Meeting

Enchanted

" Xiu Ting ah, hurry up! We're late for school! " 

" Coming! "

She came rushing out, biting a bread in , while struggling to wear her shoes. He then picks her bag up for her, preparing to leave.

" Chanhee oppa, can we get some ice cream on the way back from home? My treat today! " 

" Sure, then I'll pick the most expensive one. "

" No! I'm choosing, since im paying! "

He smiles.

Chan Hee and Xiu Ting were childhood friends ever since they were born. They live beside each other, as their parents were best friends. They played together, bathed together, had sleepovers, and did almost everything together. Being the big brother type, he always can't take his eyes off the troublesome xiu ting for long. To him, she's like a child - innocent, blur and kind. She loves cracking lame jokes, but he too, always laughs along with them.

" Hey, your bow is crooked. " 

He mumbles, as he helps to straighten it without any hesitation before entering the school.

" Oppa, you're the best! See you after school! "

He smiled, once again,

" Xiu Ting ah, why were you so late today? I had sooo many things to talk to you about! "

" Well, you can tell me now, right? "

" I gave my love letter to bo gum sunbaenim! "

" Whose that? "

" You don't know? He's the coolest guy in school! "

" Really? I see... "

" What, you don't even seem amazed at all! " 

" Well, thats because I believe in the heart more than the looks, I guess? "

" My my, what a innocent girl! Good looking guys are god's gifts, you know! "

He walks past, turning his head, noticing this particular girl while strolling down the corridor. This is park bo gum. The most good looking guy in school. Calm, collected, occasionally a little conceited. Alongside with the best results in school, best conduct and also won the most amount of awards. He is someone a little harsh, but deep down really kind and sweet. After hearing what the girl said, he became curious. Why would there even be a girl who would not be attracted by his looks? Is this girl really interested in kind hearts more than appearances? As he continued walking, he noticed a student handbook lying around on the floor and picked it up. 

" Kim xiu ting, huh? " 

He chuckled.

" Looks funny. " 

He then checked what her class was and decided to bring it to her. 

" Excuse me, I'm looking for Kim Xiu Ting. " 

A group of noisy girls noticed him instead.

" Bo Gum Sunbae?! "

" Oh my god! "

" He's sooo hot. " 

" I'm looking for Kim Xiu Ting. "

" Oh, sunbae, Xiu Ting's having her daily nap. How about me instead? "

Ignoring her words, he walked straight to Xiu Ting's table, smacking her head with her handbook. 

" Sorry teacher! " 

She blurted out, thinking that it was a teacher who did it.

" Come out with me. " 

He said calmly, while trying to control his laughter.

" Yes? " 

" You dropped this just now. "

" Thank yo- " 

" Do I look like I'm returning it to you? "

" Are you not? "

" Only on a condition. "

" What? " 

" You have to make me lunch for a week, and treat me on the weekends. " 

" What if i say no? "

" Only for a week. " 

" Fine. "

" So today, after school... "

" No, I have something on today, sorry. "

" Tomorrow then, a lunchbox, alright?  Bring it to the garden bench. We will have lunch together. "

" Together? "

" Yup. See you. " 

As she returned to class, all the girls surrounded her with countless questions. Being the kind of girl she is, she ignored all of them and went back to nap.

" Xiu Ting ah, why do you look so tired today? "

" Oppa, what would you do if you lost your handbook and the person who picked it up requested something weird from you? "

" Why? Someone did? "

"Mhm. "

" What did he ask for? "

" Well, its fine! Lets get some ice cream! "

" Silly girl. " 

--

Bo Gum removed his shoes and laid on his bed. 

" What should I ask her to make tomorrow? " 

He thought, while tossing and turning on his bed, 

" Eggs? Fried chicken? Fish? Hmmmm... " 

Finally, he decided on something and took his phone out to text that particular girl.

" I want omelete rice, japanese style. Also, with some fried chicken. -BoGum " 

After ten minutes came a reply.

" Alright "

To him, this was really unusual. Any girl would be happy to death, just by recieving a text from him, let alone such a long text. However, this girl did not even seem in the least happy. He stared at his ceiling, dumbfounded.

--

" Here's your lunch. I don't think its good, but I guess its... Alright? "

" Thanks. " 

He took a bite, and it took him by surprise. He never expected her to be able to cook, let alone cook well. It was delicious. 

" Yummy! " 

" R-really? Hehe, thank you. "

" It's my first time seeing you smile. You look pretty when you smile. "

She blushed. It was her first time recieving such comments about her cooking. Usually, Chan Hee did the cooking. He was so good at it that everyone loved his cooking. Even though she secretly up-ed her cooking skills, she never had the courage to let anyone else try, as she was afraid that it was not as good as Chan Hee's food.

" Hey, what are your hobbies? " 

" Hm? I like to cook, paint, and sing, i guess? Ah! And I love to play the violin, too. " 

" Really? I can play the piano. But I've always wanted to learn playing the violin. "

" Ah! Me too, I've always wanted to learn playing the piano as well! " 

" Then I guess, maybe sometime we can teach each other? " 

" Yes! " 

" Well, class is starting, I'll see you tomorrow? " 

" Alright, bo gum sunbae. See you tomorrow. " 

" How about oppa? "
" Bo Gum Oppa. " 

He smiled, real huge. Never had he felt so happy when someone called him " Oppa ". He grinned from ear to ear, while walking back to his classroom. 

It was her first time calling another boy in school other than Chan Hee " Oppa. " She felt kind of embarrassed, but it was natural as she hardly hung out with any boys at all, only Chan Hee. 

 

Because of one meeting,

                  one sentence,

                  they became friends.

Because of one word,

                  they became closer,

                  one step at a time.