final

11 Promises and an Act of Love

 

 

In a restaurant on the night of Christmas, a brunette was seated waiting for someone. Maybe that someone is special. Let's see and read a story of romance. 

Baekhyun was tapping his feet in annoyance; his giant of a boyfriend was 30 minutes late. He looked outside and saw the streets covered in pretty lights. And it was raining snow outside, such a remarkable sight.Chanyeol told him to wait for him for their annual Christmas dinner. But the idiot is nowhere to be seen. Christmas dinner was important for the both of them. It was 5 years since that special Christmas dinner.

 

"Please Baek attend this blind date for me!" For the first time in forever, his best friend was begging for something. Is it the end of the world?

 

"And why? Give me five reasons why should I go to this stupid blind date of yours?"

 

"One, you don't have a boyfriend. Two, Jongin will notice me. Three, Jongin will think I'm a kind person. Four, Jongin will like me and lastly you can't say no to your bestest best friend Kyunggie right?" And also for the first time in forever Kyungsoo is doing aegyo. Oh god the world is really ending.

 

"Kyungsoo it's clearly obvious that it's just for your own good. Think of me too!"

 

"But its Jongin's friend, he was broken-hearted and needed someone to mend it. Jongin asked me to convince you to give it a try and maybe...

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and said.

 

"Maybe?"

 

"MaybeImayormaynotsaidyesbecauseJonginsaidhe'llaskmeoutonadate."

 

"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun sighed and decided to give it a try besides it was the first favor Kyungsoo asked, it was always him who asks for everything.

 

"Ok."

 

"Really? Thanks Baekkieee!" Kyungsoo hugged the daylights out of him. He wishes he'll not regret this.

 

Instead of doing his usual Christmas routines, (If thats what you call watching movies and eating popcorn at home) he's here waiting for a certain Chanyeol that is dressed in blue. Maybe this date will make him happy on Christmas day. His parents are away from him, he moved to an apartment near his university which makes him 5 hours from home.

 

He doesn't want to go home and besides his parents will just do their work at their house resulting to him spending the chilly Christmas with their housemaids.Yes, Baekhyun is rich. Yes, he does have everything but he doesn't need any of those, he needs love.

Love, such a beautiful word but how does love feel like? He may or may not know what love is, he never received love from his own parents. How do you know when you're in love? He doesn't know either.

He was taken away from his thoughts when a deep voice came from nowhere.

 

"Are you Byun Baekhyun?"

 

When he focused his eyes to where the voice came from, the world seemed to stop. It seems like no one is there just the two of them. It was an unfamiliar feeling; something is fluttering in the pit of his stomach. His heart is beating in a fast pace. And he felt like he lost his ability to speak.

 

"Ummm... Are you okay Baekhyun-sshi?"

 

"Huh? What?" At last he found his voice but managed to speak a few words.

 

"Hello. I'm asking if you're okay but never mind it seems like you're perfectly fine. By the way I'm Chanyeol. Nice to meet you." The guy said showing him his 100 watt smile. Baekhyun was completely mesmerized but he needs to respond.

 

"H-Hi I-I'm B-Baekhyun." Chanyeol chuckled at him. Baekhyun cursed himself for stuttering.

 

Baekhyun laughed at the memory he knows he looked stupid that night. It was the first time he got nervous in front of someone and stupid Chanyeol was the reason.

It was already 11:30 pm, Chanyeol said they'll meet in Kyungsoo's restaurant at 11 but the idiot's presence is still nowhere. Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun is an impatient but he still had the nerve to make him wait. So he decided to call the .

 

Calling Giant....

After three beeps he went to voicemail.

 

"Hi this is Chanyeol I kinda have things to do so leave a message after the beep."

 

"You ing giant I've been waiting for you for almost an hour if you don't go here in five minutes I'm ing leaving!"

 

He's near getting pissed, that giant is getting on his nerves. He decides to fondle with his phone and play a game.

 

After five minutes still no giant, Baekhyun is furious that tears flowed in his eyes. It was the first time Chanyeol didn't went on time. He wiped his tears and decided to arrange his things. Thousands of questions ran in his mind like "Is he sick?"  "Did he forgot of their annual dinner?" "Or worse does he have someone else?"

 

Baekhyun wants to scream but there are a few people present in the restaurant. Then the lights suddenly went off.

God knows how much he hates the dark and also thunder. He remembers the time when Chanyeol went to his apartment when he asked for help.

 

 

Baekhyun shivered as heard the roaring of thunder outside, his insides were wrapped in fear.

 

He needs Kyungsoo right now but the penguin-slash-owl-mutant was with his Nini. Then he remembered Chanyeol, he pick up his phone with shaking hands and dialed Chanyeol's number.

 

Minutes after Chanyeol came, sweating as hell. The idiot ran and didn't care to ride his car. Besides he's only 5 blocks away from Baekhyun. He ran inside Baekhyun's apartment that is surprisingly open. The electricity is down resulting to the darkness that swallowed the whole place. He heard sobs from the bedroom even though loud thunder boomed outside.

 

He opened the door and saw a body wrapped with a blanket, shivering. He removed the piece of cloth and saw Baekhyun crying. It was one of the most heartbreaking scenes he saw.

 

The puppy looked at him with glassy eyes.

 

"C-Chanyeol?" He grabbed Chanyeol and hugged him.

 

"I w-was so s-scared C-Chanyeol." Baekhyun said as his tears continued to flow down his eyes.

 

Chanyeol traced circles on the others back.

 

"Sssshhh Baek it's alright I'm here don't cry."

 

Chanyeol hummed a tune that sent the smaller to sleep.

 

 

He was blinded by a light that was only directed at him. A voice echoed in the darkness. It was familiar, overly familiar. A deep voice that is velvety.

 

"Stay where you are Byun Baekhyun." That er, was he here all the time?

 

"I know that you're angry at me right now. But I just wanted to make this Christmas special. I'm really sorry babe." Words that came from that mouth sent Baekhyun's heart in a fast pace.

 

"Before I say anything else Merry Christmas Baek I love you. And its because its Christmas let me give you gifts."

 

It was really sweet for the giant to do all of this.

 

He's expecting a 185cm giant with Santa Claus costume and a bundle of gifts but instead it was their group's maknae holding a teddy bear. Together with the soft tune that echoed in the whole restaurant.

 

Sehun hugged him and whispered a "Merry Christmas" and left into the darkness.

 

"You're probably confused right now right? But you'll know the truth later. Remember our first date in Lotte world? You asked for a bear like this but being me the idiot, didn't had the chance to get you one. But here it is same design and all. Sorry it was five years late." Baekhyun chuckled at the giant's statement. He always makes him smile.

 

"Baek just like a teddy bear, you could go to me and hug me if you need one. I promise I would always be by your side whenever and wherever." Baekhyun hugged the teddy bear as a smile was painted on his lips.

 

Then a tan colored male went to him and handed him a box shaped like a heart that contains chocolate. And just like Sehun did he hugged him and whispered a "Merry Christmas"

 

"Before I say anything eat the chocolate Baek I know you're hungry." Baekhyun giggled and ate the chocolate.

 

"Did you tasted the sweetness? I promise to always make you feel the sweetness of my love. And I will do my best to not let you taste any bitterness and certainly my love is not completely like chocolate for it will never melt as long as you're here."

 

Baekhyun smiled as he can feel the sweetness of Chanyeol's love.

 

Next is a certain panda dressed in Gucci clothes. He gave him a necklace with a diamond that is shaped as a heart as a pendant and placed it on his neck. He did the same as Sehun and Kai. But completely squealed "I'm so happy for you Hyung." then left.

 

"I like how your eyes look, how they shine with emotions. I want to be the reason why your eyes shine with happiness. I promise to make those eyes with just pure happiness."

 

After that Kyungsoo emerged from the darkness holding a piece of pink paper, it was familiar. His best friend went to him, eyes wide and glassy with tears.

 

"Be happy Baekkie and Merry Christmas." He handed him an envelope that is obviously made a few years back it was a little dusty.

 

"Do you remember this envelope?" Baekhyun thinks deeply but still can't remember anything.

 

"Flip the envelope and see what's written on the back." Baekhyun obeyed the giant and read the letters that are written there, his eyes widened when he realized what the envelope was. It was-

 

"Yes Baek, it was the love letter you gave me 5 years ago. It's your choice if you want to read it again or not." Chanyeol laughed and Baekhyun puffed his cheeks which are red in color now. He knows what he once wrote back then was extremely embarrassing.

 

"So you decided to not read it. Anyways, I know you're surprised to know I still have it until now. Its because its a special gift from a special person. Just like how I treasured that letter of yours, I promise to treasure you more than anything else."

 

Baekhyun smiled and indeed he felt like he was treasured.

 

Baekhyun walked to Chanyeol slowly shaking with nervousness. He was patiently waiting for the smaller brunette in a cafe.

 

He tapped Chanyeol's shoulder and handed an envelope with a heart in it.

 

"Ummm.....C-Chan. Here you go!" He said then dashed like lightning out of the cafe.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Chan, I just wanted to tell you this, Umm.. before I get to the point I just want you to know I'm really thankful that you're always beside me. Always there when I need someone. This is embarrassing, I know I'm already 23 years old but still I made a cheesy letter. I'm sorry I can't tell you this face to face. But I wanted you to know I like you.

 

  -BBH♥

 

 

 

 

 

And yes it made Chanyeol smile like a creep.

 

 

Suddenly a dinosaur-like human being a.k.a Kim Jongdae appeared in the darkness carrying eyeglasses.He smiled at him.

 

"Yo wassup B."

 

"Wassup J!"

 

He handed Baekhyun the eyeglasses and whispered a "Merry Christmas." And by that he left through the darkness.

 

Then the velvety voice spoke again.

 

"I can see through you Baek. Through the glass I know what you always feel. And I promise to always consider your feelings. I'll try not to be selfish and you know I'm trying right?"

 

Since this cheesy gift of his giant started, his heart was filled with warmth and happiness. Not just today, everyday with his giant feels like heaven.

 

Then a friend appeared, a friend he never saw for almost three years now. It was Yixing.

 

 

"Yixing hyung!"

 

"Huh? How did you knew my name?" Baekhyun laughed at his hyung's forgetfulness, it was still there.

 

Yixing laughed.

"I'm just joking Baek. Merry Christmas." He smiled, showing his dimples. He handed Baekhyun a band-aid.

 

"A band-aid is used to cover wounds. I promise to be your band-aid. When you're wounded, I will always be there to mend it. And not just mending, I will also protect you so that you'll never get wounded anymore. I am the band aid of your heart."

He smiled, it was true Chanyeol was always his protector. The band-aid of his heart.

 

Next is a person as white as snow. The mother of their group, Suho.He doesn't have anything which made Baekhyun confused. Suho hugged him tight, he knows the latter is crying which makes him ugly. Suho wiped his tears and smiled at Baekhyun.

 

"Hyung is very happy for you Baek. Merry Christmas." He left without giving him anything. What was his giant up to?

 

Before Chanyeol spoke, he chuckled a bit. Amazed by his boyfriend's cute confused expression.

 

"The reason why Suho hyung doesn't have anything, its because the next thing I'm gonna give you is part of my body." Baekhyun's eyebrows arched, thinking something green.

 

"Ah uh no naughty comments." Both of them laughed. Was it telepathy?

 

"A shoulder to lean on. I will always be there when you need me Baek. Even if I'm at work just call me and I'll be there, I promise you that."

 

He was always there for him. And Baekhyun is extremely thankful. Chanyeol was always there with him, either ups or downs. It was making him emotional, his eyes glassy because of the unshed tears.

 

Next was a tall idiot like Chanyeol himself. Kris walked to him like he was in a ing runway. Even though Kris has a slight narcissist side he was their group's father figure. And he treasured him, not just him but everyone else in the group. They are one after all.

 

Kris handed him a photo book. He had never seen this photo book before. When he opened it, it was filled with his pictures. Stolen to be exact, what a creepy boyfriend. He scanned more and saw pictures of the both of them in their first date, even their first sleepover together. He was awestrucked he didn't knew that Chanyeol kept such memory.

 

 

"Since the day our relationship started, I always take a picture of you. Whenever you're looking or not I always do. When I'm alone and lonely and when you're not there with me because you're busy, I look at those and I'll be happy again. Baek I want to fill that book with our pictures until we're in canes."

At first he was creped out of his boyfriend but it was exceptionally sweet. Baekhyun held back his tears, as it will smudge the eyeliner he had a hard time applying.

 

 

Came next a feminine beauty that he missed. He was always busy with work. Of course models have hectic schedules. The said beauty ran and hugged him tight.

 

"I missed you Baekkie. Long time no see" Luhan said as he smiled sweetly.

 

"I missed you too hyung." Baekhyun said. Then Luhan gave him a picture of stairs. Baekhyun giggled, his weird boyfriend and his weird gifts. And then Luhan ran again into the darkness.

 

"Stairs Baek. I promise to be with you every step of the way. I will always be here whenever you achieve something and take another step to your dreams."

 

Chanyeol doesn't know but he is one of Baekhyun's dreams. He wipes the tears in his eyes before it ruins his makeup.

 

He now expects a hyung that has chubby cheeks. He knows Chanyeol arranged them by age. It was sweet that his boyfriend used his time and effort to make them together again after all these years that passed.

Then there he is the oldest of their pack, Xiumin. He knows the older always has a hard time showing his feelings, with words. So the older hugged him and gave him a cd that has letters on it that read lucky. Before he could know it that older is nowhere to be found. He may be the oldest but he was always shy.

 

 

"You know I love writing songs right? Especially if its for someone special to me. This is my last gift for you. I love you Baek."

 

The soft tune was replaced by an unfamiliar tune. A voice came from his favorite person then it combined with the tune.

 

Being born in the same country

Talking in the same language

We’re so lucky, it’s such a relief

Nothing is for certain in this world

 

 

On a day that I wore nice clothes

I met you, I was lucky

It’s because I did good in the past

 

 

I can call your name and I can hold your hand

Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy?

You call my name and you lean on my shoulder

Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling?

So lucky, my love

So lucky to have you

So lucky to be your love, I am. hmm

 

 

We like the same colors

We like the same movies, lucky

It’s a love that’s meant to be

 

 

I can call your name and I can hold your hand

Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy?

You call my name and you lean on my shoulder

Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling?

So lucky, my love

 

 

We smile brightly in the photo, we’re a perfect harmony

I think I’m a lucky guy, it’s so good like we’re in a fairy tale of our dreams

Oh my god, it’s the best thing to hear

His voice melts me like ice cream

He is picture perfect

 

Because you’re my first, because this song is about you

I’m smiling like this, so only you can see, are you looking at me right now?

I have a new dream, it’s to be one a better man

Because your eyes that look at me make me run once again more than anything else

So lucky, my love

So lucky to have you

So lucky to be your love, I am. hmm

 

 

Baekhyun once held tears, slowly flowed free from his eyes. He was crying in happiness and thanks every God above for giving him such fine man.

Indeed he was lucky to have him.

 

 

A spotlight suddenly enlightened from the other side of the room, there he saw the most important person in his life. Handsome and breathtaking as always. As Chanyeol started to walk to Baekhyun's direction, Baekhyun noticed he was holding a rose and smiling brightly at him. Then the giant came to face him. He never failed to make Baekhyun's heart skip a thousand beats per second. It was as if they were the only ones in the room. The world seemed to stop.

 

 

Chanyeol handed him the red rose he's holding, looked into his eyes and spoke.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, I know we've been together for five years but those years felt like yesterday. You know I love you right?" Baekhyun nodded as tears kept on flowing from his eyes.

 

"I love you so much that I wanted to always see your face when I wake up in the morning. I want to prepare breakfast for you every day. Send you to work and promise you to always make you feel loved. And always make you remember I love you. I know its hard to give promises but I'll do my best to always make you smile. I don't want to see you cry aside from today because you're crying in happiness." Baekhyun chuckled as Chanyeol wiped his tears. But Baekhyun's tears didn't stopped on flowing.

 

"Baek do you want to spend forever with this dumb giant of yours? I know forever does not exist but I'll tell you this, I will make you feel happy as long as I live."

 

Chanyeol went on his knees and showed a box for Baekhyun to see. Baekhyun was overwhelmed still crying.

"Now do you want to be named Park Baekhyun? Sounds great right? Do me a favor Baek."

 

Chanyeol said as he opened the box revealing a beautiful ring but can't compete with Baekhyun's beauty in Chanyeol's eyes.

 

"Will you marry me?"

 

"Yes! Yes I will Chanyeol." Baekhyun held out his pretty hand and Chanyeol slipped the ring on his finger as his tears didn't stop on flowing.

 

Chanyeol stood up held Baekhyun's cheeks and wiped his tears. Then kissed him on the lips. Not with force, with nothing but love.

 

Chanyeol broke their kiss first then hugged Baekhyun and whispered

 

"Merry Christmas soon-to-be Park Baekhyun."

 

 

—♥—

 

Do you Byun Baekhyun, take, Park Chanyeol to be your husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, in health, to cherish with devoted love and faithfulness 'till death do you part?

 

I do.

 

 

 

 

 

—♥—

 

 

"Awww Papa. That was a wonderful story for Christmas!" Little Baekhee said as her eyes glowed.

 

"But Papa! You said there will be boom! Cars and stuff." Chanhyun said as he sulked.

 

 

"Chanhyun let your sister be. Last Christmas I told a story that you requested."

 

"Ok." Chanhyun said as he sulked again.

 

"Now say sorry to your sister."

 

Chanhyun obeyed his mom and hugs his twin sister.

 

"I'm sorry noona. Hyunnie is sorry."

 

Baekhee smiled at her brother and patted his head.

 

 

Baekhyun smiled at his twins. It was their annual Christmas story telling in exchange of their annual Christmas dinner. It’s been three years now.

 

"Is story time over?" A voice came from the kitchen door and the kids ran to their dad. And Chanyeol carried them both, a smile on his face.

 

"Daddy you know what?" Baekhee chirped.

 

"What baby?"

 

"Papa told us a magical Christmas story." The little girl said as she showed her dad one of her most adorable smile.

 

"Yeah Dad! The main characters are Baekhyun and Chanyeol!" Chanhyun said. Chanyeol chuckled at his children.

 

"Who are they Daddy?" Both of them said in unison. The two three-year-old twins thought that their parent's names are literary Mommy and Daddy. Silly twins.

 

"Go and ask your Papa." Chanyeol said as he looked at his wife and smiled. He kneeled and let the two run to their mother and ask him thousands of questions of who Baekhyun and Chanyeol are.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled as they saw their twins drift into their dream wonderland.

Chanyeol suddenly hugs Baekhyun and kisses him on the forehead.

 

"Merry Christmas Love."

"Merry Christmas."

 

 

—♥—

A/N: IM SORRY T______T

ITS CHEESY AF I WANNA PUKE

ANYWAYS HAVE A MERRY CHANBAEK CHRISTMAS