Chapter 3 : 14 June 1992 Part Two

Unsaid Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In one of the rooms in Yang’s Residence

Night.

 

“ Can you make some the mint tea with ginseng extract, Katherine?” Miae’s mother asked the older woman next to her while checking the pulse of someone. She has been look after theirs cousin-in-law.

 

 “ Okay.” Katherine nodded her head few times before went out from the bedroom to the kitchen.

 

 “ Is something wrong with Sarah? Liana nudged the doctor who just finished touching the weak woman. Sarah has already wake up after fainting for an hour ago.

 

Miae’s mother is startled by the question thrown by her husband’s cousin wife. She forgot that there are five other women with her in the room. She has been immersed in her thought for a while before the question is asked.

 

“ Why you are shocked?” Julia asked.

 

“ Nothing, meimei.”

 

“Just tell us.” Katherine closes the room’s door with her left arm. She was holding the tray that has teapot and few of cups. She knew that they would drink the tea together so she includes some dessert too.

 

“ Better tells us quickly. They must been waiting us for long time in the main hall.” Hina slowly speak out her opinion. She is the shyest among them.

 

“ Jisook. We can bring Sarah to the hospital for treatment earlier.” Mayumi added. She was the oldest among them.

 

Miae’s mother sighed after hear what the other women told she. She glance Sarah a bit moment. Sarah who sat lean her back onto the bed’s headboard gives her a smile. She signaling that she ready to accept anything. The others also give full concentration to hear what Jisook will say.

 

“ Sarah just felt fatigue a bit because she is pregnant about one week less or more.”

 

The remains women blink their eyes couple time before exclaimed an excitement. The pregnant one also included. This was her first time to pregnant. She carefully patted her stomach.

 

“ I will go to tell them. Enjoy some tea with desert.” Jisook excused herself from the room.

 

 

I should be happy too but I can’t help to felt some jealous. They have a son. That what she thought after stopped in the corridor. The corridor is in between the sleep chamber and the main hall. She was in process to tell the waiting mens.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

At Main hall.

 

There was group of peoples waiting in the hall. After what happened to Sarah, all of the family members gathering in the hall to waiting. The others relative who supposed arrive tomorrow also make the appearances.

 

  In the hall, there is big seven yellowish cushion nicely placed for the selected person to sit down. It was for the Seven Jades. They are the selected heirs of the family founders. The others sat down on the dark red cushion near them.

 

      The current Seven Jades are ChengHao, Joseph, Sanxing, Arman, Jungsik ( Miae’s father), Hajime Abe and Asahi Masamune in the order of influence . They are the pillars of the family because they are the direct descendants. In the between of them are their children who still young. But

 

All of the adults converse very well with each other to decrease the tense that going on. While the older kids begin running around their parents and the empty space that not occupied by the adults. Some also went out near the garden. After all, the Yang’s Residence can accommodate 300 hundred person at one time. But their family members are only forty something at the moments.

 

 

When Jisook show up at the Main Hall’s first door, everyone went to silent. Because the space in the hall already seem full from, she decides to give information from the door.

 

“ Sarah is fine. Congratulation to SanXing for bearing a son.” She shout very loud in Mandarin to ensure everyone can hear. She repeated the same sentences in different languages for the other cousin-in-law and the younger kids to hear. Most of the family member can speak the Mandarin and Cantonese with the exception for someone who enters the family through marriage.

 

As expected after she delivers the good news in English, the rest of the family members immediately stand up and went to SanXing to congratulate him. Some people tidy up the cushions very neat and place them near the wall to make some space for people to gather near the SanXing.

 

Jisook can saw the happiness sign in everyone face including her mother in-law and aunt-in-law. Especially the SanXing’s mothers who are happen to her professor’s wife during her university days. She must be happy to hear that her only daughter-in-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter