Final

For You

"Heol, eotteokhae?" Ryu Sujeong furrowed her eyebrows when the hot chocolate in can she wanted to get got stuck on the vending machine. It was already in the process of being dropped but it got stuck in the middle of the glass and the metal. She badly wanted to drink something hot because it was a very cold night, what with the surprise of the snow falling from the dark sky as she went out for a walk. Unfortunately, she was only wearing a thick, long, light blue jacket and boots, not enough to keep her warm on a snowy Christmas eve.

   And that can just had to get stuck on the vending machine.

   Sujeong lightly hit the glass in hopes to get her hot chocolate free but it didn't budge. "Aish, jinjja!" She mumbled in frustration, nibbling on her bottom lip. She regretted not buying in the store instead.

   "Sujeong? Ryu Sujeong-ssi?"

   The girl turned towards the direction of that deep voice and came face to face with the boy she hasn't talked with for almost a year. "V-ssi?"

   He, upon hearing his name, let out a big rectangular grin and got himself comfortable. "Sujeongie! Merry Christmas! It's been awhile. What are you doing out here?" He asked. Earlier, as he was on his own walk, he saw someone by the vending machine. He thought she looked familiar and so when he took a few steps closer to check, he remembered the girl and called her out, not missing the chance.

   Sujeong, despite the cold, felt her cheeks warming on the way he called her. Taehyung didn't change at all. He still has that warm, friendly, and approachable aura she felt when they first met to host a show almost a year ago. Taehyung and the rest of BTS have gone so popular that Sujeong felt small but honored at the same time because he, despite everything, still remembers who she is. "M-Merry Christmas," she cleared . "I'm just out for a walk to relax. How about you, V-ssi?"

   "Ah, me too!" Taehyung chuckled and looked at the vending machine. "Did you want anything from here? I can pay!"

   "No," Sujeong shook her head. "Actually, I already paid but my drink got stuck." She pointed, frowning once again when she remembered the hot chocolate. She looked back at the boy whose attention is on the stuck can and scanned what he was wearing. He looked comfortable with his black, thick, long jacket with fur around his hoodie. He was also wearing a bonnet on his head, a scarf around his neck, and winter gloves to keep his hands warm. Sujeong felt envious of him for awhile then jumped a bit in surprise when she heard a "bang!" "V-ssi?"

   Taehyung was already hitting the side of the poor vending machine. "Yah, give Sujeongie her drink!" He shouted.

   "V-V-ssi, gwenchana—I'll just buy in the store." Sujeong said in an attempt to make him stop. People might see him and recognize him; she's scared that he will get in trouble.

   "But you already paid for it. Your money will come to waste if you don't get your drink." Taehyung frowned, hitting the machine once in awhile as he spoke.

   "I can't do anything about it." Sujeong sighed in defeat as she pulled her sleeves over her palms to keep her warm. She was trying not to shake in front of Taehyung because it would be embarrassing. She just needed something warm in her system is all.

   "But . . ." Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and sighed as well. "Alright. I'll pay for it then!"

   Sujeong blinked, "What? Why?"

   Taehyung shrugged before grinning. "I just want to. Let's go!" And before Sujeong could react, the boy already took her wrist and pulled her with him.

 

As they walked together, the girl following Taehyung behind, Sujeong looked at his hand around her wrist. Despite her sleeves, she can feel his warmth and wondered if he can feel her coldness. Aside from that, she also thought if it was okay for her to be close to Taehyung behind cameras. Ever since after hosting a show together, they did not talk anymore. Although they still see each other backstage sometimes, they would just bow and nothing more. It was as if they never met before. Sujeong couldn't deny the fact that Taehyung was very fun to be with; he was also a very funny person himself. She was actually hoping they'd get to know each other after that but they weren't given the chance anymore.

   "What did you want to get again? A hot chocolate, right?" Taehyung asked, recalling the drink that got stuck on the vending machine as they stepped inside the store.

   "Y-Yes." Sujeong stuttered, biting her tongue after. She was too engrossed with her thoughts that she also even forgot feeling cold.

   "Wae? Are you feeling cold?" Taehyung walked through the drinks section, followed by the girl.

   "Yeah . . ." Sujeong nodded and sighed. "I wasn't expecting for it to snow so I didn't wear much."

   "Didn't you check the weather forecast on your phone or something?" Taehyung asked. Not that he did anyway, he just happened to see it on his phone.

   Sujeong shook her head, "I don't have a phone." She said as he watched the boy examine each hot chocolate can. "We all don't have phones, as embarrassing as it sounds." She chuckled softly.

   "Why?" This boy never ran out of questions. "Oh, here it is!" He then grinned when he got the exact can of hot chocolate for Sujeong.

   The girl just shrugged her answer, smiling at Taehyung's actions.

   "Do you want anything else?" He asked again while taking another can, figuring that he wanted one as well.

   Sujeong shook her head. "No, I just want the drink, V-ssi." She answered. "Thank you very much."

   "You're welcome." Taehyung grinned at her before they went to the cashier to pay.

 

When Sujeong finally got ahold of her can, she sighed in relief as the warmth from the drink spread on her palm up. She opened it and took a sip while they walked outside the store. But at the same time, she felt a bit disappointed, thinking that it's time for them to part ways again. Will she have to wait another year so she can talk with Taehyung again?

   "Ah, it tastes so good!" Taehyung exclaimed, already finished with his hot chocolate.

   "So fast," Sujeong said, forming a small 'o' in surprise.

   "I was thirsty." Taehyung grinned and the girl just giggled.

   They stayed standing in front of the store for awhile, watching the snow fall silently and softly. Sujeong sipped on her can, afraid to break the comfortable silence; she didn't want to say goodbye, not yet. It's too soon.

   The girl jumped a bit, blinking when she felt something warm wrapping around her neck. She turned her head to the side to look up at Taehyung as he fixed his scarf around her neck, confusion written on her features.

   "To keep Sujeongie warm," Taehyung answered her unspoken question with a grin.

   "But it's yours, V-ssi . . ."

   "Gwenchana," said Taehyung. "I have a lot of them at home. You can consider this my Christmas gift for you."

   Sujeong blushed." K-Kamsahamnida," she mumbled shyly, burying half of her face unto the scarf. It smelled like cinnamon.

   "You don't have to be so formal with me, Sujeong." Taehyung chuckled. "So where do we go next?"

   "W-We?" The girl's heart thumped.

   "Yes, we!" Taehyung nodded. "We should hang out, you know? I mean, don't you think so? We haven't talked for so long after the hosting we did!"

   Sujeong's grip on her can tightened, stopping the urge to throw herself on the boy and hug him." Y-Yes, of course! We should, I'd love to." She hoped she didn't sound too excited. "B-But I don't really have a specific place to go. I just wanted to take a walk."

   Taehyung smiled, "Then let's do just that."

 

As the two walked, this time side by side, they decided to catch up with each other and talked about a lot of things that had happened within the year, may they be something funny, personal, or random.

   "Ah, right. Congratulations for winning the Worldwide Performer in MAMA, V-ssi!" Sujeong smiled, finally able to say that personally to the boy. When she found out that their group won an award, she badly wanted to congratulate him but she didn't know how. "You guys deserve it so much."

   "Thank you, Sujeongie! How come Lovelyz wasn't in Hong Kong that night?" Taehyung asked, "You could've seen our collaboration with GOT7 and our first performance of RUN!"

   "B-Because . . ." Sujeong cleared , stuttering upon knowing that the boy noticed their group's absence. "Because the Infinite sunbaenims didn't go as well."

   "Oh, that's too bad." Taehyung frowned a bit, "You were nominated as Best New Female Artist though!"

   Sujeong nodded and chuckled lightly, "We were but we didn't win anyway."

   "Being nominated is still something!" Taehyung nodded, "so congratulations too! I know you did your best."

   "T-Thank you, V-ssi." Sujeong smiled, "Speaking of RUN, you've been very busy promoting your new song, no? And you also won first place four times if I'm not mistaken?"

   "Yup! We've been very busy so I'm thankful I got this chance to take a walk around and with you as well." Taehyung grinned. "And yes, we won four times. You seem so updated, Sujeongie." He teasingly gave her side a playful nudge.

   Sujeong flushed, "I-I just see backstage, I—"

   Taehyung laughed at how the girl was being cute, his deep laughter echoing inside Sujeong's head. "I was just teasing you, Sujeongie." He pinched her cheek gently, "Aigoo, I've always wanted to do that!"

   "M-Meanie~" She pouted, rubbing her cheek in an attempt to hide her blushing face.

   "Heh," Taehyung grinned. "Oh, your comeback title is 'For You', right?" He asked in which Sujeong answered with an "mm-hmm" and a nod. "We have a title track entitled 'For You' too! Did you know that?"

   "Jinjja? I didn't." Sujeong blinked up at the boy and shook her head.

   "Deh," Taehyung nodded. "It's a Japanese release!"

   No wonder, the girl thought. Of course, they wouldn't promote a Japanese song in Korea. "Can you sing a line from that song, V-ssi? I'd like to hear it!"

   "Sure!" Taehyung his lips and grinned.

   Nice move, Ryu Sujeong. You'll be able to hear him sing live as in personally for you. She thought.

   For you.

   Taehyung cleared his throat before starting to sing. "Subete for you, kotae nante ~"

   Just those few words and Sujeong's heart started skyrocketing. Why did his voice have to sound as warm as him?!

   "Naku te ii subete wa kimi no egao no naka ni aru, truth ~ Hanare te i te mo kokoro to kokoro wa tsunagatte iru forever kimi to."

   Sujeong has already clutched both her hands on her chest by the time Taehyung finished singing. She wanted to hear him sing more . . . She wanted more.

   Taehyung noticed the girl's silence so he looked at her, blinking. "So what do you think?"

   Sujeong looked back at him before looking ahead again, hiding her tomato-colored cheeks with her hair. Okay, she's gotta admit that she's been liking the boy ever since they were casted to host a show together but she thought her feelings had already subsided into just a small crush now that it has been a year but everything came back like a wave and it was hitting her harder as if she has already fallen in love. She had watched their Best of the Best and aside from the fact that she's done a lot of embarrassing things and awkward moments on camera, she thought that the two of them make a good partner. And she's seen how Taehyung would look at her while he listened as she spoke . . . She wanted that again, that stare she was sure would make her melt. Ugh, I sound so hopeless!

   "Sujeongie?"

   The addressed suddenly sneezed and was reminded of their previous comeback entitled "Ah-choo!" and how the lyrics are matching her situation right now, perfectly as if it was written for her in advance.

   "Hey, are you okay? Are you feeling cold?" Taehyung stopped walking and so did Sujeong. He tried to look at her but she was hiding behind the curtains of her bangs and the soft fabric of his scarf. Instinctively, he reached out a hand to touch her arm, wanting to get her attention. Was she feeling sick? Did they have to go to the hospital to get her checked?

   Meanwhile, the girl was having a conflict with her feelings within. Kim Taehyung should stop being so nice to her right now or else she might get the wrong idea and get her hopes up. This is BTS' V she's having feelings for and she's just Lovelyz's Ryu Sujeong. She can't . . . She's not supposed to . . . "I-I'm okay," she managed to answer so as to not worry the boy. "I'm okay, don't worry!" But she couldn't breathe and her heart was pounding so fast. Even if he was just trying to have a look of her properly, his face was too close and even if it was already getting late, she can still clearly see his perfect features.

   Taehyung smiled and pinched her nose this time. He couldn't help it. The girl was just too cute. The first time he saw her in person, he immediately had the urge to hug her tight. If he were to compare her to an animal, it would be a bear. He doesn't know why, she just looked so cuddly and her chubby cheeks added to her cuteness too. He couldn't stop staring at her. He liked her then and still likes her now. Every time they were asked which girl group they'd like to get close with, he badly wanted to say her name, just like how their maknae, Jeon Jungkook, would boldly say IU's name but of course, he knew he couldn't just say "Lovelyz's Ryu Sujeong" on screen. It isn't part of the script, it isn't what he was supposed to say.

   But now that she's in front of him right now, he intended to let her know what he feels before they part ways again. Celebrating Christmas Eve with her was one thing he's very happy about but confessing to her . . . Even if it were impossible for Sujeong to return his feelings since she feels so distant to him, at least he was able to convey his feelings to her. He just didn't know when the right timing was.

   It's not that Sujeong intended to be distant to him though, she just figured she shouldn't let her feelings loose and be known. It's impossible for Kim Taehyung to like her back is all.

   She wrinkled her nose after the boy pinched it then the two of them looked up when the fireworks started to paint the night sky, indicating that the twenty-fifth has arrived. Sujeong then forgot all her worries for awhile, smiling widely at the display. "Wah, yeppeo da! It's a white Christmas!" And she couldn't believe she's spending that moment with Kim Taehyung.

   But aside from the fireworks, the latter noticed something else: the place where they were standing at all this time. It was an arc, the entrance to a park, and in the middle of it hung a mistletoe. Holy , the boy thought as his heart thumped. He didn't know if he was lucky or not but one thing he was sure of is that if you're with someone under the mistletoe, you have to kiss that person.

   Taehyung looked at Sujeong whose attention was still on the fireworks. He his lips as his eyes travelled on her lips which was no longer hidden by his scarf as she was looking up at the sky. Should he tell her or not? Maybe, he shouldn't? So the girl wouldn't get pressured? But this is the chance . . . the timing he was looking for! Maybe, he could tell her that he likes her while the fireworks are still booming in the sky. That way, she wouldn't be able to hear it but he was able to say it out loud, out from his system.

   Yeah, I'll do that. Taehyung thought, his heart seeming to pound louder than the booming fireworks. Sounds like a plan. "Sujeong, I like you. I always have."

   But the girl turned to him, her eyes widening in surprise.

   Taehyung froze, his eyes widening as well. Why?! The fireworks just had to stop when he said the words! Talk about bad timing, damn it. "I-" He gulped. What should he say now?!

   On the other hand, Sujeong was still processing what she heard and if she heard it right. But she couldn't deny the clarity of his words, the fireworks had stopped and everything was quiet when he said them: Sujeong, I like you. I always have. "W-What?" Dumb. "I mean r-really?"

   She was searching his eyes, he can tell. But he said it already, wouldn't it be embarrassing to repeat it again? She seemed serious with the question though. She wanted to hear it again. Taehyung bit his bottom lip. Idiot, she's waiting. Then he remembered the mistletoe. Screw that, I'm going to kiss her.

   And so he did.

   Sujeong's breath hitched when Taehyung leaned down and planted his lips on hers as he held her by the arms. They were warm against her cold ones and she could taste the hot chocolate he drank earlier. His lips were soft like marshmallows and she couldn't help but close her eyes and relax, tilting her head up a bit to press her lips against his, letting him know that she likes this . . . that she likes him.

   Taehyung then wrapped his arms around Sujeong when she didn't pull away and kissed her deeper. The girl's hands found their way to grip on the side of his jacket and when they felt the need for air, they pulled away but still kept each other close. He already confirmed her that he indeed likes her but this time, it was Taehyung who needed the answer.

   Sujeong can see the confusion in his eyes then she shyly pecked him softly on the cheek. "I like you too. I always have."

   The boy couldn't stop the wide grin spreading across his face as he brought Sujeong in his arms again, finally embracing her in his warmth. He couldn't hide the happiness he felt and so was the girl who's burying her face against his neck, getting a whiff of Taehyung's cinnamon scent. This is the warmth I really wanted, she thought and the fireworks lit up the sky again.

   Sujeong then looked up, placing her chin over Taehyung's shoulder to watch the fireworks then she blinked at what greeted her sight instead. "Omo,"

   "Wae?" Taehyung asked, pulling away.

   Sujeong pointed up. "There's a mistlet—" She stopped when the boy stole a peck on her lips then he grinned playfully.

   "I know."

   "Y-Yah—" Sujeong blushed and pinched the boy's waist. "You're sneaky!"

   Taehyung just heartily laughed as he rubbed his side before taking Sujeong in his arms again which she gladly returned. "Merry Christmas, Sujeongie." He whispered.

   "Merry Christmas, V-ssi." Sujeong smiled. She was so happy. She didn't expect that today will turn out this great and she didn't want it to end.

 

Taehyung decided to walk Sujeong back to her dorm, or at least near her dorm, since it was late already. They were walking hand in hand while Sujeong's free one wore Taehyung's other glove. The boy then remembered that Sujeong has yet to comment on his singing awhile ago. He lightly squeezed on the hand he's holding which was very cold earlier. "Sujeongie still hasn't told me what she thinks of the song."

   "O-Oh yeah, I forgot." Sujeong flushed from embarrassment. "I didn't understand anything but I loved it. The song was nice," she nodded and shyly added. "Your voice is nice."

   Taehyung grinned widely. "Thank you, Sujeongie! I'm glad you loved it!"

   "So what did that line mean, V-ss–?" Sujeong bit her tongue when the boy gave her a look and cleared . "T-Taehyung . . . Taehyung-oppa." She blushed at how she addressed him. The cheeky boy wanted her to call him by "Taehyung-oppa" even when she told him that "V-ssi" is fine and that there's nothing wrong with it but the boy insisted and when Sujeong asked him why, he just said "Because I want you to call me that. Plus, I'm older than you!" in a whining tone. Kid.

   Taehyung's grin returned and he said, "It basically means that everything is for you and there doesn't have to be an answer. Everything is within your smile and it's true that even if we're apart, our hearts are connected and I'm forever with you."

   "T-That's a very heartwarming message," Sujeong said.

   "So is yours!" Taehyung pinched her cheek and sang Lovelyz's chorus for "For You". "Keep your head up, I'll be there for you, my love. When things get tough, you can lean on me, let's share dreams. All this great love I have, I have for you." And he was also even doing their choreography with his free hand, refusing to let go of Sujeong's.

   "Aish, oppa, you're embarrassing me." The girl shook her head and Taehyung just laughed as they kept walking, passing by the vending machine with the drink still stuck between the glass and the metal.

   Sujeong didn't forget to thank the can.


 AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm so delusional. I seriously want more bts x lovelyz interactions, sighpie. But anyway, I hope you liked this oneshot. Tell me if I have any glitches because I'm just using my phone. ; ; Once again, Merry Christmas! And have a Happy New Year!