Long Distance

Beyond Your View

Kyungsoo x Namjoo

 

2 years. 5 months. 3 weeks. 19 hours. 4 minutes. 11 seconds. But who's counting.

 

Bing! 

 

Joo: hi love! Sorry I could answer your calls last night! I miss you so much! I love you! :*

-Joo signed off-

 

Yep. And that's how it is. Long distance relationships. 

 

Namjoo is finishing her internship abroad, that originally was only for 1 year. But things happened, so now she's there for more than 2 years.

 

While Kyunsoo was left behind. Managing his own business, he was pretty stable and ready to settle down the moment his bride went home.

 

"You look so tired. And skinnier. Your not taking good care of youself properly again" she said one time when they were able to video chat.

 

"Maybe you should go home so you could take care of me" he said, but quickly took it back the moment he saw the frown in Namjoo's face. "I'm joking, I understand our situation. I just really miss you"

 

"I miss you too"

 

Long distance is hard. And it's not always smooth sailing. 

 

Sometimes its just...

 

Joo: I'm off! I Miss you.

DO: I Miss you too. Be careful.

 

Simple conversations like "hi" "hello"

 

Or sometimes its like...

 

Joo: who's that girl in your picture?! You better not be cheating on me Do Kyungsoo! Or I swear the moment I set my foot home I'm going to kill you!

 

DO: she's just an investor, love. I'm not cheating on you. 

 

Joo: investor?! What kind of investor clings on a taken man's arm like her life depends on it? Or are you posing as a single man to attract women?!

 

DO: what are you saying? Be reasonable Joo. Do you really think I would do that??

 

Joo: I don't know! Maybe?!

 

DO: you're not talking any sense! How about you? Your "co-intern" puts his hands on your shoulder like you're best buds!

 

Joo: hey! Don't turn the tides against me! I'm not cheating on you!

 

DO: so am I!

 

Quarrels that starts with a single photo. That does not even make sense to them the moment they calm down.

 

But on most nights that they could talk over the phone.

 

Tik. Tok. Tik. Silence filled the empty space distance created.

 

"You still there love?" Namjoo asked for Kyungsoo suddenly stopped talking over the phone

 

"Yeh. I'm just listening to your voice"

 

"Why? Is something wrong with my voice?"

 

"No. I just find it really lovely."

 

"Eyy. Why so cheesy suddenly?"

 

"Are you blushing Namjoo?" Even if Kyungsoo can't see her, he knows that she's blushing.

 

"Psshh"

 

"Haha. Where are you now? Is that car horns I'm hearing?"

 

"Ah yeh, I'm actually walking right now."

 

"Ow! Be careful! You focus on walking first, I'll just call you again later."

 

"Yeehh. I'll be careful."

 

"Happy New Year Namjoo"

 

"Happy New Year Kyung"

 

"I wish you're here"

 

"Ey. Cheer up! Maybe if you've been a good boy this year, santa would grant you a late Christmas gift."

 

"Haha. Just be careful, okay? I love you."

 

That's another Year  they spend apart. And it looks like they are set to spend another year apart.

 

After about 30 minutes since Kyunsoo ended the call there was a soft knock on the door of their apartment.

 

"Who could be visiting at the middle of the night?" Kyungsoo whispered 

 

"I'm coming" he shouted to the person knocking urgently.

 

"Who is --" the moment the door open a person suddenly rush in that Kyungsoo barely had the chance to recognize the person "-- it." 

 

That person went straight somewhere in the house. Not knowing where it is, Kyungsoo waited patiently on the living room.

 

"Ah. Much better. Remind me not to drink a lot before going on a long trip. I can't barely hold it in the moment I entered the elevator! And why didn't you open the door at once? Where you hiding a women somewhere?"

 

Kyungsoo can't help admire this person. And he can't even believe that she's here. Her Namjoo is home.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Namjoo asked when Kyungsoo just kept on staring at her.

 

And with that comment, Kyungsoo burst out laughing. He stood up and hugged Namjoo, while still laughing.

 

"What happened to you? Have you finally gone crazy?"

 

"Pssh. You came here as if you just got back from the convenient store, and you expect me to remain sane?"

 

"Yeh. Pretty much"

 

Kyungsoo broke the hug and looked at Namjoo's eyes. Both happy to be in each other's arms again. No words can't explain how much they miss each other.

 

"Looks like I've been a good boy last year." Kyungsoo said before he end their long distance relationship with a kiss.

 

Counting ends here. Ü

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies for the predictable ending and cliché plot.   >.<

Feel free to leave a suggestion or a request down below :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone Ü.