Next Christmas and the Christmas After That...

This Year, I'll Give My Heart to Someone Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- December 26, 2014

Jimin felt happy. Happier than he had been in a long time. Jungkook had finally accepted Jimin's heart after months of asking him out. Jungkook and Jimin had been friends for over five years.

Ever since that moment they first met, Jimin had a special place in his heart for the younger. He never thought it was romantic feelings until one day when Jungkook hugged and comforted Jimin at his mother's funeral. Jimin had been holding in his tears.

“Just let out your tears,” Jungkook had told Jimin. “It's not good for you to hold them in like that.” And as soon as Jungkook put his arms around the older, Jimin let his tears out. Ever since that moment, in Jungkook's arms, Jimin was head-over-heels for that boy. That was around May of 2014. And finally, Jungkook decided to accept his heart.

“Jungkook, for Christmas, could you please accept this?” Jimin had given him a card that had his confessing words inside, along with a big picture of a heart. Jimin had seen Jungkook hesitate. But, he had ignored it, because Jungkook at last nodded his head.

Now, Jimin was arriving at Jungkook's house the day after Christmas. The day after Jungkook accepted his heart. He had an immense bouquet of flowers to present to the younger. He was smiling from ear to ear, his eyes shaped into crescents. He wanted to surprise Jungkook, so he walked into his house without even ringing the bell or knocking. As he walked towards the living room, Jimin could hear voices coming from Jungkook's bedroom. The door was cracked open.

Jimin was curious, so he slowly walked up to the door, and only peaked in. He looked just in time to see Taehyung, one of his other friends, lean forward and press his lips against Jungkook's. He had expected to see Jungkook back away. To tell Taehyung that his heart belonged to someone else. But, he didn't. Instead, he pushed Taehyung back against the headboard and deepened the kiss.

Jimin backed up suddenly, knocking something over. He wanted to run, but his feet suddenly wouldn't move from their place. Seconds later, Jungkook and Taehyung opened the bedroom door wondering what the noise was. Tears stung at Jimin's eyes. “Hyung.” The two boys said in unison. Jimin was angry, the tears finally falling down his cheeks. He threw the flowers at Jungkook, then ran away. “Hyung, wait please!” Jungkook called. Jimin didn't wait, he ran away not knowing where to go or what to do. What did he do now that his two best friends kissed each other? What did he do now that he had no friend to run and cry to? What did he do now that Jungkook liked someone else after he had already given his heart up to Jimin.

 

- December 24, 2015

Jimin wasn't looking forward to Christmas. Memories from last Christmas ran through his mind. Tears were all he could remember, and lots of them. He hadn't talked to Jungkook since that day, nor Taehyung. Sure, the two had tried calling him many times. And after a couple of weeks, Jimin changed his number.

In the meantime, Jimin had starting going to a small college not far from his hometown. He made a friend on the first day. His name was Hoseok. They had been inseparable ever since. “Jiminie come on, you said you were almost ready twenty minutes ago. We have to go!” Hoseok was always impatient. They were going to a Christmas party that their other friends Seokjin and Namjoon were throwing at their apartment. They were the campus couple. Everyone envied their relationship. They never fought and they had been in a relationship for four years.

“Okay, fine” Jimin huffed in frustration. He finished putting on his eyeliner that he loved so much, then walked out of his bathroom. “I'm ready now, so let's go!” Jimin walked out of the door, Hoseok in his step behind him.

There were tons of people at Seokjin and Namjoon's party. Jimin found it extremely hard to walk around. Eventually, he found a semi-quiet place in the kitchen. “My God Seokjin,” Hoseok said when the couple walked in behind them. “How many people did you invite?”

“Ugh, I know. I didn't invite all these people.” He shot a playful glare at Namjoon who was in the corner of the room laughing with a boy who had mint green hair. “That guy over there did. But hey, more the merrier right? Merry Christmas Eve guys!” Jimin just smiled slightly. He didn't want tomorrow to come. “Oh, cheer up Jimin. Forget about that guy. He just didn't know great you are.”

“Yeah Jimin!” Namjoon called as he walked over, the boy he was talking with no beside him. “You can just hang out with all of us this Christmas. You don't need someone who doesn't see what's great about you.”

That's when Jimin noticed someone looking back at him. It was the mint-haired male. They locked eyes and Jimin could feel his heart go from his chest to his stomach. His heart was beating so hard, even when he averted eyes with the stranger.

Jimin started to panic. His heart wouldn't stop beating, and he felt like he was going to suffocate with all the people who kept coming in and out. “Excuse me.” Jimin breathed out, barely above a whisper. He wasn't even sure if any of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter