Underneath the Mistletoe

Underneath the Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

There’s two pair dancing in the middle of the practice room. Feeling the music in every nerve of their body, they dance to every beat flawlessly with their sharp moves. Every steps is powerful and the dance very sensual in a way that any audience would feel the strong attraction between the pair.

 

As the song nears the end, the pair met in the middle leaving only a few inches of space in between themselves, face to face, eyes meeting each others as they execute the final move. Both hands are up and locked it mid-air. Locked hands both slowly made their way down as the song dies down.

 

The room was then filled with hushed gasps, both panting so hard, desperate to catch their breath. Eyes not tearing away from each other’s gaze. The room’s atmosphere turned into a tensed one as both eyes left each other’s gaze and went to their lips. Lips that are slightly opened gasping for air.

 

Momo nervously gulped when the girl standing in front decided to her lips with her tiny pink muscle called tongue. She broke their intertwined hands and cupped the other girl’s face and held it gently as if it’s the most fragile thing she ever held.

 

“Mina..” she whispered as if asking if permission of what she’s about to do next. In which the said girl indirectly gave her permission by answering with a hushed “Momo..”

 

Then Momo made the first move as she inched her face closer, ready to take it….to take Mina’s lips in her. As she inch closer, she feels her hot breath that sends different kinds of sensations down her spine.

 

Only an inch and their lips will already land on each other but Momo stopped for a moment not moving, “I love you” words escaped before she goes in for Mina’s waiting lips and-

 

Thud!

 

A loud sound coming from the room’s entrance- specifically the door interrupted the two and immediately jolted away from each other. Hearts thumping with nervousness. Momo bit her lower lip as her minds shouts regret.

 

Seven people came inside the room with chatters and laughs here and there.

 

“We’re done eating out! The food was so good!” Jungyeon was the first to talk and greet the two.

 

“It’s a waste you didn’t come.” Nayeon added. “Are you sure you guys are not hungry?” she asked.

 

Momo gave an awkward smile and said “No. We’re good.” No they are not or rather she is not. Of course, she is hungry when did she ever say ‘no’ to food. But today, she tried her best to purposely say no so she could be alone with Mina. This could’ve been their chance to have their-

 

 First kiss.

 

 Yes, their first kiss. Yes, Mina is her girlfriend and she is Mina’s girlfriend.

 

When Momo got separated from the Japan line for a while when she was eliminated and right then they realized they missed each other, more than friends would. They started going out after Sixteen when they were reunited. They kept their relationship as a secret from the members because they were not sure yet of how they will react. Things got a little busy before and after debut but they still kept their relationship intact. But the thing is, they hadn’t had their first kiss yet up until now. They don’t if they were too shy to do it yet or just not have the right timing to do it. So ever since, they’ve been thinking of ways to get perfect timings to do it but their efforts always ends in vain.

 

“But I bought a take-out for Momo! It’s jokbal!” Sana shouted and charged towards her friend who has a very weird liking with the said food. She showed Momo the plastic bag that contains her favorite food with excited eyes.

 

“Jooookbaaaalllll!! My looooovveee!!!” Momo squealed in happiness and hugged Sana right after. Now she still gets to eat thanks to her good friend.

 

“Mina-unni are you okay?” Tzuyu went to the older girl and asked.

 

“Huh?” Mina was flustered for a moment but quickly gained her composure. “Yeah, I’m not hungry at all.” she added.

 

“No. I mean, are you okay? Your cheeks are so red.” the youngest pointed out.

 

“What?!” Mina’s eyes widened as she touched the said cheeks.

 

“Do you have fever?” Chaeyoung chimed in and asked innocently.

 

“No! What do you mean fever-“ Mina said in frantic “It’s just..ah- hot in here. Yeah.”

 

“But it’s winter right now.” Tzuyu stated as a matter of fact leaving Mina in panic to find another excuse.

 

“We danced to a song that’s why.” Momo saved her girlfriend which resulted into Mina directing her eyes into her direction and then Momo secretly sent a wink on her way which Mina mentally rolled her eyes but thanked her for saving her anyway.

 

“Wow. You’re working really hard.” It was now Jihyo who joined the conversation. “PD-nim will be proud.” as she sport a big smile and a thumbs up.

 

“Manager oppa said we have to go home now.” Dahyun announced as loud as she can to get everyone’s attention.

 

“YES!!!” all the members shouted in unison. Everyone started gathering all their things and dashed through the door quickly wanting to end the day.

 

x--x

 

It was a night after a long-tiring day of schedules. They just finished their dinner at the dorm and the members were either still in kitchen or already at their room.

 

Mina is at the living room alone watching whatever is on the television –or was she really paying attention to the television? No one knows, she was just…staring.

 

Momo saw this as a chance as she swiftly excused herself from the kitchen and quickly grab a blanket from her shared room with Jungyeon and dashed towards the living room. As she made her way to the living room, she thought of an idea. When she reached the living room, Momo quietly walked towards where Mina was and grabbed her shoulder and screamed with a much lower voice in an attempt to scare the girl.

 

“Momo.” Mina guessed right away and turned to look at culprit.

 

“You were not scared?” asked Momo in confusion as she takes a seat next to the red head on the couch.

 

“No.” Mina kept her poker face. That was child’s play Momo.”

 

“That’s weird.” she placed her hand on her chin as if she’s thinking of a solution to the world’s greatest problem. “It always works on the other members.”

 

“What are you doing here anyway?” Mina asked the blonde haired girl.

 

But Momo answered her by hovering a blanket over their bodies and snuggling so close next to her underneath the blanket and whispered “It’s cold”

 

Snuggling is Momo’s favorite form of skinship and she secretly likes it when Momo is snuggling next to her. Momo will always make the excuse of feeling cold just so she can snuggle next to her girlfriend. Mina on the hand also secretly likes it when Momo snuggles to her, she likes Momo’s warmth.

 

They stayed like that for a few minutes before they heard a shout from behind.

 

“Yah! Our favorite drama is airing! Let’s gather!” shouted Jungyeon as she called out for the other members and soon they are all gathered in the living room.

 

“Why you didn’t call us?” Sana pretended to be disappointed as she sat next to Mina. “You know I couldn’t miss this episode.” Well the girl loves korean dramas.

 

“Unnie was dying all week because she can’t wait for this episode to air.” Tzuyu explained. She was seating beside Chaeyoung on the floor with Dahyun beside them.

 

Jungyeon took a seat next to Momo and Nayeon sat beside Jungyeon. Jihyo sat on the other side of of Sana. They were sandwiched. Momo was about to sit straight and remove her snuggled hands on Mina but Mina’s hands stopped her, not tearing away her eyes from the television and she can’t help but secretly smile, everything is happening underneath their blanket. They were just glad that no one is noticing their close proximity to each other.

 

Everyone’s attention is now at the television as they watch the drama that is very popular these days.

 

“Momoring are you feeling cold?” Jihyo blurted out and looked over to Momo. The couple tensed under their blanket when everyone suddenly turned their heads on her.

 

“Y-yes.” Momo answered nervously.

 

“Let’s turn on the heater” Jihyo reached for the remote control and turned the heater on.

 

“Thanks Jihyo” Momo relied as a sense of gratefulness.

 

“No problem” Jihyo replied back.

 

Moments later, a romantic scene in the drama came up and the lead actor and actress face each other as if they were about to kiss.

 

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Dahyun was the first one to cheer followed by the other two youngest members, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu while Jungyeon’s eyes are glued on the television without even blinking.

 

“These kids- you are still underage you know!” Nayeon reprimanded the kids. “Cover your eyes!” she commanded the kids. Nayeon tried covering the kids’ eyes with her own hands but only to be overpowered by them.

 

“Eeepp- they’re going to kiss now!!!” Sana screamed as she held on to Mina’s arm for she cannot contain the feels and everyone’s attention is now at the drama.

 

Momo’s breathing hitched and her heart started beating faster than normal. Kiss. This is a very timely topic for her and Mina- oh right Mina…

 

She slowly looked up to see if Mina is feeling the same way but only to see her head leaning on the side with strands of her red hair covering a bit of her face, breathing in a stable pace. She fell asleep.

 

She was about to snort but stopped herself and just smiled widely as she reverted back her attention towards the television.

 

Sleepyhead

 

x--x

 

It was the day of their last fansign event. Momo and Mina were sitting beside each other today.

 

It’s almost done and the fans asked them to sing the aegyo song.

 

The fans were shouting Mina’s name and as for someone who doesn’t really k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter