His Majesty's Ivory Walls

Among The Trees (King of the Fay)**

The bridge was much too beautiful for words, with it's marble like structure, to its gold etching. It seemed more like a piece of art than something to walk on.

Ivey began to feel nervous, they met before but this time she would see him in his own true state. 

 This made her feel even more self conscious about herself, what if Chester took one look at her and realized he made a mistake? That she wasn't the girl he had been searching for?

She wished she could wear something more glamorous. The dress was lovely, but it was much too casual for such a beautiful like place like this.

On the other side of the bridge stood two guards, standing tall in white caps and capes. They each held a long sword staff.

As she approached them she felt her stomach clench, they would know right away she didn't belong. Closer she felt her knees wobble slightly. She wished she has a bit more confidence to walk with ease. She was invited, she was trespassing.

 Though she knew this, she still trembled as she walked.

 Two stories above her, A boy of nearly 18 watched with amusement as a tiny, timid girl walk at a snail's pace towards his tower.

The girl jumped back when the tower guards blocked her path,most likely asking her what was her purpose of being there.

If Ivey was a smart girl she would show them the crest in the pocket watch. They would her inside..or chuck her into a cell. One of those things would happen, each would be amusing to see.

If she landed in a cell, he would if course fetch her. He enjoyed a dark joke, but he would never dream of his fairest bride sit in a cold cell all alone. He wasn't heartless quite yet.

"Good girl" Chester whispers to himself as he watches Ivey show the pocket watch to guard.

The tower guards nodded to each other and the one named Doyle escorted Ivey the rest of the way to the tower.

Chester was beginning to grow eager to see Ivey on good grounds again. To be in his ture identity.

The last time he had seen her, she was fading out of consciousness and slipping into the the valley of the Fay. He had held her , hoping she would wake up.

When she didn't he returned to the tower and guided safely to him. For he didn't expect her to eat so much of the bitter apple.  

 The bitter apple was a good way to cross over but it didn't sustain a proper connection to the realms it held. Soon the bitter apple's effects would wear off and Ivey would wake up in he greenhouse.

 At least he would there when she faded and woke up. He wasn't going to let her walk around the human world by herself anymore. Not would he stand to let her live in such a volatile house hold with her abusive father and the daughter of a realm deserter.

Ivey would probably still live among the Fay if it was for that damn old woman, kidnapping her daughter and raising her human.

Chester tried his hardest to let that go but every time he looked at Ivey and heard her blissful ignorance, he remembered her family tore them apart and hid her.

But they were together now and hopefully it stayed that way.

Ivey was handed a white dress with gold ornate  designs, then ushered into a room.

No one had said anything to her since she showed the guards the pocket watch. They just pulled and handed her off to different people.

 She didn't understand what was happening but she was surely she was supposed to wear the dress she was handed. She hoped it was actually her size.

   The dress fit her her like a glove, yet hung off her hips in flattering manner. The sleeves blossomed bell shaped, stopping at her hands. The white tattoos on her hands complimented the dress.

 The only thing that didn't go well with the dress she was given, was her purple braids. They clashed unpleasantly, there was no way they would look good together.

 All the good feeling she felt about herself began to disappear, she felt as if her hair was a sign. She didn't belong and she was fool to ever think she could.

There was a knock at the door, a woman with a bonnet peeked her head in. Smiling before opening the door wider. 

"You look beautiful missus" she says as she bows.

"Thanks" Ivey says

The woman grabbed Ivey's hand gently, "The Prince is ready to see you now"

Ivey was lead by the maiden down the long hall way from before but went the opposite way. When they reached the end of the corridor, the maiden knocked five times on the wall and a door made of White oak appeared.

She turned around and smiled towards Ivey, "I cannot go any further my dear. This is all you. Good luck my princess"

Ivey looked around nervously, this was certainly a important room. She could tell by the lavous, detailed decorations.

The door opened on the side of the room, out stepped Chester dressed in way she never seen before.

 He wasn't dressed in jeans nor did he have a pair of sunglasses perched on his head.
His black hair was the same but it wasn't spiked or anything. He didn't look like the kid she met in her grandmother's old back yard.

"Where are your wings?" Ivey rushed towards him, "Thought you had wings"

Chester smiled that odd smile of his as he bowed for Ivey, showing his back. There was a glimmer just above his shoulder blades, then the glimmering particles grew larger.

Bits and pieces of white feathers began to appear one by one until the formed into a perfect set of wings.

Ivey was astonished by what she was seeing. They were beyond words.

Chester stood up right, his arms crossed as his wings flapped slightly. "Well?"

"Do I have wings?" Was the first thing she sputtered out.

"It depends on kind of fay you are"

"How will I know?"

"If your human blood didn't taint your fay lineage you should know what your affinity is. An affinity with nature like me your Fauna, An Affinity with water or magic your a Flora"

"Which one is better?"

"Neither is better princess"

"Why do you keep calling me princess?"

Chester walked closer so he could take her hand "Because that's what you are"

Ivey looked up into his eyes "How do you know if I'm the one-"

Chester noticed she was beginning to sparkle, which meant that the bitter apple effects would hold her here any longer Soon. He cut her off so he could reassure her before she awoken in the human world.

"The girl fated to me smelled of a garden and earth, just as you do. Your Fauna by birth but human due theivery. Whether on earth or in Fay realm, I'll be by your-"

The glow raising off Ivey blinded him, he could barely feel her hand. Ivey's eyes went wide but slowly started to droop. She was falling asleep.

 Chester sighed, he pulled her closer, kissing the top of her head before before she disappeared completely.

"I'll always be by your side" he whispered when there was nothing left of her.