...1

fall

 December 12, 2015

 

             A girl sitting on a swing, drinking a wine and reminiscing everything what memories she had in this place. A garden full of beautiful flowers and a landscape that just like it create by the great man. She can clearly hear the music from the wedding event.

            Because of feeling dizzy, she went here, here in this beautiful place, feeling nostalgic. While she is enjoying of being alone, someone walk closer to her, a smile draw to his face.  

“sica…” he said enthusiastic and showed up.When she heard the voice, she suddenly dazed off and stop on swinging, thinking of what she will do next because she knew the voice – a husky and manly voice she really missed always.

She composed herself and look up. They smile at each other and Jessica said “why are you here? You should be at the reception” and drink the remaining wine she have. Yul sit on the other swing and look at the surroundings.   “haha, well I’m looking for you and my guts are right, you are here” he said and swing a little. Jessica just look at the empty glass and the memories pop out again to her mind.

November 30, 2007  

“hey there miss~~” a man showed up in front of her and smiled.

Jessica stunned all of a sudden and raised her right eyebrow “Hi…?” “why are you here? You should be at the party!” “errrm… excuse me~ do I know you?” her ice princess-like strike again.

“wow! Haha…” the man nervously laugh but he just extend his arm confidently, “sorry for intruding and by the way I’m Kwon Yul, sam’s uncle” and then showed a mischievous smile. Jessica just look at the hand and said “Jessica jung” and just look away. “Ha ha ha… that was….ahm…” He lift his arm and rubbed his nape. “nice…”

A moment of silent and yul just stared the girl. “If you are going to smoke, go on, I don’t care anyway” Jessica frankly said and took out her phone.

Yul smirk at what he heard “is that what you think  I am,ms. Jung?”

“first impression” Jessica bluntly said.

“awww~~”he hold his chest and act like he is hurt, well slightly he was hurt by that."first impression will live forever to your mind.” He sigh and Jessica just look at him. “Im not a smoker Jessica and will never be.” He said and jessica just scoffed “really ha?” “haha yeah, I have an asthma” Yul continues. Jessica shock by the confession and embarrassed by a wrong interpretation. “I went here to have some time by myself…” Jessica confess “Im a smoker and I thought you too, because you come here.” She continued. “haha and I thought you are a good girl huh” yul conclude. Jessica showed a mischievous smile and cooly said “a good girl with a bad habit you know” like a boss.

Yul stared at her for a moment and smiled at her “you should stop that habit sica…” Jessica look at her and surprise that yul is staring at her; their eyes met at each other. Jessica took a deep breath.

“because you’re going to take care of me….”

“ because I’ll be your FUTURE HUSBAND” yul end his sentence and lovingly stared her. Jessica looked away and let out an air. "Wow." Jessica awkwardly laugh, "that was so fast", yul just laugh "i know right haha" and they both smile at each other. "I'll see you again Ms. Jung." Yul said and put her hands inside his pocket walking away. "And be ready for what will happen." 

December 12, 2015

  “Do not smoke here” yul warn her. Jessica laugh at his antics “yes, I know it and did I said to you I’m not a smoker anymore.”

“I do remember that…” yul said and play the ring on his finger.

A moment of silent and only the breeze of air can hear. “Thank you” Yul break the silence between them. Jessica just bite her lower lip and look at him. “for what?” Jessica ask. “for making this happen…” Jessica smiled and listen to yul carefully. “I really like the concept because this is what we planned…” yul continued and jessica remembered those memories how they planned it.

tortoise blue is your favorite color…”jessica said, “and then you made the color of your favorite flower into tortoise blue.” Yul added and they both laugh. “how did you do that?” yul ask to her. “haha, well I begged Dr. Taeng to make it possible” Jessica cooly said.

“ahhh! Our chemist Kim!!” yul proudly said and then swing a little. Jessica giggled and then said “yes yes” “well, he can make impossible into possible” yul concluded and Jessica just nod her head for approval.

'But the impossible I begged him to do.didn't happen' yul said to himself.

'I should do what Dr. Kim says so that it can be POSSIBLE' jessica thought. 

breaking again the awkward silence do you like that tuxedo I made?” Jessica look at him and waiting for an answer. Yul stand up; fix and compose his self “for the nth time you ask again..."they both laugh on it.

"well, its suits to me right?” he said as he manage to pose like a model. Jessica scoff and raise her right eyebrow “so you need to do that huh.” Yul lean closer to Jessica and wink “it suits to me right?”. Jessica was stunned by the sudden movement of yul and just like an ice that melts, then finally said “yes, it suits to you” stuttering. The closer they got, yul said to his mind 'everything happens for a reason yul'

November 30, 2008

“why are you here again Ms. Event Coordinator…”yul said while walking closer to the girl who’s sitting on a swing.

The girl had her eyes closed and swinging a little. “I’m waiting for something to fall” the girl(no other than Jessica jung) replied. Yul sit on the other swing and look at her. “ I’m here now Ms. Jung” he said. Jessica who still had her eyes closed clarify him “you’re not falling Mr. Kwon”. “yes, I’am falling…” yul said and Jessica open her eyes. “ I’m falling inlove to you”yul finish his sentence and just look at her.

Jessica felt a weird feelings inside her stomach and let out a sigh “cheesy kwon” and look away,fanning herself; “its true tho” he said.

A moment of silence and Jessica can just hear the fast beat of her heart. “then what are you waiting that something to fall?” yul broke the silence between them. she just clear “snow…” Jessica answered. “it still fall you know” “but after fall, it’s winter” Jessica pout and like a kid explaining. Yul laugh at her cuteness “cute” he whispered.

“you know what, the snow fall everytime I’m inside of car or house…” Jessica said and there is yul listening carefully. “I really want to feel the first snowflakes on top of my nose” Jessica look up and close her eyes.

Yul stared at her and said “don’t expect too much on something, it will hurt you if you don’t get it”.

Jessica just smile and rebut “its worth to wait of that yul”

yul just nod his head, seeing on his face that he is not approve. they just enjoy the silence and watching those butterflies and bees flying around the flowers.

yul look at the girl she had her love at first sight. thinking that its been 1 year since he fall to that girl. while staring at her, he told his self "this is it yul" he clears his throat interrupting jessica on her doings.

jessica look at her and raised her eyebrows "yes?" “its been 1 year since our first meeting” yul said. “don’t make it like it’s hard to remember yul” Jessica clarify it and giggle. “haha, why’d you say that?” yul ask her and put his hand into his pocket and getting something. “well we met when sam had his 7th birthday, hahaha” Jessica said. “so?…” yul ask to her. “every sam’s birthday, it’s our first meeting anniversary” jessica explained it like a professor.

well…”yul let out a red box in his pocket and show it to Jessica. A confuse expression can seen to Jessica, waiting for yul to continue what he is talking.

“would you like to make it our ANNIVERSARY being TOGETHER?...” Yul sweetly ask to her. It can be seen to the man that he is sincere. opening the box, a luxurious necklace was shown to jessica.

Jessica on the other hand was shocked and trying to make it sense. Yul who was expecting for an answer, just command her “be my girlfriend Jessica jung”  

December 05, 2008

 "Why are you here?" A girl with a brown hair who's wearing a pink dress asked jessica jung.

"Its yul's birthday tiffany" jessica bluntly says.

 The girl still don't understand why there is a presence of jessica jung. All she knew is that jessica jung does not have any connection to yul. Jessica jung is bestfriend of tiffany while yul is the bestfriend of taeyeon. So why ? How?

Yul pulls jessica up and tiffany just look at them. "Hey guys! Guys. Listen up!" Yul exclaim and everybody stop to their doing and look at yul. Tiffany still confuse, why on earth they had that closed? Tiffany even ask herself if jessica has something hiding from her.

Yul smiled at his girl "this is my girlfriend. My princess and this is the greatest gift given by God on my birthday" and sweetly kiss her forehead. Tiffany had her eyes wide open and jaw drop. Hearing the crowd clapping. Jessica bite her lower lip and can't contain the feelings. Each one of them greet, shake hands with jessica. When tiffany had the time to jessica and yul."Ya! Jessi! Why didn't you tell me? And you too!" Tiffany point at yul. "Why on earth i didn't know this!"

Jessica sigh and glared at her bestfriend "dont be exagerate tiff. Just this day, we will start dating ok? " tiffany knock a little on her head "tsss.. ice princess!.so tell me! How did it happen? And why now?"

Yul laugh on it and said "we had a deal. That when the snow fall. She too, the ice princess will fall for me"

"Argh. Cheesy. Tss. Then why so sudden? You just known for a while? I remember i introduce you and my bestfriend last week?!when sam's birthday!" Tiffany explain. 

"Duhh. Tiff. We've known since i started to be the organizer of your brother's son ok?" Jessica replied.

"What???really? Tss." Tiffany shake her head " so its been 1 year."

"Yes" the couple said.

present

  "uncle!!" a teenage boy shouted approaching the two. yul look at where the sound coming from. "sam?" the boy walk closer to them and smile to jessica. "annyeongaseyo aunt jessica" and bow his head for showing respect. jessica bowed also her head and smiled to the boy.

"ehemm.." yul interrupt them and tap the shoulder of sam "why are you here sam? is there something wrong in the event?"

"hehe nothing... well uncle taeng wants to talk to you" sam said. "really huh??" yul chuckled "well im going to leave you here ice princess, im going to talk to mr. kim" and smiled at her then look at the boy beside him and tap again hs shoulder "can you accompany your aunt jessica here?" "hehe, ok sir" sam smiled to his uncle.

"ok" yul leave the two and sam just look around and breath in. "so how's life sam?" jessica said to lessen the awkward surrounding them. "ahh hehe..." sam awkwardly laugh and look at her, he was shy to answer "well, good as always aunt" then smiled.

"hmmm.."she nod "so why did tiffany didn't attend ?" jessica ask to him. "hehe, busy to her singing carreer, she had a solo concert in america" sam replied.

"aish!! that tiffany. did she still have some time to you?" "aunt jessica, even though i'm adopted, she's still give some time to me or to us" sam is a adopted son of brother of tiffany hwang. he was adopt when he was 6 years old and he knew it.

"that's good to hear " jessica said and smile. "she promised me one thing..."sam blurted out. jessica just look at him.

"that she will be present on the day of my birthday. even not in the party, she will be there before it strike twelve in the midnight..." sam proudly said and chuckled.

"she never break any promises aunt" he bite his lower lip and look down.

august 1, 2010

  "happy birthday !!!" everyone happily exclaimed. tiffany blow the candle and smiled, showing the beautiful eyesmile she had. 

"Auntie. Where is aunt jessica ? " the kid ask, it was sam. And now he is grown up. 

"Awww..aunt jessica will never be here baby" tiffany sadly confess to the boy. 

"But can she....can she be on my birthday? Can she organize again my birthday?" Sam expecting that his aunt will say yes.

Taeng just look the two and kneel down to sam and carress the back of the boy "we don't know sam"

"But she promised me that she will be there. Every birthday..." sam said and look down.

"She will never be back again." A man shown up. Looking so stress, his holding a bottle of wine and shout "God damned it!" All the people out there just look pity to the man.

Sam walk closer to the man and hug him "she will come back. She will uncle...she promised me." Sam said and thats it... his tears fall down. 

"She promise me too sam. But she broke it. Im now broken" yul cried and tiffany goes to her nephew and yul. 

"Yul, lets just get you home" tiffany suggest to the man. 

"My home is jessica..."

"And jessica left me. She's gone. "

PRESENT

"yul? Are you alright?" Taeng ask him."Better than yesterday." Yul answered and sit beside him.

" you look like pale" taeng worry at him."Im always like this you know ." Yul chuckled and took the wine glass filled with wine."So what are we gonna talk about taeng?" Yul ask and drink the wine. "Where is your bride, the two of you should be here." Taeng look around.

"Did i decide a wrong move man?" Yul interrupt him with this question. Taeng just look at him and said " NO, look at you now, better than the past." 

"So why does I feel empty?..." Yul ask. taeng just heave a sigh.

"Why does i need an answer?" Yul continue.

April 18,2009

"are you ready?" Jessi ask her boyfriend and tied the neck tie of the man infront of him.

"Does it need to be formal just to meet your parents jess?" Yul ask to her.seen to his face that He is not comfortable wearing those long sleeves.

"Yes seobang..." she smiled at him and push yul a little infront of the mirror, "you must impress my parents.ok?"

They look the reflection of the mirror "you're so handsome wearing this seobang." Jessica compliment her man.

"Is it not enough having a handsome face and disregard this sleeves?" Yul pout  and jessica kiss those pouting lips.

"You're so handsome seobang always..but we need to be dformal infront of my parents. " jessica said and yul just sigh showing that he is defeat on that argument. 

"Ok..ok"

********

"mom,dad.... kwon yul my boyfriend" jessica smiling widely as she is proud to introduce her boyfriend into her parents. It seen to the parents that they did not like the man. Yul gulp his own saliva and show a confident smile.

"Good evening ma'am" yul greet the woman infront of him, kissing her cheeks then he look at the man "good evening sir" and had a shake hand.

DINING AREA

"So yul, are you a college student?" Jessica's dad ask. All of them are eating in the dining table. So formal and foods are like luxurious presented to them.

Yul stop on chewing and said  "i don't have any plan to go to college school.sir.."

 All the people on the dining area pause when they heard yul said. "So what do you do in life?" Jessica's mom ask.

"Well we had so many business, farming, real estate, mining of golds and diamonds, and auto shop. I'd rather invest my money into business to make it grow rather than investing my money into school who will teach you to be employee... sir."

Jessica look at the man beside him and hold his hand. Yul look at her. "He is ...." jessica was interrupt when her mother said " no dream, no profession." Yul look down and answered "Im a businessman ma'am and i had a dream...." he hold tightly the hand of his love "to be with your daughter no matter what happen to our life."

July 2010

"hello?" The other line said. Yul bite his lower lip and said "dude can you accompany me for a drink?". The other line which is Mr. Kim answered "ok."

 

"She's going to New York to study there" yul drink the bottle of beer. "I dont want her to go there. I dont want to her to be far away from me."yul confess and taeng just listen to him.

"But i will be the bad guy if i'll stop her. Its her dream, its like im not included to her future plans."yul said.

"Everytime we talk about that, she will blurt out that i have no dreams..."yul drink again "but i have a dream, to be a success CEO in my OWN BUSINESS. But she'll rebut that its not a deam,its not a good idea of it..."

"The both of you are not trusting each other. The two of you are selfish on your own dreams. Don't be like that, you should support her yul" taeng suggested.

"But i dont like her dreams because she doesn't like my dreams..." yul said,he is now drunk.

"Don't be so hard headed yul. Sacrifice your ego please. You're the man support her"

"She didn't want to talk to me taeng. And i dont know if she ever love me or not." Yul sadly said to her bestfriend.

 

************

"You'd promised us aunt that you'll be back on my 10th birthday. But you didnt..." Sam sadly said to his aunt jessica.

"You'd promise each one of us but you broke it." Sam continued.

"You'd promise to uncle yul then he was broken"

"You should know sam that we need to sacrifice something to get our dreams." Jessica softly said to the boy.

"Promise is just a thing to make permanent the temporary.to make right the wrongs. And promises are meant to be broken"

"Im just a human, im not perfect" jessica ended her statement.

Sam smiled and look at her "thank you for coming back, i'd become more cautious on the people i will medle. And uncle yul's become stronger than he was...." 

"Thank you ...that even though you madehim cried, now you made him smile"

"I wish that you dont regret those decision you made aunt" 

"well i'm hoping that sam." Jessica look at the empty glass "and im hoping that something will fall again" the she look up the sky.

 

---------TO BE CONTINUED------------

 

A/N: CONGRATULATION! YOU FINISH READING THIS! HAHA