1-1

Limelight

It has been a week after Joy and Yeri’s fourth interview about their upcoming debut and the press is still in an uproar after the two personally requested to work with Kang Seulgi and Wendy Son.

 

Things aren’t going as planned as the famous choreographer and vocal coach haven’t confirmed anything about working with them. Joy and Yeri are starting to get annoyed at the fact that there isn’t much time left before their debut.

 

“These interviews are starting to get pointless if we don’t get them now.” Joy said annoyingly as she sits on the dining table, Yeri already eating the food in front of her.

 

“You’re right, unnie. People are expecting us to be trained by them. It would be embarrassing if we suddenly change our minds.” Yeri sighed.

“Should we ask for mom’s help?”

 

Joy looks agitated at her sister’s suggestion but she realized that it might actually work.

 

“If that’s the only choice we have left, mom should be able to convince them. I’ll try to talk to her about it.”

 

“Okay. Good luck unnie.”

 

---

 

“Mom, you’re the only one who would be able to convince them. We already did so many interviews and yet they keep ignoring us. We’re getting tired of this.” Joy ranted to Irene but was met with a cold glare.

 

“You’re giving me so much headache right now. Who told you to tell the press that you wanted to work with them? And now you want me to fix this mess. Go back to practice or just go home!”

 

Irene went back to signing all the contracts that was in her desk. Joy didn’t leave the room and instead grabbed the pen from her mother’s hand.

 

“Ahh!! Umma!!!” Joy whined but was returned with a smack from Irene. So much for trying to “talk” it out with her mother.

 

“I told you to not call me that when we’re at the office!” Irene said, annoyed at the sight of her eldest daughter whining.

 

“But you’re the last chance we have! You’re the CEO of SM and no one would be able to decline you!!”

 

Irene held her scrunched forehead and tried to calm herself down.

 

“Umma! Pleaseeee?!” Joy says as she pouts and kneels in front of her mother.

 

“Aish this kid! Fine. I’ll try to find a way to get them. This is the last time I’m gonna fix your me-”

 

Before Irene could even finish her sentence Joy stood up and went to hug her so tight she thought she wouldn’t be able to breathe again.

 

“THANK YOU UMMA! YOU’RE THE BEST! SARANGHAMNIDA!!” Joy exclaimed earning another smack on her head.

 

“LET GO OF ME!”


 

---


 

The sound of heels echoed on the floor along with the hushed silence of the employees as their boss, Irene Bae, walks to her office.

 

She opens the door at the sight of Manager Kim evidently nervous while sitting in front of her table.

 

Irene already knew the bad news she’s about to hear so she decided to talk first before Manager Kim could even bow.

 

“After all the press you’ve done, you still can’t get Kang Seulgi and Wendy Son? What have you been doing Manager Kim?” Irene asked, surprisingly in a calm tone.

 

“I’ve tried contacting Ms. Son’s manager directly but they said she’s fully booked for the next 4 months.”

 

“And Kang Seulgi?”

 

“She and her manager aren’t even answering my calls Ms. Bae.”

 

What kind of nerve.

 

Irene sighed knowing that there are only 2 months left before the scheduled debut of Little Devils.

 

“I can’t believe they’re ignoring us Ms. Bae. To think that the biggest company wants to hire them and we’re giving them the opportunity to train the successors of our company.”

 

Manager Kim tried her best to explain but Irene already knows this.

 

“You don’t have to go that far Manager Kim. If they continue to do this then I guess I would have to talk to them myself.”

 

“B-but Ms. Bae, we couldn’t even get in touch with them. What if they don’t come to the meeting?”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m sure they will.”

 

“You are dismissed Manager Kim. You may leave the room.”

 

As soon as Manager Kim left the room, Irene grabbed her phone to call her personal secretary.

 

“Secretary Jung, schedule me a meeting with Kang Seulgi and Wendy Son. It would be better if I meet them at the same time. Also keep this a secret from the press. I want this meeting to be very private. ”

 

 

---

A/N: I know I said that I'll be posting the first chapter the next day but so much things came up. Sorry about that T-T