final

Dried leaves

It is autumn right now.

The park is empty. Cold wind blowing occasionally breaking dried yellowish leaves along with it. Beside rare sound of leaves rustling the park is lifeless. It is so silent that it is almost deafening.

Jungkook is sitting under a large tree. He does not know what tree it is but it is his favourite place in the park. Not only his but also Soomin's.

They will always play below the tree when they were small. When they were in middle school, they would have little picinic in their holidays. That was the place where they made their memories, their childhood, their first hug and eventually their first kiss.

Their first kiss.

Jungkook was the one who was blushing instead of Soomin who could not stop giggling. He could not help himself from smiling at the thought of such a sweet memory. He lets out a long sigh.

He is dressed in black suit and is wearing a black tie. Soomin always used to joke that he looked like a hier to a big company when he wears a suit. Jungkook is holding white roses, Soomin's favourite and somehow quite suitable for today.

He lets out another long sigh thinking about today. A cool gust of wind passes by rustling leaves and taking some along with it. He watches as a leaf get detached from the tree and sways along with the winds. It slowly lands on the heap of other dried leaves.

Jungkook just keeps looking at the dried leaves when a single tear rolls down from his eyes. Leaves are falling. Leaving the tree just like soomin has left jungkook. Hanging alone. Like the leaves have left other leaves on the tree alone while they sway away with the wind.

Jungkook and Soomin always shared everything and anything. But Soomin had decided something and decided not to tell jungkook about that. Even though she knew how will it affect both of their lives. But Soomin didn't told him and it really hurt him.

Jungkook couldn't believed that she could take such a huge step with out telling him. Jungkook is so much lost in his own thought that he didn't even heard someone approaching him. He gets out of his thought when he felt someone's hand on in shoulder.

"Kookie", a familiar voice speaks.

He does not need to look back to know who it is.

"I don't think I can do this, hyung" jungkook spoke almost as a whisper.

Jimin slowly sits beside jungkook and speaks,"Kookie, we know that this is hard for you. Soomin ,not deciding to tell you about it,has made even harder for you. But you need to think why she did it."

"I don't know hyung. How could she -". Jungkook can't finish sentence. Tears start to make their ways down. They remain silent for some moment and jimin decided to break the silence.

"Kookie, it's ok. Just don't cry. We all don't know why she decided to hide it from you. But you must come today. You know how much it means for her, right?" Jungkook just nods and start to stand up. He wipes his tear and picks up the roses. Jimin also gets up. They start to make their way to the van where others are waiting. On seeing jungkook they all give him sad smiles.

They arrive at the place and make their way to the venue. Soomin's mom greet them and give them a sweet sad smile.They are late but she was glad that they arrived. She walks towards them.

   "Jungkook, do you want to say something? Everybody is expecting you to say something because you were so close with her" she says. Jungkook doesn't reply to her. "Oh! I'm so sorry. It must be hard for you. I'm so sorry. I know her decision might have-".

"No no ,please don't apologize. I - I just can't do anything right now. I just want to see her. Is- is it okay?" he asks. "Yeah, go ahead" she replies giving him a smile. He makes his way to the front of the crowd. It wouldn't take second thought to know that Soomin is a loved person, adored by everyone.

Friends, neighbours, teachers everyone has gathered to give greetings to her, last greetings.

He looks at the sleeping face of soomin. So calm, so pretty. Just like an angel. He bends down to put the flowers beside her, her favourite ones.

Looking at her now, no one will belive what she has gone through.

An year ago, Soomin started to pass out everytime she did something hard. At first everyone thought it was due to weakness. But later on an extensive check up it was found that her arteries were thickening and she needed surgeries to get it right. It was a shock to everyone, especially to jungkook. But he knew she was brave and she will survive it all.

After many surgeries and no significant progress her doctor referred her a risky sugery that may solve the problem but it has very low survival rates. Very few undergo this surgery and even fewer are lucky enough to survive it. Only her parents knew about it. She decided not to tell jungkook about it fearing that he will get scared and try to convince her not to go through it.

She didn't wanted jungkook to see her in such a miserable state, between life and death. She left a letter for jungkook if she didn't made it and unfortunately she didn't. When jungkook heard the news he was at school at lunch. He rushed to the hospital to find that he was late.

To find that he was alone .

All alone.

Left behind hanging while Soomin had fell.

Just like a dried leaves...