Bonus 15

The Seven Year Itch

1 Year 1 Month

 

Minseok finishes wiping his mouth as he flushes the thrown-up remains of his breakfast down the toilet. He clenches his stomach as he moves to brush his teeth, feeling yucky from the post-vomit taste in his mouth.

Lu Han stands in the doorway, giving him a look as Minseok glares at him through the mirror.

“You’ve been throwing up for a few days. Are you sure you don’t want to go see the doctor?” he asks his husband, whose busy foaming up his mouth with toothpaste.

“No,” comes the curt reply.

“But Minseok—”

“You better hope for your sake I’m not pregnant, and that this is just residual food poisoning from that crappy sushi restaurant we went to.”

“You think you could be?”

Minseok turns around to give his husband a hard stare. “Like I said, you better hope I’m not.”

At that, Lu Han lets slip a small grin. “Why would that be a bad thing?”

And like clockwork, little Kyungsoo comes running into their bathroom stark , babbling nonsense as he goes to attack the roll of toilet paper, pulling out sheets upon sheets until they lie in a heap on the tile. After letting out a war cry, he runs off again to destroy something else in the house, and Minseok sends Lu Han another glare again.

“That’s why.”

“Aw, he’s not that bad—,” Lu Han starts to argue before being cut off by a loud crash in the hallway.

“That better not have been my crystal vase,” Minseok says, taking off to go assess the damage before Kyungsoo can hurt himself on the pieces.

Lu Han almost hesitates about the possibility of another child before he’s smiling again, unable to help the excitement at the prospect. He can’t deny the fact that he and Minseok make the cutest babies, even though Kyungsoo can be a bit of a handful at times.

He walks out of the bathroom and towards the sound of Minseok scolding Kyungsoo for breaking yet another thing in the house, with little Kyungsoo arguing back with his little “s” and “sorry’s”. Lu Han can’t help but chuckle.

***

They get a call late into the night, Minseok answering it half-asleep.

“Hyung?” he answers, wondering why Kris is calling him at two in the morning on a weekday.

He can hear Kris hyperventilating on the phone before coherent words make it through. “Uh, at the hospital, I had to call EMS—I think the twins are coming so you guys come here too please,” he says, and the anxiety just pours out through the phone.

What?” Minseok bolts up straight, nudging Lu Han on his side causing the other to groan out loud. “Ok, we’re coming as soon as we can.”

I’m losing my ,” he hears Kris whine and Minseok bites back a smile.

“Keep calm, okay? This is a happy occasion,” and with a few more words of encouragement, he hangs up and nudges his still sleeping husband again.

“I want to sleep,” Lu Han complains, turning to find a more comfortable position until Minseok smacks him on the shoulder.

“We have to get to the hospital right now.”

That has Lu Han up in a flash, hovering over Minseok with worry. “What’s wrong? Is it the baby?”

Minseok frowns. “What? No, Yixing went into labor so we need to get there quickly.”

Lu Han lets out a small sigh, nodding as he moves to get out of bed and get ready.

“I’m not pregnant,” Minseok reiterates for the tenth time that week, noticing his husband moping. “The last thing we need right now is another surprise baby.”

“We don’t know for sure that you’re not,” Lu Han mumbles as he dresses. “Did you take a test?”

“I don’t need to. I know I’m not.”

“But what if you are?”

Minseok sighs, not wanting to discuss this right now especially since they’re on their way to see the newest additions to the family. He almost doesn’t want to take Lu Han along since the sight of the newborn twins might make his husband’s baby fever worse.

“Go get Kyungsoo and I’ll wake up Sehun and meet you in the car.”

***

On the way, Minseok almost bangs his head against the steering wheel a few times as Lu Han goes on and on about how beautiful the creation of life is and blah blah blah…

He’s glad his two kids in the backseat are passed out and don’t have to sit through the melodramatic conversation that only Lu Han is contributing to.

“Think about it. If we have a kid now, he or she will only be two years younger than Kyungsoo, and that would be great. They can go to school together, give each other company, maybe teach him patience—how can you not see the pros to this?”

Minseok breathes deeply through his nose to calm down.

“And let’s face it. We make the best kids. Sehun is amazingly handsome and smart, and Kyungsoo is, uh, a little crazy but he’s adorable as hell. How can you not want to make more?”

Minseok rolls his eyes, although he can’t deny the truth to that statement.

“Plus, is it so bad that I want another little creature that looks like you running around? You’re so cute, Minnie. I don’t want to stop until we have twenty.”

At that, Minseok bursts out laughing, thinking of how absurd his husband’s fantasies are. Like hell he’s giving birth eighteen more times. The first two were torture enough.

“Fine—” Minseok notices how Lu Han lights up. “We can have twenty as long as you’re carrying the rest.”

He continues to laugh as Lu Han pouts, turning to the front with his arms crossed.

“That’s what I thought.”

***

It takes about two hours for the twins to arrive via C-section, and Minseok can finally breathe easy.

Between all of Kris’s panicking, Lu Han’s incessant baby talk, and Kyungsoo waking up only to run off down the halls of the hospital ward and having to chase him down every time, Minseok is exhausted. He’s beyond thankful that the other three boys are still knocked out on the little couch in the room.

They wait for Yixing to be wheeled back into his room along with Kris and their new son and daughter, and when they finally do Minseok can’t help but tear up.

“Are you crying?” Lu Han whispers as Minseok waits patiently for Yixing to get situated. “Must be the hormones.”

Minseok stomps on his foot before going to greet the parents and his new niece and nephew, cooing and praising Yixing for doing such an amazing job, to which Kris protests saying that he helped.

Yixing still looks doped out on the pain meds, but he manages a lazy smile as he glances over at his newborns.

“Lin,” he says as Minseok lifts the boy out of his mobile crib while Lian’—their daughter—nestles perfectly in Lu Han’s arms.

“They’re precious,” Minseok says with watery eyes but a large smile.

“Thank God she looks like you, Yixing,” Lu Han jokes as Kris scowls at him. “But it’s going to be tough being the only girl around four boys,” he says referring to the sleeping pile of children in the corner of the room.

“They’ll protect her,” Yixing says before yawning cutely.

“ that, nobody is getting close to her or they’ll have to go through me,” Kris cuts in, flexing his biceps nonstop as Yixing slaps him playfully.

“?” calls a small but cute voice, and they all turn to face Kyungsoo who is waking up and rubbing his eyes. Upon seeing everyone standing around, he squirms and struggles to make his way down until his feet hit the floor, and then he’s running to join the welcoming party. “Baby?”

Minseok smiles at how cute his sleepy son looks, bending a little to introduce the cousins. “Lin,” he says slowly as Kyungsoo stares at the snoozing newborn before hiding behind his dad’s shoulder.

Minseok laughs, motioning Kris to take his son before picking Kyungsoo up and holding him close.

“You’re not the baby of the family anymore, son. Get used to it.”

At that, Kyungsoo lets slip a mumbled “ before curling into Minseok’s neck and closing his eyes, succumbing to sleep once more.

Eventually, they get the other three boys up to introduce them as well, Tao and Chen particularly excited at being big brothers, as they poke the twins’ cheeks and pat them slowly.

Minseok is still holding a sleeping Kyungsoo, heart tugging just the slightest bit when he thinks back to a year ago when Kyungsoo was that small, pink, and wrinkly. He watches as Lu Han comes to stand next to them, still cradling Lian as the little girl squirms in his hold, probably searching for milk.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” Lu Han asks, heartwarming smile on his lips as he watches the newborn.

Minseok nods, mesmerized by his precious niece all snuggled up in her thick, white blanket.

“Just think, our baby might be a girl. Lian and her could play together.”

Just as the words leave Lu Han’s lips, there’s a silent pause in the room before—“A baby? Minseok, you’re pregnant?”

Minseok turns to look at Yixing and Kris, opening his mouth to deny the fact before Lu Han cuts in.

“He might be!”

“I’m not,” Minseok protests loudly when Kris and Yixing let out cheers, shaking his head while cussing Lu Han out in his head. “Lu Han, stop getting your hopes up.”

“Aw, did you take a test to confirm?” asks Yixing.

“No…”

“He has most of the symptoms—he’s been throwing up non-stop, been extra mean to me, and he cried just now—” Lu Han says before Minseok interrupts him.

“What do you mean I’ve been extra mean to you?” he glares at his husband, and Lu Han points to his face.

“See? That right there, that’s just some of it.”

Minseok rolls his eyes.

“That’s some more,” continues Lu Han only to get smacked by Minseok. “And that completes it.”

“I can’t deal with you today,” Minseok huffs as Yixing and Kris laugh.

“It’s okay, I can deal with it. You’re carrying our precious child so I can’t complain,” Lu Han says, a small grin on his lips, and Minseok just ignores him.

 

 

Eventually they head back home after a couple of hours, but not before making a quick pit stop at a gas station to pick up a few things. As soon as they reach home, Lu Han goes to put Sehun and Kyungsoo to bed while Minseok slips into the bathroom and pulls out two pregnancy tests.

He truly doesn’t think they will be positive, but that little jolt of nervousness sparks inside, making his heart beat a little bit faster anyway. He finishes up and waits the allotted five minutes, all the while coming up with different scenarios if they do turn out to prove him wrong.

Maybe Lu Han is right, their next baby could be a little girl and the thought of small ponytails and chubby cheeks makes him warm inside.

Much too soon, his timer goes off and his heart lurches, mild panic settling in as he sneaks a peek at the results. He stares a little longer than necessary, a hint of disappointment settling at the pit of his stomach when both tests indicate a negative result, meaning he’s definitely not pregnant.

Meaning they’re not getting their little girl any time soon, and Minseok walks out of the bathroom to break the news to Lu Han. Even though he knew he wasn’t pregnant, Minseok can’t help but feel a little sad anyway, now that thoughts of a new baby fill his mind.

He curses mentally as he realizes some of Lu Han’s baby fever has officially rubbed off on him, and seeing the twins today certainly didn’t help.

Dammit, Luhan, he thinks with a smile as he watches his husband emerge from Kyungsoo’s room and he immediately goes to hug him.

“Are you…?”

Minseok shakes his head, and he can feel Lu Han sigh before kissing the top of his head.

“You were right,” Lu Han says, chuckling as Minseok squeezes him tighter.

He rests his head against the taller male, basking in the warm embrace before opening his mouth and mumbling into Lu Han’s shirt.

“You can be right too.”

He looks up, planting a kiss on Lu Han’s lips as his husband stands there shocked, and then they’re both smiling and giggling as they make their way into the bedroom, making sure to lock the door behind.



_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)....anyways, this bonus brought to you by kwangri, sorry it took a while!~ i hope you guys enjoyed reading! also, please leave me ideas for any bonuses y'all would like to read because, uh, my brain's been empty for a while (✿´‿`) pls hlp thx