyes.

‘It’s okay, Jungkook will like me.’ He muttered inside his mind before he fell asleep soon after.

~

Jungkook sat on his desk, trying to distract himself with the math problem in front of him which he hadn’t able to solve even after staring at it for the last hour. Jungkook groaned before he gave up as he placed his forehead on top of the table and closed his eyes. The memories of a certain short senior kept playing inside his head since yesterday when that person suddenly confessed to him out of nowhere.

Jungkook was shocked beyond words when Jimin suddenly held both of his hands and confessed to him and asked him to be his boyfriend. That he had liked Jungkook for quite some time and the reason he kept coming to visit the younger was because he wanted to see him.

Jungkook was doubting his answer to Jimin, he thought maybe he should just plainly reject the older and then maybe he could sleep peacefully after that, but instead, he gave the most ambiguous answer ever, the ‘I don’t know’ seemed like he neither didn’t quite accepted nor rejected the older and he felt so bad about giving such answer.

He was racking up his mind thinking of how he should met Jimin again, and how he should give the older a more specific answer. But to be honest, that was what Jungkook really felt to Jimin, he didn’t know. Sometimes he wanted to kick Jimin out of his room but sometimes when Jimin didn’t come he couldn’t help but to look at the window as he waited him, sometimes he wanted to push Jimin off his bed but sometimes he missed Jimin’s warm body snuggled up close to him. So Jungkook was indeed confused whether he liked Jimin or whether he hated him, whether he hated him more or whether he liked him more.

Before he knew it was already midnight, Jungkook looked up the clock before he looked at the window, hoping maybe someone would knock on it and jumped inside his room. But, the room only filled with silence, so Jungkook decided to just sleep.

The next day Jimin didn’t come, and the next day, and the next day too, Jungkook spend his whole night tossed and his bed wondering if he hurt Jimin or if Jimin was angry at him or both.

            It was only afternoon when someone knocked on Jungkook’s door, the boy opened his door soon after only to see someone he thought he would never be able to see ever again.

“Hi.” Jimin waved and smiled to Jungkook as soon as he opened the door.

“…Hi.” Jungkook stunned for a moment before he answer back and welcome Jimin inside.

It was weird for both of them because it was the first that Jimin came through his door and the first time he came at a reasonable time as a normal guest visiting Jungkook.

            Jungkook walked behind Jimin before he stopped and turned to look at Jungkook scratching his head awkwardly, Jungkook didn’t understand what happened at first. Why Jimin would just stand awkwardly inside his room and not sitting everywhere he pleases as he used to.

“Uhm…you can sit there.” Jungkook said as he motioned Jimin to sit on the chair.

Jimin sat down as Jungkook also sat down on the edge of his bed. They were facing each other but didn’t really look at each other.

They kept silent for a minute or two before Jungkook cleared his throat and started talking.

“So, how are you?” Jungkook punched himself in his mind for asking, that was making it more awkward.

Jimin lifted up his face to look at Jungkook as he smiled to him and Jungkook felt his heart jumped at that.

“I just want to meet you, you know, normally.” Jimin hung his head low again soon after and that was the first time Jungkook actually seen Jimin act like that, where was the ever over confident and cocky senior he used to know?

“Oh.” Jungkook said and it fell silent again.

“S-sunbae.” Jungkook started off as Jimin just answered him with an ‘Hmm’.

“I’m sorry if I might hurt you.” Jimin lifted his head and saw Jungkook smiling slightly at him and he could see that the younger was sincere.

“No, it’s okay. I might have scared you a little, I’m sorry too.” Jimin smiled back at him and Jungkook found himself avoiding the older’s gaze as he couldn’t handle it.

“Yeah.”

Jimin chuckled at that, “You’re so honest.”

“Ah, no, I mean, I’m sorry.” Jungkook was flustered he might hurt Jimin’s feelings again with his answer.

“So I was wondering if you want to be friend with me, I know it might be too much to ask but I-I really don’t want you to think of me as a weird or bad person.” Jungkook didn’t know why Jimin could be so cute while stuttering like that as he found himself smiled at his senior.

“I never thought of you as a bad person, well, weird maybe but not bad.” Jungkook smiled trying to convince Jimin that he was sincere that he never thought of Jimin as a bad person, his way of flirting might be a bit weird but Jungkook knew that Jimin was sincere.

“Thanks I guess.”   

“But are you okay being friend with a first year?” Jungkook asked Jimin slightly joking but deep down he was worried to and he was wondering how it would feel to be friend with someone like Jimin.

“Of course, being senior and junior has nothing to do with it.” Jimin nodded to Jungkook a few times.

“Then please take care of me.” Jungkook sat up as he walked to Jimin and offered his hand to the older for a handshake.

Jimin sat up too before he slightly wiped his sweaty hand from all the nervousness to his black jeans before he gripped Jungkook’s hand on his, shook it, and smiled back.

“Please take care of me too.”

-

Jungkook was sitting in his desk inside his class while reading some kind of book during his break.

“Jungkook-ah someone’s looking for you!” One for Jungkook’s classmate screamed from the door as Jungkook looked at him before he moved his gaze to the person who stood behind his classmate.

“Jimin sunbae?” Jungkook widened his eyes as he stood up from his chair while Jimin smiled and waved at him. The other girls was going crazy and kept whispering here and there adoring Jimin’s present.

Well, Jungkook thought they were over reacting but it was understandable since it was really hard to see your senior because even though the junior and the senior’s classrooms were at the same building, the senior was on the third floor while the junior was in the first and second floor and usually their class started earlier and ended later than the junior’s because of the extra classes so it was pretty much impossible for the junior to ‘accidentally’ bumped into the senior unless they were purposely came just like what Jimin did.

“Hi, Jungkook.” Jimin showed his signature eye smile as he walked toward Jungkook while everyone froze at their place and watched them. Jungkook didn’t really felt comfortable at all the attention he suddenly got since he didn’t really like people looking at him.

“Do you need something?” Jungkook asked.

“Hmm, not really I just want to visit you, hey can I sit here?” Jimin said before he turned to the girl who sat in front of Jungkook with wide open before she nervously nodded and stood up and motioning Jimin to take her seat.

“Thanks.” Jimin smiled at her and the girl’s face turned extremely red before she ran furiously to her friend who watched from outside.

Jimin sat on the girl’s chair facing Jungkook as Jungkook sat back too trying to ignore all the spectators as much as he could.

“Have you eat lunch?” Jimin asked while looking at the awkward Jungkook.

“No, not yet.” Jungkook shook his head.

“Then let’s eat together.” Jimin stood up from his seat.

“You know, our canteen is separated right?” Jungkook asked hesitantly but still standing up as well.

“Well, I can eat at yours or you can eat at mine.” Jimin offered and Jungkook looked curiously at that.

“Can we do that?”

“Of course, no rules said we can’t.” Jimin said excitedly.

“But I never have seen anyone done that before.” Jungkook said again.

“That’s because no one ever try it before.” Well, that was logical, Jungkook thought. Why would a junior dare to go to the senior’s canteen and why the senior would go all the trouble just to go to the junior’s canteen on the first floor when they had their own?

“So, yours or mine?” Jimin asked once again.

Jungkook didn’t give him any answer.

“We’ll just eat at yours.” Jimin grabbed Jungkook’s hand as he dragged his junior out while everyone looked at them as they walked to the cafeteria.

Jimin was right, nobody scold them or told them off as Jimin walked to the junior’s cafeteria with Jungkook, well they were still surrounded by the curious eyes but that was it, Jungkook didn’t even realized it himself when did he start relaxing and ignoring all the stares as he just enjoyed conversing with Jimin.

“Can I go to your room tonight?” Jimin asked as he realized that the break almost over.

“You never ask for permission before.” Jungkook smiled cheekily as Jimin slightly hit his arm as he laughed because he knew Jungkook was finally feeling comfortable by being with him and Jimin couldn’t ask for more.

“That’s why I’m asking right now.” Jimin said slightly pouted and Jungkook found that very cute he needed to clench his fist to prevent him from pinching his senior’s cheeks.

“Don’t come through the window.” Jungkook said as they started walking out of the cafeteria together.

“I won’t.” Jimin nodded at that.

“Don’t sneak out at midnight.” Jungkook said again.

Jimin nodded again “Got it, I’ll come at afternoon.”

“Okay then.” Jungkook smiled as they finally reached his classroom.

“See you then, sunbae.” Jungkook smiled as he waved and Jimin waved back at him before he walked back inside his classroom and soon was surrounded by his entire classmate asking him about what happened.

-

Jimin really did come to Jungkook’s room after that. He sat on Jungkook’s bed while waiting for the younger to finish his homework. Jimin silently watch Jungkook from behind while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter