Time

Beyond Your View

Suho x Chorong

Chorong's POV

 

Today I've decided not to waste another minute. The sun is high up, while the clock nearly reads 3:00pm. And with a little pinch of productivity I started to clean my room.

I sneeze from time to time. When was the last time I cleaned my room? I can't hardly remember! I'm 27 and I'm still messy. Hahaha.

I was arranging some boxes when I stumbled upon a black box covered with stars. With a bit of curiosity I opened the lid, and what's inside brought a huge smile on my face.

A very long time ago
Third Person POV

Age 5

A little boy with brown hair and black eyes skipped around the park on his way to the swings. With his favorite dinosaur on one hand and a lollipop on the other. But to his surprise a little girl was already sitting on his favorite spot.

You may think that he threw the worst tantrum ever. But he didn't. He approached the girl and gave her his lollipop.

The little girl was his princess. His best friend.

"Why are you crying Rong?"

"Mama and Papa are fighting again"

Suho, the little boy, was practically used to seeing Chorong cry over the same reason. They both don't understand the situation. And just like before, Suho just did his best to make Chorong smile.

From funny faces, to jokes, to puppet shows! Name every thing that kids find funny, and Suho might have done it. Well it always work anyway.

"Suho"

"Yes?"

"If you love someone, would you fight with them?" Chorong innocently asked

And with the same amount of innocence Suho answered "No"

"Then you won't fight with me?"

"Yes"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

An innocent promise was made on those swings. But as they grow old the two kids understood that fights do happen.
At the age of five you think things are simple.

Age 12

"Why are you leaving?!" Chorong shouted the moment she entered Suho's room

"It's not my choice Rong"

"Then why didn't you tell me?!"

Suho wanted to evaluate every single time that he wanted to tell Chorong. Like during their monthly movie night. Or while their walking home. And even during the rare time they could seat together at lunch.

But on their movie night, Chorong fell asleep 10 minute into the movie. She hangout with her friends after class, so he walk home alone. And during lunch, she chats with her other friends.

"I tried" Suho simply said

"Well its obvious that you didn't try harder!"

"Yeh. Maybe I didn't. But did it occur to you that you're at fault?" Now feeling frustrated with Chorong.

"And why is that?"

"Because your my bestfriend. Why didn't you notice that I want to tell you something?! That I'm keeping a secret?!"

Chorong can't answer. Looking back she realized that this is actually the first time they had the chance to talk. An yet they're fighting.
At the age of 12 you'll realize things are different

Age 20

After eight years this was the first time that they've met. He saw her wearing a beautiful gown. And she saw him wearing an elegant tux.

It was one of their friend's wedding.

Through the years Suho and Chorong tried to keep in touch. They used to send each other messages everyday. When school started it was reduced to thrice a week. Then once a week. To once ever two weeks. Once a month. Then to once in a while. Then end up to just holiday or birthday greetings. Until it stopped.

They've been to countless relationship and breakups throughout the years. Been to unpredictable ups and downs. Experienced new things. Seen new sights. Both wanting to tell each other. But both hesitant to talk, or send a mail, first.

Now seeing each other after eight years made them realize how much time they've wasted. And words can't express how much they long for one another.

So words were forgotten. They hugged. They picked where they left off from that moment. And it was enough
At the age of 20 you'll realize the worth of time.

Back to the present
Chorong's POV

I was pre-occupied by what I saw inside the box that I didn't even realized that it was already 7:00 pm. Not until my stomach started to complain. Haha.

After I finished my dinner, it was already around the time for me to prepare for bed. And so I cleaned the kitchen and started preparing for bed. I had to sleep earlier since I have a long day waiting for me.

The next day

I was looking at his eyes. And he was looking at mine. He smiled, and it melted my heart. He was holding me in his arms while we lie under the stars.

"Can you repeat it again" I said

"Repeat what?"

"What you said earlier"

He looked at me and I can see that he's hesitant to do my request. But he still did. Without breaking our eye contanct he said.

"I don't know when. I don't know how. But I fell inlove with you. I can't keep my promise when we're five. And sometimes my efforts could be short just like when we're twelve. But I'll never let time go to waste just like when we're teens. I'll treasure every second. For I might never have the same chance I had when we we're 20. I'll cherish you till I die. And only love you even beyond this life."

Hearing those words makes me feel his love all over again. Suho leaned closer and I met him halfway. Our lips touched for a soft kiss and at that moment, I felt the same emotions I had when we said our wedding vows.

The box I saw yesterday don't have anything from our past. It had something more special. Inside was a gift. A letter and a key. A key for our house. 
From the age of 27, I'll start a family with Suho and fell inlove with him over and over again.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second one-shot up! Leader couple Ü please do leave a comment down below ^^,