Endings sure are satisfying.

The last of my heart

Silence. I was met with nothing but silence when I finished my poem. I called her name and immediately she looked at me. Whispers filled the hall.
"Is it her?"
"What a fool to actually let go of the man."
"I wish we can punch her."
"Oh I'd do anything for a guy like him."
"The is here with another guy."
I looked at her straight in the eyes, filled with hatred and disgust, but also thankful, I raised my hand, smirked, and showed her my middle finger.
"Thank you." I bowed.
"Have a nice day everyone." I said before leaving the stage.

On my way down I was met with my friends from university all congratulating me, hugging me or shaking my hand and all I did was smile at them.
"Every pain is worth the adventure if the ending is this satisfying." I thought to myself.

I went out the door of the hall and there she was, ranging.
"What have I ever done to you for you to humiliate me?" She asked me, and I can literally see smoke coming out of her ears.
"Areum, are you seriously asking me that question? Do you want a reminder of how much you hurt me, how much you manipulated me?" I told her indifference clear in my voice.

She walked away, clearly, she was guilty of the accusation. And for the first time in months after our improper break up, I wasn't in pain. Instead I was nostalgic of the crazy memory of me going crazily head over heels over a girl whom I supposedly fell in love with.

So maybe not every story ends happily, especially not mine, but I am satisfied with the outcome of my adventure because the end of this chapter will mark the beginning of another chapter of my life. As a poet, as a writer, as a student, as a guy, and most importantly, as a human being.

My name is Kim Jongin, more commonly known as Kai, and this is my story.
"It's better to bend than break because we can't help but be human and get hurt but always remember, there's still better days to come."