Mr Fishy and The Bread Monster

Mr Fishy and The Bread Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my fiery cheesecakes, Joonie! Put that poor fella down now!”

 

Joonmyun only turned to look at his father innocently, hand still strangling the hell out of the wiggling fish.

 

“But Papa! Look! Mr Fishy is dancing!” Joonmyun lifted the fish higher, trying to show Sehun what he meant.

 

“No, Joonie. Mr Fishy is not dancing. He’s suffocating! Put it back into the tank now!” Sehun hollered at his son, hands placed on his bony hips.

 

Joonmyun pouted and walked over to the tank, tiptoeing to dunk the almost dead fish back into it. As soon as the fish touched the water, it swam as far as possible from Joonmyun – like a prey running away from its predator.

 

Sehun shook his head disapprovingly at his son, who still had the cheek to smile as if nothing had happened. He cursed internally, reminding himself to scold Jongin for buying the fish tank, that big softie. Just a few whines from the twins and he promptly paid for the tank, despite protests from Sehun.

 

He squatted down and pulled Joonmyun closer, pulling out a piece of wet tissue to wipe his tiny hands.

 

“You shouldn’t do that, Joonie ah. Fishes will die if you leave it out without water,” Sehun gently reprimanded, cleaning each of Joonmyun’s fingers thoroughly.

 

Joonmyun looked up at him cluelessly, big brown eyes reflecting Sehun’s face.  “Why, Papa? Aren’t fishies like us?”

 

Sehun chuckled, leaning to pinch Joonmyun’s nose.

 

“No, honey. Fishes can only breathe in water,” Sehun paused, getting up to throw the used wet tissue into the bin. “They different from us, understood?”

 

Joonmyun nodded his head slowly, brain still processing the new information.

 

“Come here,” Sehun plopped down onto the sofa, stretching his arms towards Joonmyun. Joonmyun grinned happily and ran towards him with his short stubby legs.

 

Sehun lifted Joonmyun onto his lap, and smothered his face with kisses. Joonmyun began to giggle, feeling ticklish from his father’s ministrations.

 

“Papa! Stop! Tickle! Hahaha!” Joonmyun laughed out, squirming in Sehun’s hold.

 

“Uh uh, Joonie ah. That’s for lifting Mr Fishy out of the water!” Sehun said, lifting Joonmyun higher to belly blow him. Joonmyun screamed out, laughing even more.

 

“Sehun ah! Where did you put the salad dressing? I can’t find it!” Jongin called out from the kitchen.

 

Sehun stopped tickling Joonmyun, replying his husband. “It’s in the first drawer on the left! You saw it?”

 

Jongin’s reply came a few seconds later. “No it’s not there! Did you place it somewhere else?”

 

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and placed Joonmyun down. He swears Jongin is blind or something. The salad dressing has always been placed at the same spot!

 

He padded towards the kitchen, Joonmyun following in tow. Yet when he stepped into the kitchen, he couldn’t help but to let a fond smile graze his lips.

 

Soojung was standing on a stool in front of the kitchen table, hand holding a spatula. Jongin was standing right behind her, giving her instructions on what to add into the salad.

 

“Don’t put in too much bacon bits, Soo ah. Your Papa doesn’t like them,” Jongin told Soojung, who turned and showed her father a toothless grin.

 

“Okayth.”

 

The girl lost her two front teeth a few days ago when biting into a piece of bread. The scene was so adorable, Sehun and Jongin were sure that they wouldn’t forget it for the rest of their lives.

 

 

“Papa,” Soojung called out.

 

“Hmm?” Sehun continued to dig into his peanut butter and jelly toast, not looking at his daughter.

 

“Looth at meh! Hehe!” Sehun wondered why Soojung sounded so weird. When he looked up, he saw Soojung grinning widely at him, a hole in-between her perfect set of tiny teeth.

 

“Oh my god! Where are your teeth?” Sehun exclaimed, beckoning Soojung to come closer.

 

“Jongin!” Sehun called his husband who was still reading the newspaper, oblivious to his surroundings.

 

“Yes baby?” Jongin looked up. “Oh my!”

 

“Oooh! Soo Soo has a hole in !” Joonmyun said in horror, pointing at his twin. He ran towards Jongin, which the latter readily picked him up onto his lap.

 

“Dada! Save Soo Soo! She has a hole in ! Die!”

 

Jongin pinched his son’s cheek, smiling. “Don’t worry, Joonie ah. It’s nothing serious. Soojung is dropping her baby teeth. You dropped yours awhile ago, remember?”

 

Joonmyun nodded his head in realization, forgetting that he had once dropped his tooth too.

 

“Where are your teeth now, Soo?” Sehun asked, using his hands to gently pry open Soojung’s mouth. A tiny bit of white can be seen at the bottom of the gums, which meant that the adult teeth are growing quick. Sehun smiled. His kids are really growing up quickly.

 

“Breath!”

 

“Huh?” Sehun didn’t understand what she meant.

 

Jongin shook his head in amusement. “I think she meant bread, Sehun ah.”

 

Sehun gave Jongin a smile, in which the latter winked. Sehun blushed and reached over to Soojung’s piece of bread. Indeed, there were two tiny teeth stuck in the piece of toast. He laughed and passed his husband the toast, who readily showed it to Joonmyun.

 

“Bread monster!” Joonmyun screamed, burying his face into Jongin’s chest, causing the latter to laugh his heart out.

 

“Dada! Bread monster took Soo Soo’s teeth!” Joonmyun looked up at his father, tears welling up at the corner of his eyes.

 

 

Sehun remembered that both Jongin and him had to spend almost an hour convincing Joonmyun that there is no such thing as a ‘bread monster’, with Soojung hugging her twin like no tomorrow. It was only when Soojung ate the bread up did Joonmyun believed that the ‘bread monster’ was dead.

 

Sehun smiled to himself, not realising that he was lost in his own thoughts until Jongin called out for him.

 

“Hun?” Jongin waved a hand in front of his husband, wondering what was Sehun thinking about that made him smile like that.

 

Sehun walked over to the where the salad dressing was placed at a handed it to Jongin. Joonmyun had already pulled his sister out of the kitchen, telling her that he would introduce her to Mr Fishy. The latter readily agreed, instantly forgetting about the bowl of salad she was helping her father to make just awhile ago.

 

“Don’t take Mr Fishy out of the water!” Sehun bellowed at them, earning him an ‘okay’ and ‘okayth’ at the same time.

 

Sehun turned to face Jongin again, who was pouring the salad dressing into the salad bowl.

 

“And you said you couldn’t find it,” Sehun squinte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter