#1〈 ric •° jin 〉— 。

Conversation: Call & Response [ HIATUS ]

requested by: puking
pairing: ricjin
description: jun jin is the last in what was once a long line of powerful dragons. he is constantly hunted by humans and other creatures alike, each time barely escaping without injury. however, one day a new human gets too close and he is injured severely. unbeknownst to both the dragon and his hunter is the bond they begin to form on that fateful winter day. 
genres: fantasy, angst, romance, fluff

+ i love this plot and you probably wouldn't know it but ricjin is one of my absolute favorite shinhwa pairings. ;; i just never post what i write about them because i fear people would think it weird. *shot* anyways, i hope you enjoy the story! >u< 

P.S. - All edits for grammar, spelling mistakes, run-on sentences, etc. will be made later. ;u; I hope you'll forgive me.

P.P.S - The idea got so big in my head that it'll probably be in 2-3 parts. ^^; OTL I hope that's alright. Enjoy part 1 please!


  "Hey, Eric, I here you're going after the dragon?" 

  Eric turned to face the man questioning him, a baldy with some missing teeth and bad breath. With the drink in his hand already on his lips the hunter nodded in reply and took a swig of his beverage. 

  "You better watch out then. There are other hunters who went after the same dragon and claimed it could," the bald man made a dramatic pause for effect, causing Eric to raise an eyebrow and put his glass back to the table. "Shapeshift."

  "Shapeshift?" he asked, watching the other skeptically. 

  "Into a beautiful woman! They say the dragon bewitches all hunters and brings them to their death." 

  Eric only shook his head and hopped of the stool he had been sitting on, suspicious of the other's information but deciding to file it away. 

  "You be careful Eric, or you might just become one of them lost hunters no one remembers." the man then said, causing Eric to smirk as he pulled his hood up. The hunter shook his head in a silent remark as he threw some coins onto the counter and began to head for the door. 

  "It's a suicide mission!" 

  He raised his hand in a still wave before pushing open the tavern door and exiting the building. 

  Once he was out of the tavern, Eric stopped and looked towards the west where Nox Mountain lied. Stories told of the Last Great Dragon circled around the mountain, claiming the monster lived deep inside it. There it would wait for hunters and creatures alike in order to burn and kill them. 

  The dragon was feared just as much as it was hated, and with such a large bounty over its head, Eric planned on being to first to defeat it. 

🔥🔥🔥

  Roooooaaaaaar!

  Running faster than he ever had before Eric was in pursuit of the dragon.

  It was easily 10x larger than he was, covered in red scales harder than the strongest steel. The fire from deep within its stomach had melted both of Eric's blades and forced him to switch to his bow and arrow. 

  Coming to the edge of a large cliff, Eric stopped before the edge and watched as the beast dived into the depths of the ravine. 

  He kneeled down, keeping an eye on the dragon as it circled just above the darkness. Pulling an arrow out of his quiver and setting it into the bow, he reared back and positioned himself. 

  The beast seem to know what he was doing and broke its circle in order to fly upwards. It broke the opening of the cavern, Eric all the time following it with his aim and looking towards the sky. With another roar, the dragon flew to the left as if trying to get away. 

  Just as it made it to the other end of the chasm Eric released the arrow from his bow and watched as it soared over the opening. 

  A pained cry from the dragon met his ears and he watched as it flew towards the snow-covered tops of Mt. Cerulean. 

  Eric couldn't help the small smirk forming on his lips as he put his bow in its case and slung it over his shoulder. With nothing else on him but the weapons and bag of food he carried the hunter started to find a way across the abyss to follow the creature he had harmed. 

🔥🔥🔥

  Eric pulled his hood down tightly, securing it with the long scarf he'd managed to buy before crossing into the winter territory of another kingdom. 

  He had been given permission to follow the dragon into this land from the King himself. It seemed the ruler wanted the last dragon gone just as everyone else did. Eric was happy to provide the service. 

  However, he had been searching for three days now and there was no sign of the dragon. It should have been easy, what with the creature being larger than a house. The lingering thought of it actually escaping remained in the back of Eric's mind. He was sure exhaustion combined with the wound he had inflicted on it would make it easier to capture. 

  Just as he was about to stop searching for the day, he looked up from the snowy white ground and caught sight of large burned out patch on the ground.

  He rushed over to it, eyes following it towards the center. His eyes widened as he saw what rested inside the circle. 

  It appeared to be a body, a man with an arrow sticking out of his stomach. 

  Running over to the other Eric had to pull off his thick scarf and cloak, heat enveloping him as he neared the humanoid figure. He looked closer at the arrow, gulping and refusing to believe the thoughts that entered his head.

  Was this the dragon? 

  Eric could recognize his own arrow, and that was enough evidence to show that indeed, this man could very well be the last great beast of the land. 

  He didn't know what to do, shaking his head as he tried to decide what to do next.