twelve

just one day (bts jungkook christmas special)

he looked dead serious, so different from the jocular him he was before. but then again, i knew that he hadn't meant to say it that straightforwardly; i could tell by the look of mild shock on his face and by his cheeks that flushed pink. hence as expected, he swallowed the lump in his throat and re-stringed his choice of words as quick as possible after.

"i m-mean. you made me feel like i'm being loved too. i am really grateful to fate which has brought us together for this christmas, even though that after this night, we may part ways,"

as he said, he held out his hand for me to take. 

"it has been great knowing you,"

i stared at jungkook blankly at first, eventually compiling to him, but instead of shaking hands as per normal, he brought my hand to his lips and placed a gentle kiss upon it. i felt my face flush warm and the hairs on my neck stand. something fluttered in my stomach and that was when, i knew i couldn't let go of him.

finally taking the time to study his full features properly, i traced my fingers to his eyebrows, nose and then, to his lips. 

"mwo-" 

"shh", i hushed him, 

"you've got to stop twisting your words you know, cowboy?"

i told him before moving my finger and pressing my hand against his cheek, giving me more support to push myself towards him and connect our lips. the next second, my lips were firm against his, but the kiss remained soft, gentle and slow. we held it for a few seconds, before our lips began to move in perfect sync, slowly and cautiously. during the process, i exhaled through my nose and could soon feel hot breaths mingling around our necks when all of a sudden, specks of fireworks shot up into the air. 

"yah kim yugyeom! i told you not to run through other people's belongings!" 

from some distance away, the same male who was yelling for bambam before could be seen dragging the hoodie boy away. then once the commotion had die down, jungkook and i fixed our gazes at the splendid fireworks up there in the sky. 

shifting sideways, jungkook looked at me, his eyes glistening in the darkness. 

"so this is what they do downtown? fireworks?"

"yeap", i glance away, then shyly look back at him. his hand reaches under my hair below my ear and his thumb caresses my cheek. 

"ah", he winced before continuing on, 

"then you are wasting your money haeri, when you can actually spend it with me like this,"

taking me by surprise, jungkook scooped me off from the snow and bridal carried me back into our tent. then, tossing me onto the bed, he hovered above me, until i was basically in my breath this entire time. 

my eyes widened hard at him as he then slowly stripped himself out of his overalls and shirt, leaving just a pair of shorts on. i let out a gasp as i watch the figure above me. jungkook has both the height of a man and all of the bulk. there were muscles underneath his shirt but as i was still gushing over his body, he suddenly rolled over to my side, hugs me close to him and nuzzles his head into my neck. 

"haeri-ssi, i really need the warmth now, though i'm still making you pay for this", he whispered. 

i stared deep into his brown orbs and then cupped his cheek that was slowly turning red. i smiled at him before slowly, i leaned into him. my other hand was shaking slightly, my mind was repeating the same sentence over and over,

"don't do this, don't do this", but the sound of my heart was beating so loudly that i couldn't concentrate. it felt like it was going to explode when all of a sudden, the kiss came out of nowhere. 

one minute, jungkook was still watching me lead him but at the next, he was the one initiating the kiss yet again, his hand clasped gently into the back of my hair, pressing in softly. it was only after a few seconds that he broke away and smiled,

"sorry, but i just have to do this, even if it is only once,"

he leaned in again after saying this when just then, his phone started ringing. with a look of annoyance, jungkook grunted and picked it up unwillingly, but this time, only to hear the voice of jin sounding from the other line. 

"yah jeon jungkook, is that girl still with you?", he demanded out of him right when he answered. 

"yea,"

there was a short pause between the line when jin spoke again. 

"you might wanna get her back now, 'cos apparently, her friend has turned up here,"

jimin. 

both jungkook and i held on to our breaths. 

"and somehow or another, he had kissed suga awake and now, he just wouldn't let go of him. he kept whining on and on that he's not leaving unless his friend does so-"

click. 

i watch in horror as jungkook hung up the call boldly and then turning off the lights to the decorations on the christmas tree which i have prepared earlier on, he brought out a disc man from out of nowhere and inserted suga's mixtape into it. 

"there's no way you are getting back there", he smiled sneakily before plugging in one of the earpiece into my ear. 

"and as for now, let's check out what suga hyung has installed for us,"
"wait,"

i held up my hand and reached out for his phone just then. 

"before i agree to be your cowgirl, let me just send a text to jimin,"

with that, i began typing on his phone.

25 december 2015, 0000 hrs

haeri: jimin

haeri: you know what

haeri: i love you 

haeri: thats why

haeri: i wont be going back there and you may stay

haeri: stay there and pester that ert for all you want 

haeri: may you enjoy your stay and last but not least 

haeri: merry christmas 🎅🏼

i stopped there and now, jungkook blew into my ear as he peep over.

"merry christmas cowgirl,"
"merry christmas too, cowboy,"

the end

---

and merry christmas all. have a great 2016 hohoho 🎅🏼  see ya