001

Too Late

"FOUND IT" Wonwoo shouted with a tinge of pride as he pulled his phone out from a pile of underwear while it rang for the twentieth time. 

Gyu, read the caller ID. 

Wonwoo's heat skipped a beat as he cleared his throat, heat rushing to his cheeks. 

"Pick it up you moron. You're so in love, it's disgusting." Soonyoung shouted as he ran to Wonwoo's side, unlocked the phone and pushed it to his friend's ear. The other members gathering around.

"H.. Hyung.. Wha.. What took yo.u s.. ss.. sso long.." the angelic voice spoke through the speaker in sobs, 'he.. help.. help me.. help.. help us.. we.. They.. PLEASE WONWOO HYUNG WHERE ARE YOU" Mingyu's sobs gradually turned into screams as he got violent and soon after, he was breaking down. 

 

Something was wrong. 

Very wrong. 

 

What's happening, mouthed Jun upon noticing how sweaty and cold Wonwoo's hand was as it gripped onto his. A wave of fear and panic flickered through Wonwoo's eyes and he switched the call to loud speaker with his trembling fingers.

"Hyung.. Please.... he.. We tried to run and.. and Seungkwan was just protecting me and I.. He.. They.. Hyung answer me. I'm really scared.." Mingyu's cries got desperate when no reply was made. 

 

Jeon Wonwoo. Calm down. Breathe. Mingyu needs you. You have to stay calm. 

 

Wonwoo took a shaky breath as he tried his best to register all that had been said. "Mingyu. Calm down. It's me, Wonwoo hyung. Seungcheol went out with Jeonghan hyung and Jisoo hyung. They're not back. Just breathe, calm down and tell me what's happening."

"They.. They came for Seungkwan again. We tried to run but.. but.. this boy was dumb enough to protect me instead of running away.. and they.. He.. He won't wake up.. They're..We.. They're coming soon. We're hiding.. I.." Mingyu spoke through uncontrollable sobs. 

'Screw this. Wonwoo hyung what do we do. Where are the hyungs when we need them?!" Seokmin muttered under his breath, kicking the chair in front of him in frustration as he rubbed his face while Soonyoung paced up and down.

 

"Mingyu, listen carefully and do as I say now." Wonwoo said, trying to sound as calm as he could though his heart was close to exploding. 

Mingyu must not be in danger. It's all up to you now, Jeon Wonwoo. You can't let that happen to Mingyu.

"Don't move from where you are now and you have to stop crying. They'll hear you. Make sure that Seungkwan or whoever that is, is close to you and don't move him, alright? Now, talk softly. Where are you hiding?" Wonwoo questioned, grabbing his jacket as he motioned for Jun, Soonyoung and Seokmin to do the same. 

"Under a bridge, not far away from school.." Mingyu answered quietly but soon turned into sniffles as he asked," Wonwoo hyung.. I'm believing in you. Please come fast.. I'm counting on you.."

 

Yes Mingyu, count on me. 

But..

Who's Seungkwan?

 

"Don't worry,Mingyu. Hyung's coming." were the last words that left Wonwoo's lips as he slipped on his shoes and dragged Soonyoung out, the rest following tightly behind.

 

"Where is he?" Soonyoung asked, mainting his speed with Wonwoo as they ran. 

"Under a bridge, Near school." Wonwoo panted, quickening his speed. 

At that moment, he was really thankful for Seungcheol hyung dragging him out every moring to run. 

"Thank god it's near. Wonwoo Hyung. Hang in there. Mingyu and his friend, they need us." Seokmin encouraged before asking, "Why not a cab though?" 

"Look around us." Wonwoo panted again, before continuing, "and i left my wallet at home"

Of all places, why did the hyungs choose such a deserted yet private place to move into? Ugh, yes, something about privacy and good security BUT no cabs. 

The rest nodded their heads before pulling Wonwoo as they sped up. 

 

They soon arrived at the bridge, where there was barely even a single sign of life except for cyclists passing by. 

"How are we going to find him?" Jun asked rolling his sleeves up as sweat trickled down his neck like a waterfall. 

"Should we split up?" Seokmin suggested, looking around. 

"We can't. If we do and we run into those gangsters, it'll be one of us against all of them It'll be no help" Soonyoung panted, as he wiped his sweat away.

 

"HELP" A familiar voice echoed through before kicks and screamings were heard. 

"There." Wonwoo shouted, clenching his fists as he ran towards the source of the cries.

When they arrived they were greeted by the sight of the familiar slightly tanned, tall boy, Mingyu, shielding another boy, who was smaller than him and unconscious, with his body as kicks were delivered. 

"S, STOP IT" Wonwoo shouted as he delivered a flying kick onto the back on one of the attackers, only to be faced by Kim Jiwon, a member from the infamous gang, iKON, also, the gang which everyone feared. They had been a long time enemy of Seventeen's but a physical fight had never usually happened between them. 

"Why why. Isn't it our friends from Seventeen?" Jiwon smirked, patting Wonwoo on the shoulder as the other fellow members stopped, holding their batons on their shoulders. 

"Screw off. Leave them alone." Wonwoo hissed as he swat off Jiwon's hand on his shoulder. 

"You can take your boy but not Seungkwan.. Hanbin wants him you see. He owes us some stuff.," Jiwon replied, cocking his head to the side as he motioned to the unconscious boy with chubby cheeks, who was tightly in Mingyu's embrace. 

"They're coming with us" Wonwoo growled, word by word. 

"Ayy, this isn't how it goes. You take your boy, we take ours." Jiwon replied as he took another step towards Wonwoo. 

"He's ours." Soonyoung said, breaking the strong glare betweeen the duo.

"You think we're three year olds? You guys underestimate us too much." Jiwon snorted as a dark expression flickered onto his face before motioning for the others to attack. 

Thank god, Seungcheol hyung often held trainings with B.A.P, boosting their fighting skills. Nonetheless, the boys were familiar with this as before Jeonghan hyung joined them, he was often harrassed by gangs in his university for being an ulzzang and poor. Apparently, the head of one of the gangs had asked Jeonghan out but not only did that hidden diva turn the guy down, he even kicked him in the nuts and was almost beaten up to death. Till now, the harrassing was still often and the boys would often be called up by Seungcheol whenever Jeonghan was in trouble. It was obvious that they had a thing for each other.. though Seungcheol hyung would always deny. 

Jun started tackling those with weapons. Honestly, it was amazing how Jun could handle most of them without even hurting a hair on himself, it must be due to his years of martial arts. Oh wells, he didn't learn for nothing. Meanwhile, Soonyoung and Seokmin were fighting the rest while Wonwoo dealt with Jiwon. It took not long before the group of four were scurrying away. 

 

Upon falling sight on Mingyu, who was still cowering in fear and hugging onto his friend with a slightly awkward wrist, Wonwoo's heart broke into pieces. 

"Mingyu.." Wonwoo muttered, squatting beside the younger latter as he rested his hand on his head. 

"Hyung!" Mingyu shouted, throwing his long arms around Wonwoo, tears streaming down his face and soaking Wonwoo's pullover as the younger latter clutched onto him tightly. 

"I.. I'm sorry we took so long Mingyu.. I'm sorry" Wonwoo muttered, holding his tears back as he ran his hand through the younger latter's hair while his other hand rubbed Mingyu's back, "it'll never happen again. I promise."

"He's out" Jun said, breaking the hug as he slapped the latter, lying on the ground, a few more times. 

"I.. I've been trying to wake Seungkwan up.. but he isn''t.." Mingyu said through sniffles, before turning his attention to Wonwoo again, "Wonwoo hyung. He'll wake up won't he?" 

"He'll be alright Mingyu, I'm sure. He'll be fine. Let's get your wrist fixed, alright? I think it's broken." Wonwoo said comfortingly as he pulled Mingyu up, "let's go. The hyungs are probably worried. Stop crying okay?" 

 

And so, they made their way home, dragging Seungkwan. One of his arm over Jun and the other over Soonyoung while Seokmin carried two school bags. Wonwoo was holding onto Mingyu, who was by then kicking pebbles along the roadside. 

"Your wrist is painful isn't it?" Wonwoo asked, his heart sinking upon looking at how it was awkwardly twisted.

"It's alright hyung." Mingyu replied, a smile creeping onto his face as he slipped his hand into Wonwoo's, locking their fingers together, "thank you for coming."

Wonwoo could feel blood gushing to his face immediately as a warm sensation spread through his cheeks. Seokmin started coughing hysterically as he gave a slight smirk before looking away. 

"Seokmin hyung, are you okay? Are the bags too heavy?" Mingyu asked, his innocent eyes widening as he casted Mingyu a concerned look. 

"Yep. Yep, I'm okay. I'm okay asI carry two bags while you two hold hands. It's a nice image to see" Seokmin replied, as he laughed hysterically and said, "Wonwoo hyung pabo (stupid)"

It was greeted by Mingyu's confusing look as he noticed Wonwoo's death glare towards Seokmin. The look of Mingyu looking like a lost sheep almost made Wonwoo want to hug him forever and never let go as the burning sensation returned to his cheeks. 

"You should have brought your wallet," Soonyoung groaned before smirking again as he maintained eye contact and mouthed, "Pabo(stupid)"

 

As they arrived at the doorstep, the door flung open simultaneously and they were greeted by a hollering Jeonghan. 

"WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN. DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE WERE. I'VE BEEN BLOWING YOUR PHONES UP BUT HOW IS IT THAT NONE OF YOOU ACTUALLY ANSWER YOUR PHONES. IS IT THAT HARD FOR YOU TO STAY HOME? AND HOW CAN U NOT LOCK THE DOOR OR BRING THE KEYS WITH YOU OR LEAVE A NOTE WHEN YOU'RE GOING OUT. I THOUGHT YOU WERE KIDNAPPED. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR- Ohmygod. What happened???" Jeonghan immediately quietened down as he fell sight on Seungkwan slumped over Jun and Soonyoung

"My goodness, who is this boy? Mingyu, are you okay?" Jeonghan questioned as he pulled Mingyu into a hug, "CHOI SEUNGCHEOL. HONG JISOO. COME HERE. NOW" Jeonghan hollered, taking Soonyoung and Jun's places as he motioned for Wonwoo to bring Mingyu in first. 

Seungcheol and Jisoo immediately dashed out from their rooms, with Seungcheol stopping in front of Wonwoo and Mingyu as he took the bags from Seokmin.

"Mingyu. Are you okay?" Seungcheol asked, his eyes scanning all over him as he placed both arms on Seungcheol, "I'm sorry I couldn't be there. What do I do? I.."

"It's fine, hyung." Mingyu answered, awkwardly as Seungcheol patted him all over. 

"His wrist's just slightly twisted." Wonwoo replied awkwardly, clearing his throat. 

At that moment, Jeonghan shouted from the foot of the stairs, "CHOI SEUNGCHEOL. COME HHELP. APPARENTLY HONG JISOO CANT LIFT A HIGH SCHOOLER. COME PUT YOUR MUSCLES TO USE FOR ONCE, SEUNGCHEOL"

"OI. It's not my fault. Which high schooler actually has such chubby cheeks and such a cute potbelly. Look at Mingyu." Jisoo retaliated, making a grunt as he repositioned his grip on Seungkwan

"The first aid kit is at it's usual place" Seungcheol said, as he ran past the duo. 

 

As they entered the kitchen, it was not surprising to see Seokmin seated and stuffing himself with the Wenchang chicken that Jeonghan had just cooked. After all, Wenchang chicken was his favourite food

"BHEERE" Seokmin managed to say, with his mouth full as he motioned at the first aid kit he had alreay taken out. 

"Seokmin. Take your time. You're still going to stuff yourself with more chicken anyways.." Minghao muttered sheepishly, earning a death glare from Mingyu as he bit into another drumstick.

 

"Wonwoo hyung.. Thank you for coming today.. As expected.. It's only you I can count on" Mingyu said, giving Wonwoo a back hug as the older latter kept the first aid kit after his wrist had been iced and bandaged up. 

I'm just thankful you're fine, Wonwoo thought, a sigh of relief leaving him as he rested his head on Mingyu's shoulder. 

"Get a room. I don't want to choke on my chicken" Seokmin muttered as he took a sip of water. 

"Can you shut it, Seokmin. You always ruin their moment." Minghao rolled his eyes as he stuffed more chicken into Seokmin's mouth, "Just stuff yourself with all these chicken and don't talk anymore. How can you eat all these when Chan and Hansol aren't even back home yet. What are those poor boys going to eat? That's why Chan's not growing any taller! It's all because of you!"

"Mind your words Seok!" Wonwoo snapped as he covered Mingyu's ears. 

"Why do we have to get a room?" Mingyu asked, looking to and fro from Wonwoo to Mingyu to Minghao as Wonwoo turned a few shades redder while Seokmin choked on his chicken. 

Meanwhile, Minghao left immediately as Chan burst through the door yelling "HYUNGS. IM BACKK"

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------END---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

WOW, I've never spent so long on a fic before and my left wrist hurts really really bad rn..

Despite the fact that I did a poll on which group I should use, and B.A.P resulted with the highest votes as this involves gangsters and fighting, I can't fight my urge to use Svt and have some meanie angst ;;

You can locate me at: :)

http://www.twitter.com/SEUNGBOOBOO

I can't believe that there are actually people reading my fics and subscribing to them ;A;

Till my next update! :)

Please comment on how youre finding this so far as I'd really really love feedback :)