Chapter 1

Girl with a Crush
Please log in to read the full chapter

Every morning started with me rolling around in bed and just laying there until all my energy has gathered. My energy is never fully gathered until my mother comes into my room and gives me my daily dose of banana milk.

 

“Get ready, Seoyeon-ah,” she cooed, placing the straw, which was already in the little carton, in my mouth, “Seojung is almost done showering.”

 

I let out a small sigh, as my way of saying “okay”.

 

When she left, I took my covers off and still drinking my banana milk, I walked to my closet to get my uniform out. I would like to take a shower in the morning, but my sister Seojung takes too long, so I have to shower the night before. I put my milk down on my desk as I changed from my pajamas to my school uniform, or prison uniform as I sometimes call it.

 

I walked out of my room and towards the kitchen to get my breakfast and lunch. My breakfast was just a bowl of rice mixed with kimchi, eggs, seaweed and ham. My lunch for today was a dosirak of my mom’s famous kimbap with a side of strawberries.

 

I took my bowl and immediately took a spoonful and shoved it in my mouth. It was absolutely delicious!

 

“Eomma~ thank you for being blessed with such cooking skills!” I said, still with a little ham in my mouth.

 

“How many times have I told you to stop talking with your mouth full?!” Mother scolded, pinching my cheek slightly.

 

I swallowed, “Right, sorry.”

 

Suddenly, the sound of keys jingling echoed through the kitchen.

“Come on, Seoyeon-ah,” Seojung said, then made her way out the door.

 

“Coming!” I said, putting my empty bowl in the sink. “I'll do the dishes when I get home, okay? Bye mom!”

 

I quickly gave her a hug and ran after Seojung.

 

Seojung graduated from my school last year, so she's in college now. Her school isn't far from mine, so she drops me off everyday on her way to school. I like being able to bond with my sister for ten minutes every morning.

 

“So, how's school?” she asked.

 

“Same as always,” I replied, staring out the window watching everything pass by.

 

“Any update on the flower boys?” she asked, snickering under her breath.

 

She knew I was practically obsessed with them, and she made fun of me for it.

 

“Rumor has it, Yugyeom is going to confess to Mina,” I sighed.

 

“Aw, sorry bud,” she tried sounding sympathetic for me, but even though she was practically seen as a goddess by the drama department for her acting skills, we both knew she was faking it so hard.

 

Before we knew it, we were in front of JYP Academy. The school in which my fate was decided.

 

“By eonnie!” I said, quickly getting out of the car.

 

I shut the door, before she could respond, and jolted for the entrance. At around this time, Yugyeom would be sitting on the 1-yard brick wall while listening to music; patiently waiting for the other boys to arrive.

 

I always stood across from him and just watched him quietly from behind the ugly shrub. He was pure beauty. His resting face was sweet and approachable. I've never seen something so beautiful in my life. I wonder, what songs he was listening to? What kept him so glued to th

Please log in to read the full chapter