We Need You

We Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun leaned against the chair and watched Chanyeol silently from behind. He had come and accompanied Chanyeol who was in the middle of composing a new song. It was Chanyeol’s hobby and he was good at it. Sehun watched intently as Chanyeol’s fingers danced on the piano to create new melodies then wrote the notes down on a book.

“I am jealous of you, hyung.” Sehun suddenly blurted out, startling Chanyeol.

Chanyeol turned around on his chair and looked at Sehun with a confused expression. “Jealous of what?”

Sehun shrugged. “You are talented. You can rap, you can sing, you can act, and you can compose songs.”

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. “What makes you suddenly think like that?”

At this, Sehun’s face fell but he quickly covered it with a small smile. “I suddenly feel that I am talentless. Like what other people said about me. I can only dance, but even Jongin and Yixing-hyung are better.” Sehun said it in a casual tone, but Chanyeol knew Sehun was hurting inside.

“You know that’s not true. You are a really good dancer too. Don’t mind what other people are saying about you.” Chanyeol chided softly.

Sehun stayed silent for a moment. “But it’s hard not to.” Sehun muttered softly.

Chanyeol was about to say more when Sehun stood up and sent Chanyeol a smile. “I will go back now. See you later, hyung.” Without waiting for Chanyeol’s reply, Sehun walked out from the studio with a heavy heart.

 

 

Jongin looked at the clock and sighed. “Sehun, it’s almost midnight. Stop practicing. We have a schedule tomorrow.”

Sehun wiped his sweat with the towel and turned to Jongin. “You can go first. I still want to practice.”

Jongin followed Sehun’s movement as the younger walked toward the tape and played a song. It was their routine to practice dance together at night, but these past few weeks, Sehun had always practiced until dawn and it worried Jongin. He was afraid that Sehun’s body wouldn’t be able to hold it anymore.

“Why do you need to practice so hard?” It was a question Jongin had always wanted to ask but never had the gut too. But now, he really wanted to know.

Sehun catches Jongin’s gaze in the mirror. “Because it’s not enough.”

Jongin arched his eyebrows. “What’s not enough? You have been practicing like crazy. You always came back at 4 or 5 in the morning, even though we have schedule the next day. You will fall sick Sehun.” Jongin’s voice softened.

Sehun smiled bitterly. “No matter how much I practiced, people would still say I didn’t work hard enough. I just wanted to prove them wrong. Even since before our debut, I practiced every day, and I thought it was enough. But then I realized it was still not enough.”

Jongin sighed. “Is it because they said you were a lazy dancer? That is your dancing style and you know that. Don’t listen to those haters. Please..”

Sehun shook his head. “I will always be compared to you and Yixing-hyung. At first I didn’t mind, because you are right, our styles are different. But it hurt when they accused me for not working hard when I did. It hurts more than you think.”

Jongin steps closer to Sehun. “The way you dance is what makes you different from other people. Don’t let those haters take away your uniqueness. You are a great dancer. A lot of people have acknowledged it. So why you care about what those idiot people said? Why did you make yourself suffer?” Jongin stopped when he was right in front of Sehun.

Sehun hung his head low and he bit his lower lip to hold back his tears. Wordlessly, Jongin pulled Sehun into a hug and caressed his back soothingly.

“You are amazing the way you are Sehun.”

Sehun didn’t reply, instead he just hugged Jongin tighter.

 

 

Baekhyun chased after Sehun who ran off the stage right after their performance ended. He knew Sehun was not alright and he didn’t want to leave the younger alone. Baekhyun walked through the staffs as his eyes scanned for Sehun. When he spotted Sehun entering a room, Baekhyun quickened his pace and followed Sehun inside.

Sehun lifted his head in surprised when he heard someone opening the door to the empty waiting room.

“Hyung?” Sehun gasped when he saw Baekhyun entering the room before he closed the door behind him.

“Talk to me.” Baekhyun stared directly into Sehun’s eyes.

Sehun shifted uncomfortably on his spot. “What are you talking about? Talk about what?” Sehun avoided Baekhyun’s gaze.

Baekhyun pulled Sehun by his wrist and pushed Sehun down to sit on the small couch in the room. Baekhyun was standing in front of Sehun and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“I know you are blaming yourself right now. I know you cracked your voice when you were singing your part, and you hate yourself for it.” Baekhyun knew it would be better to be straightforward.

Sehun played with his fingers as he was still refusing to look at Baekhyun. “I screwed up again.” Sehun said in a small voice.

Baekhyun’s heart clenched at the hurt tone in Sehun’s voice. “What’s wrong Sehun? You sounded fine during the rehearsal.” Baekhyun kneeled down and forced Sehun to look at him.

Sehun’s eyes were glassy and his lips were quivering. “I-I was too nervous and I messed up. I really wanted to show people that I can sing, that I have improved, but I messed it up because I was too nervous. I am so stupid.” Sehun let his tears rolled down his cheeks. He just made a fool of himself. He had disappointed his fans and the haters would be more than happy to critique him again.

Baekhyun wiped the tears away while he was trying to hold back his own tears. “It’s alright Sehun. You will still have other chances to prove your ability. I know, all of us know, that you can do it. Don’t make this small mistake affect you.”

“I disappoint our fans, again.” Sehun sobbed harder.

“No, Sehun. They will understand and they will always support you. If you don’t want to disappoint them, you need to be stronger. Fans love our cute and sassy baby maknae. As long as you don’t change, everything’s going to be alright.”

“Is it?”

Baekhyun smiled. “Yes.”

 

 

Sehun was alone in his room he shared with Junmyeon. The leader was busy with his acting schedules and Sehun couldn’t help but to feel lonely. He decided to go to Minseok’s room because Minseok was the only member left in the dorm. The other members were busy with their own schedules

Sehun knocked on the door and waited for a reply from Minseok. “Come in.”

Sehun opened the door and went inside. Minseok was watching a drama in his laptop on the bed and he smiled when he saw Sehun.

“Hey, Sehunnie. What brings you here?” Minseok put his laptop aside and motioned Sehun to come to the bed.

Sehun gladly climbed to the bed and settled his head on Minseok’s laps. Sehun liked to cuddle, and his hyungs like to cuddle him. Minseok ran his fingers through Sehun’s hair in a soothing manner. Sehun closed his eyes at the contact and sighed in contentment.

“I am bored and lonely.” Sehun pouted.

Minseok chuckled. “Did you miss Junmyeon that much?”

“You know I don’t like being left alone. Why is everyone so busy?” Sehun sighed.

Minseok pursed his lips because he didn’t know how to tell Sehun that he needed to go soon because he has a schedule too to film his drama.

Sehun seemed to notice Minseok’s uneasiness and he opened his eyes to stare at the older. “Do you have a schedule too?” Sehun asked timidly.

“Yeah. I need to go soon.” Minseok answered apologetically.

Sehun closed his eyes again. “It’s okay. I will be alright.” But he knew he wouldn’t be alright. He was often left alone at the dorm, because it was only him who didn’t have individual schedule. Kyungsoo, Minseok, and Junmyeon were busy with acting. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were attending a lot of variety shows and radio shows. Jongdae was busy with his musical. Jongin had his own photoshoot. Yixing was busy in China. Sehun? Nothing. It made him felt even more useless than ever. He was doing nothing good for himself and the group.

“Sehun, I know what you are thinking about. Don’t worry about it too much. Your opportunity has yet to come. Don’t dwell on it too much, okay?”

“I want to try on a lot of things too.” Sehun admitted.

Minseok patted his cheek gently. “I know. You will have your chance soon. Don’t worry.”

“I hope so.”

 

 

“Stop reading those comments.” Jongdae suddenly appeared beside Sehun and took his phone away. Sehun looked up at Jongdae with a dumbfounded expression.

Jongdae sighed before he took a sit beside Sehun.

“Reading those comments will only hurt you more.” Jongdae returned Sehun’s phone to him.

Sehun took it wordlessly and stared at it for a while. “They said I am a rude person.”

Jongdae raised his eyebrows. “Why?” Sehun was anything but rude in Jongdae’s opinion.

“They said during the recent fansign I looked bored.” Sehun slumped his shoulders down.

Jongdae gaped. “But you were sick at that time. The fans knew that.”

“But other people don’t know and they don’t care. They said I should be more professional because I am a public figure.”

“You were already professional! You chose to attend the fansign when you just fainted in the morning. You should have stayed in the hospital, but you refused because you didn’t want to disappoint the fans. Just ignore those ignorant people Sehun. They don’t deserve your attention.” Jongdae was furious. He knew how hard Sehun tried to make the fans happy and didn’t want to make them worried. That day, no matter how hard they tried to force Sehun to rest at their dorm, Sehun had refused and was determined to attend the fansign even with his conditions.

Sehun stared at his shoes. “What if I disappoint the fans by attending the fansign but couldn’t give them my 100%? I looked sick and I couldn’t joke around with them like usual. What if that was what disappoint them?”

Jongdae stared at Sehun in surprise. He didn’t know Sehun would think like that. “Sehun, the fans knew you were sick and they didn’t blame you for that.”

“I know.” But actually Sehun wasn’t too sure about it.

 

 

Kyungsoo caught Sehun staring at his own pictures in his phone. With a mischievous smile, Kyungsoo went behind the maknae and bent down until his head was beside Sehun’s.

“I don’t know you are so narcissistic.” Kyungsoo teased.

Sehun jumped in surprised and clutched his chest. “Hyung! You scared me!” Sehun shrieked.

Kyungsoo just laughed before he walked around the sofa and se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter