CHAPTER 1: Bittersweet?

Living the Dream?? Or HELL.....?

 

"This....," I sighed while kicking off my heels, "has got to be one of the wORST nights of my life." As I made my way to the bedroom, I plug in my more than deceased phone and place it on the counter and drag myself to the bathroom. "God, I look awful", I say as I wipe away the running mascara and eyeliner from my cheeks. I turn on the shower, extra hot, wishing to wipe away and totally forget the events that happened this past hour. "No more tears Zion, he isn't worth it....".

I get out the shower, put on my comfiest pj's and return to my counter to cut on my phone. Three missed calls, and two unread text messages.....all from Tia. I dial her number, and she immediately picks up the phone....

"GIRL, wherehaveyoubeenivebeentry-,"

"He dumped me...", I say nonchalantly. I'm suprised by how cool I sound knowing I cried at at bar for over an hour.

"HE WHAT???? , WHERE HIS AT? PLEASE TELL ME YOU BEAT HIS ??", she screams into the phone as loud as her voice could allow.

"No, Tia, I did not beat his ....I left him with the ditzy blonde he dumped my for".

"WELL LET ME DO IT! YOU WANT HIM BEAT WITH A BAT? MY BRASS KNUCKLES?"

I smile into the phone. Tia is such a good friend, although her methods of comforting me are quite violent. "Neither , I can't have you being arrested. Plus, he isn't worth the energy. He's a piece of ", I mutter in the phone.

" Hmph, FINE! I won't catch a case.....atleast, not today! But, anyways girl I was calling to give you good news. I'm hoping this will cheer you up."

"What is it????", I say a little too eagerly.

"You got the job!!!", she yells.

"I..I....I...I did?!?".

"YAS ZION YOU DID, CONGRATS."

"OHMYGOSH, I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW!"

"Hahaha, shut up! I'll send you all the details, I'm pretty sure you leave in a week! So get ready, okay?!"

"I'll be more than ready, I'm so excited! Thank you Tia, really", I say appreciatively.

"No problem girrrrrl, just be sure to have a place for me to crash when I visit!"

"Always."

"Okay, well get some sleep. Bye wifey! Haha"

I set down my phone, and plop down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. How could the worst night of my life turn into one of the best ones in a matter of minutes? Life loves playing games with me. I roll over to the other side of the bed and search underneath to find my huge stash of magazines. I pull them out and begin reviewing them. Huumming happily to myself, while it begins to set in that I'll be working for them. The famous, and my favorite fashion magazine, "onePLATFORM". "I can't believe it....", I whisper to myself, "this must be a dream." Just to be sure.......oUCH, that hurt. Definitely NOT a dream; that's a relief. I place the magazines back in their original place, turn off the lights, and snuggle up in my bed. Next week just can't come fast enough......



THE FOLLOWING WEEK: JFK INTL. AIRPORT

Today is FINALLY the day I'll be leaving for SK! I can't wait for my SOKO adventure to officially commence! Preparing for this migration was such a hassle, I mean, if I'm going to be in SEOUL AND working for one of the biggest magazines in the world then I needed to step my game up. A good excuse to go on a full-blown shopping spree, I smiled to myself. "What are you so happy about? Hm? Thinking about all the fionnnne men you're gonna meet?", Tia joked. "Are men the only thing ever on your mind, I swear", I looked at her in shock, "some people can be happy without on their mind all the time, ya know?" Tia busts out laughing, "Haha, yeah yeah. I'm a , get over it!" "No judgement here", I said with arms raised. She punches me, "Shut up, haha! I know you're excited, as you should be, if you did your research!" With furrowed brows, I look to my bestfriend with utter confusion. "What do you mean?", I inquired. "UGH, as much as you love that magazine you really are clueless, huh?" She continues, "Your boss is totally a fine, fine man, Zion." I scoff, "So? Like, he'd be interested in me? He's probably waaaay older than me and married", I said matter of factly. "Oh the contrary my friend, Park Jaebum, your boss, isn't married and is only 2 years older than you", she says with an annoyed tone. Only 27 and he owns a successful company? Woah. "That got your attention, I see", she smirks. " please, leave me alone, and stop with all your thot antics", I chuckle. Then, all of a sudden the intercom goes off....

FLIGHT 542 FOR KOREAN AIR IS READY TO BOARD, PLEASE MAK-,

"Oh, that's me", I say as I look to my bestfriend with sulken eyes. "Heyheyhey, don't get all sad on me now. I'll be over there to visit soon. Just save me a fine Korean man okay? Haha." I roll my eyes, "Shut up Tia." We both arise from our seats and give each other the biggest hug possible. "I'll miss you bunches wifey", I say in a hushed voice. "I'll miss you more." I grab my luggage and set off for the plane....I wonder what awaits me in my new home?


 

HEYHEYHEY, if you're reading this thanks for giving me a chance and I'd love some feedback! Also, whether I should continue zion's story or not?!?! THANKS. BYE!