Unto You

Unto You

Hi everyone, I'm making a comeback as a TaecKhun writer. I've been holding this in for too long and I'm finally able to write the short piece. Please love TaecKhun. :D Oh, and this is inspired by my final night shift for the previous rotation. :D


 

Right. So, this patient is Mr. Lee Tae Gyun, 45 years old with diabetic foot. He’s been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus type 2 for 11 years. He had been complaining about the numbness he felt on both of his legs since 5 years ago and had developed ulcerations twice over the past year. He was brought to the ER yesterday due to diabetic ketoacidosis with serum keton level of 6.20 and was on DKA protocol for 6 hours. Blood gas analysis showed the pH returned to normal and the keton was eliminated from the blood. He was admitted to the ward early this morning. And by early, I meant at 2 AM. His vital signs are stable now, glucose level at 6AM is 221 with insulin drip 2.5 unit per hour. Do consult dr. Kim for the therapy conversion to correctional dose. And that’s it,” TaecYeon said behind the green mask he wore.

Alright, has the ulcer pus’ gram staining result came out?” MinJun asked, scribbling some pretty much non-readable handwriting. Well, TaecYeon’s not one to judge, so he just let it pass his mind.

No. We just sent the sample to the lab thirty minutes ago. It’s gonna be out around 2 to 3 hours, lab said,” TaecYeon flipped through the pages and found his notes about the lab.

So, for now, I’m just gonna go with the empirical therapeutic protocols, right?

Yeah, and I forgot to tell you that patient from room 804 bed E was on Tramadol therapy. Please do check if she was complaining any sign of nausea. Cause JunHo said she’s on electrolyte correction,” TaecYeon said earning MinJun’s nodding head.

And MinJun, I’ve made the reports for last night’s case on the computer in resident’s room. If you need anything DO NOT call me. Everything’s in that computer. NichKhun’s gonna make me sleep in the attic if he hear any phone calls this weekend,” TaecYeon added. MinJun, just rolled his eyes.

Just go already!

 

 

 

TaecYeon walked out – sprinted his way out to be honest – of the ward building, heading to the parking area where he parked his car and as soon as he got on it, he started the engine and drove off the parking lot, creating screeching sounds as it sped up insanely. He wanted to be home for the weekend. He wanted to rest before continuing the vicious work cycle on Monday. But mostly, he wanted to be with NichKhun.

He sighed when he saw another red light. It's like the universe was trying to hold him back from getting home early. He slowed the car down and stopped it completely, eyed focusing on the red numbers counting backwards to zero. His mind counted a bit faster than the numbers on the red lights.

He glanced at the clock. It's already late. He promised to be home before 8 AM to NichKhun. Well, considering how it snowed last night and how the streets were covered in snow, it would hardly be a quick trip home. And NichKhun’s not gonna like it. He sighed again.

 

 

 

TaecYeon locked his car and walked through his snow covered yard. This one will be hard to clean up for sure. But that’s not his biggest worries right now. He rushed his steps inside the house through the unlocked door. TaecYeon quickly scanned the living room. He sensed nothing moving was on sight. TaecYeon, still in his night shift outfit, went to the kitchen where NichKhun usually be in the morning. But there were no sign of him. He decided that NichKhun might be in their room.

Khun? Khunnie?” TaecYeon called as he walked to their room.

When he opened the door to their bedroom, he spotted NichKhun curled up on one side of the bed, under his blanket. TaecYeon smiled at the adorable sight. NichKhun might have missed his alarm. TaecYeon quickly went to his side of the bed and spooned NichKhun from behind, tightly embracing NichKhun. NichKhun groaned and forced one of his eyes open.

Taec, you’re still wearing your night shift outfit,” NichKhun said, shifting away from TaecYeon.

TaecYeon chuckled. “All right, all right. I’ll change first.

TaecYeon shifted out of bed and undressed his clothes, heading towards the cupboard, searching for the simplest clothing there was. And when he found his neon green shirt and his bright yellow boxer, he settled for them, before heading back to the bed.

You’re still not up?” TaecYeon asked curiously.

It’s so cold, I don’t want to get out of my bed,” NichKhun said, his voice muffled by the covers.

Come here, I’ll warm you up,” TaecYeon said, sliding into the huge blanket, waiting for NichKhun to turn around and face him, before he himself pulled the other man close to him.

NichKhun snuggled closer to TaecYeon. His cold nose found warmth in TaecYeon’s chest. TaecYeon liked it when he got to baby NichKhun around. TaecYeon ran his fingers on the strands of NichKhun’s hair and caressed it with care.

How was the ward?” NichKhun asked, still half asleep.

Not so hectic, fortunately. But still can’t get any sleep,” TaecYeon muttered softly against NichKhun’s hair.

Then, sleep,” NichKhun said wrapping TaecYeon’s waist with his arms.

Mmhh,” TaecYeon hummed. “Sorry I’m late,” TaecYeon kissed the top of NichKhun’s head.

It’s okay,” NichKhun mumbled, obviously still needing more sleep.

Let’s just order something for breakfast,” TaecYeon suggested.

Sure,” NichKhun said.

Khunnie? Are you asleep already?

Taec, how can I sleep when you were blabbering non-stop?” NichKhun said a bit annoyed.

Right. Sorry. Just, sleep,” TaecYeon said as he himself felt sleepy.

TaecYeon let his tiredness took over, closing his eyes and breathing NichKhun’s smell. The boy felt his eyes were heavy, and with each breath he drove off to slumber.

Wake me up when you wake up, okay?” TaecYeon said yawning.

Mmmhmm,”  NichKhun hummed.

Love you,” TaecYeon said kissing the top of NichKhun’s head.

Me too. Sleep, Taec. When you wake up, I’m thinking of making some pancakes. Then we can order out,” NichKhun threw a meaty leg over TaecYeon’s legs.

That’s why you are the best boyfriend ever,” TaecYeon grinned and doze off.


 

Yup, as a comeback story, I was planning to make this a real oneshot. How was it? Do you like it? Please do share your thoughts in the comment section and subscribe. :D