Worried

Worried

Jin's foot tapped nervously as he stared out the car window. All he could see were colorful blobs that passed by much too quickly to decifer what they were. He came to the conclusion that they were umbrellas that shielded the citizens from the dreadful rainfall that only started about half an hour ago. 

Jin was swept away in a scew of thoughts as he listened to the soft pitter patter of the rain hitting the window. He had just gotten a call from Namjoon that Yoongi was taken to the hospital due to a dangerously high fever and excessive vomitting. 

He was fine this morning when I left, Jin thought to himself while checking his phone for the umpteenth time. Namjoon had said he would call Jin when they arrived at the hospital. That was an hour ago. 

Despite the likelihood that Yoongi was only sick with the flu, Jin couldn't help but worry. As the "mother" of BTS, and Yoongi's hyung, he will do his best to make Yoongi well again.

After another half hour in traffic, Jin finally arrived at the hospital. Thanks to their managers quick thinking, Jin already knew where to go. 

With long strides and heavy steps, Jin had finally reached Yoongi's assigned room. Knocking on the door softly, Jin entered the pale white room. 

The other memebers of BTS turned to meet the gaze of the eldest hyung, and smiled in acknowledgement. 

Jimin approached Jin first. 

"Hyung, i'm glad you're here. What took you so long?" Jimin whispered as to not disturb Yoongi who was sleeping.

"I came as fast as I could. The traffic is horrible because of the rain," Jin pouted as he took a seat next to the hospital bed. "Once we arrived, I ran up here. I completely forgot about the supplies I brought with me," Jin says with an exasperated sigh, hoping their manager will bring said items with him when he arrives.

The elder ran long fingers through his hair as he finally took a glance at Yoongi. 

Yoongi's skin was pale, and there were dark bags under his eyes. His pink lips were slightly open, and his chest rose up and down in a constant pattern. He seems ok now, Jin thinks with relief. 

"The doctor said it is just the flu, hyung," Namjoon explains. I knew it, Jin chuckles to himself.

"They gave him some medicine to help with the fever. They told us to just let him rest for now, and take him home when he's awake," Namjoon continues.

"You guys go on and head home. I'll stay with Yoongi," Jin says as he settles in the stiff hospital chair. The other members nod in agreement, unwilling to argue with their eldest hyung. 

The members grab their things and say their goodbye's as they leave the room.

Once the room is empty, Jin stands and walks over to the side of Yoongi's bed. He places a hand on the youngers forehead to feel his tempertaure. Its only slightly warm. Namjoon was right. The fever is going down, Jin thinks thankfully. 

A soft groan interrupts his thoughts and Jin removes his hand. 

"Yoongi? You awake?" Jin asks quietly. Jin puts a hand on Yoongi's arm and shakes it gently. 

Yoongi's eyes crack open slightly, looking as if he's flinching. He mumbles something inaudibly, and Jin frowns. 

"Huh?" Jin says as he leans in closer. "Trash can," Yoongi says again earnestly. Jin has to keep himself from shuddering as he feels Yoongi's breath on his neck. 

Finally registering why Yoongi needed a trash can in the first place, Jin quickly sprung into action and managed to get the tin cylinder before Yoongi vomitted all over the floor. 

The sound of gut wrenching gags filled the room. Jin put one hand on Yoongi's back and the other on his shoulder to steady him. Once he was done, Yoongi set the trash can down and laid back with a groan. 

Jin brought the trash can outside, and quickly returned inside to grab a rag. He made his way to Yoongi, and gently wiped the youngers face. Jin stared attentively, focusing intensely on his task, as Yoongi blushed slightly under Jin's gaze. 

"H-hyung, it's ok. I can do it," Yoongi says shyly, trying to grab the rag. Jin quickly snaps his hand away and protests. The two stare at each other in shock. 

"Ah, sorry Yoongi," Jin apologizes, blushing slightly. "I was just worried. You seemed fine this morning, so when Namjoon called me that you were in the hospital...I don't know I just...I was scared...and worried," Jin explains, his eyebrows furrowing.

Yoongi frowns slightly, guilt suddenly overwhelming him. He didn't mean for the others to be affected. Especially Jin. He didn't want them to worry about him, so he neglected to tell the other members that he was feeling ill in the days prior. In the end, however, he had caused a problem.

"Hyung, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm ok now. It's just the flu," Yoongi comforts Jin.

The two stare at each other in silence, and Jin brings his hand up to brush away Yoongi's bangs. Jin leans in and plants a kiss on the youngers forehead and smiles. 

"I know. Now get some rest. I'll have Manager-hyung take us home later. You're still too sick to leave," Jin says.

Yoongi nods and smiles before slowly closing his eyes and falling into a peaceful slumber.