Final

Santa's Gift

 

 

The new year hasn't even started yet but Sanggyun already felt like jumping off a bridge. He stood there in the cold fighting his inner self about his true feelings. His hands were in his hoodie's pockets trying to warm himself up from the freezing weather. Other than the thin hoodie he was wearing he also wore black shorts. Why he chose such an outfit for the weather was beyond anyone, but he refused to lose to the cold, just like he refused to lose to Santa Claus, well not the real Santa at least.

 

He stood outside a small gate that surrounded some kind of throne where "Santa" was sitting. Kids were waiting in line to sit on his lap and to tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Sanggyun remembers when he was a child, and how all he wanted for Christmas were new toys, but now all he wanted was the guy in the Santa costume, Yooncheol.

 

He hated this feeling, the feeling of being like a cheesy romantic school girl around some guy. This was not how his love life was supposed to end up. He was never supposed to like a guy ever, but there was something about Yooncheol that attracted him so much and he just wanted to kill Yooncheol and then kill himself. The thoughts just made Sanggyun even more annoyed, he jerked and flung his arms around when he felt something land on his nose.

 

"ing snow!" He yelled while wiping his nose from the cold and wet spec.

 

"Wait.. snow?" Sanggyun had just realized it began snowing, and all the kids waiting in line were already gone, including Santa.

 

This is bull. He thought. Sanggyun had been waiting almost an hour for that damn Yooncheol and he left without him. Once again he wanted to kill him.

 

"BOO" A voice from behind him shouted and he felt his whole body jump three feet in the air.

 

"ing !! What the hell?" Sanggyun turned around and found Santa Claus basically laughing his off at him. He was not in the mood for games and really not in the mood for any of Yooncheol's .

 

"What the hell Yooncheol!?" Sanggyun pushed the taller guy in the Santa suit, but the guy continued to laugh until he couldn't breathe.

 

"I..I'm sorry it was just hilarious watching you fight the snow and then standing there like an idiot." Yooncheol kept chuckling under his white beard.

 

"Who's the real idiot here? Look at you! I swear you look like a in that costume."

 

"Now now, you wouldn't want to be on my naughty list now would you?" Yooncheol said playfully narrowing his eyes at Sanggyun.

 

"Gross, I swear I'll kill you." Sanggyun pushed him out of the way and stuffed his hands in his pockets, he proceeded to walk in the direction of their apartment.

 

"You say that all the time." Yooncheol chuckled again following behind Sanggyun.

 

"By the way why are you wearing such thin shorts? You'll freeze to death in this weather especially in this snow."

 

"Shut up I don't need advice from a guy who spends his day talking to children"

 

"You know I'm right though. How about this, take my pants." Sanggyun stopped and turned around to look at him.

 

"You kiddin me?" He lifted his eyebrow at Yooncheol.

 

"I'm not, really. I have clothes under these so you can take my Santa pants."  Sanggyun watched as Yooncheol easily removed the huge pants.

 

"Here take them." As much as Sanggyun didn't want to lose to the cold, he knew he was ing freezing. Without hesitation he put on the Santa pants.

 

"See? And who was making fun of me for dressing up like Santa?" Yooncheol joked.

 

"Shut up and let's go home already." Sanggyun still couldn't figure out why he even liked this guy to begin with.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

"So what do you wanna have for dinner tonight?" Yooncheol asked as Sanggyun slumped himself on the couch. They were roommates, and have been for a couple of months now. Thanks to Yooncheol having an apartment of his own, Sanggyun was invited to stay with him until he could afford a place of his own, so Sanggyun was pretty much a freeloader for now.

 

"You kiddin? Pizza of course!" Sanggyun bounced like a child. Yooncheol scoffed, feeling like a babysitter more than anything.

 

"Why did I even bother asking" Yooncheol whispered.

 

"Oh yeah there's something I have to talk to you about after dinner." Yooncheol spoke. Sanggyun turned around and looked at him suspiciously.

 

"Why can't you tell me right now?"

 

"It's important, but its not urgent, it can wait until after we eat." Yooncheol began dialing the pizza number on his phone while Sanggyun continued to look at him confused. He brushed it off though while Yooncheol ordered the pizza.

 

Immediately after the pizza guy arrived, Sanggyun jumped in joy like a child again.

 

"PIZZAAAAAAAA" Sanggyun yelled as he jumped up and down. The pizza guy stared at him frightened while Yooncheol reached in his wallet to pay the poor guy. He grabbed the pizza box and thanked the guy before closing the door.

 

"Do you really have to act like a child all the time? You freaked that guy out."

 

"I don't care about that guy I only care about pizza." But of course pizza wasn't the only thing he cares about, Sanggyun cares about Yooncheol a lot more than pizza but he wasn't going to say that out loud.

 

Yooncheol set the pizza down at the table as they both sat down. Sanggyun clumsily rushed to grab a piece of pizza, dropping it onto his chest soon after.

 

"Aww!! Seriously!?" Sanggyun groaned.

 

"Dammit Sanggyun this is why you should stop acting like a child!" Yooncheol picked up the slice from the floor and grabbed some napkins to clean Sanggyun's hoodie. He put his big hand on Sanggyun's chest to wipe the tomato sauce off.

 

"Woah woah woah woah wait w-what are you doing!?" Flustered, Sanggyun pushed his body back along with the chair, moving it back a few inches. He couldn't stand being touched by anyone and it would be even worse for him to be touched by Yooncheol.

 

"What the hell do you think? I'm cleaning your mess." Regardless, Yooncheol continued trying to clean Sanggyun. Sanggyun felt like his heart was about to explode, he couldn't stand this anymore.

 

"Stop!" He snatched the napkins away from Yooncheol's hands.

 

"I'll do it myself, I'm not a baby." Yooncheol scoffed.

 

"Well you sure act like one." Sanggyun merely tried his best to ignore him and wiped his hoodie by himself.

 

"Dammit this is my favorite hoodie too." He mumbeled.

 

"Want the Santa sweater? With this you'll be dressed just like Santa about 80%" Yooncheol suggested. Sanggyun had completely forgotten that he was still wearing the lower half of Yooncheol's dumb Santa costume.

 

"No way creep." Sanggyin glared at him.

 

"You've seen me with this costume all month, why can't I see you in it?" Yooncheol pretended to be upset.

 

"Because I still have my dignity " Sanggyun playfully stuck his tounge out at Yooncheol. After a few wipes he carefully went for another slice. The whole time both boys were eating Yooncheol would end up staring at Sanggyun for longer than normal. Sanggyun noticed it of course, and really wished he would stop or else he would end up as red as a tomato and eventually bleed from his eyes because of all the blood rushing too his face.

 

Why the hell does he keep staring at me? He thought. Sanggyun felt like Yooncheol was being a bit weird today, and that was extremely out of the ordinary. Sanggyun was usually the weird one but today Yooncheol is.

 

"So... you wanted to tell me something right? Well what is it?" Sanggyun asked to break the awkwardness.

 

It took a few moments for Yooncheol to respond, as if he was thinking about his answer, instead he continued to stare at him. Sanggyun wanted to punch him just so that he could stop staring at him until Yooncheol finally answered.

 

"What do you want for Christmas?" Sanggyun was a little relieved that this was what he wanted to talk about, but also annoyed.

 

"Seriously?? THATS what you wanted to talk about?" Sanggyun scoffed and took a bite of another slice.

 

"No. Actually it's not." Sanggyun froze with his teeth still sunken into the pizza. He looked up at Yooncheol confused, he had a serious expression on his face. They made eye contact for a few seconds, but to Sanggyun it felt like time had stopped. During those few seconds he got a good look at Yooncheol's features. His droopy eyes, big kissable lips, long neck, everything. Everything about him was handsome. Sanggyun cursed himself for having these thoughts, he swore he was not gay before and he really wished he wasn't having gay thoughts right now. Yooncheol might beat him up if he were to find out.

 

"I'm just going to get straight to the point. I like you Sanggyun, a lot, I think I might be in love with you." Sanggyun was shocked to say the least, completely speechless. The pizza slice slipped from his hand but both boys ignored it as it landed on the ground. How exactly was he supposed to respond? He was delighted that Yooncheol felt the same but was he going to give in so easily? If he admitted that he had feelings for him would they become a gay couple? Sanggyun wasn't exactly sure he was ready for that.

 

"You don't have to respond right now, because I know you feel the same." Sanggyun looked at him a bit panicked.

 

He thought.

 

"W-Wha-- I don't!" He stuttered.

 

"Yes you do. If you didn't you would have had a worse reaction than this, and besides, you're really obvious." Sanggyun was probably noticeably red by now. He knew there was absolutely no way out of this, but he refused to admit that he liked him back.

 

"Shut up no I dont!" Sanggyun stood up and ran away towards their bedroom. Yooncheol stood and chased after him.

 

"Sanggyun don't run away!"

 

"No!" Sanggyun slammed the door shut but didn't lock it. He dived towards the bed and hid himself under the covers. Yooncheol opened the door.

 

"You're acting like a child again." He looked inside the bedroom and quickly found Sanggyun rolled up in the bed under the covers. He grabbed the covers.

 

"Found you!" He yelled as he pulled the covers off.

 

"No!" Sanggyun flung his arms and legs around as Yooncheol placed his knees on both sides of Sanggyun's body. He grabbed his wrists and pinned both his arms on each side of his head to calm him down, except Sanggyun's legs were still kicking.

 

"What the hell Sanggyun!? Just calm down and admit that you like me too!"

 

"No!" Sanggyun was still kicking like a madman and Yooncheol had to watch out so that he wouldn't get kicked in the crotch.

 

"Say it!"

 

"Never!" They didn't care whether the neighbors would hear them or not, that wasn't important right now.

 

"Come on admit it!"

 

"Over my dead body!"

 

"Over your dead body what!?"

 

"Over my dead body will I admit that I like you too!" Yooncheol immediately let go of hisbwrists and Sanggyun covered his mouth with both hands.

 

"You... you said it..." That was the answer Yooncheol was expecting, but it still seemed too good to be true. Sanggyun dropped his arms next to him as a sign of giving up. His secret was already out and he knew there was no point in denying it anymore.

 

"Fine alright!? I do, happy now!?" Yooncheol nodded slowly before leaning in closer to him.

 

"Woah woah what the hell are you doing!?" Sanggyun stopped him by putting his hands on Yooncheol's face.

 

"Well... I was gonna kiss you?"

 

"I just... I don't know if I can do that right now.. I always hate any kind of skinship and kissing." Yooncheol knew this fact, but he still really wanted to kiss him, at least just once.

 

"Just let me do it, just this once okay?" Yooncheol begged with his eyes and there was no way for Sanggyun to say no.

 

"O-Okay.." Yooncheol slowly leaned in again. As much as Sanggyun liked him, kissing was still a bit awkward to him. On instinct, he pushed his head back and pursed his lips as Yooncheol got closer. Yooncheol's lips finally landed on Sanggyun's dry lips, which weren't even his lips at all, but it was close enough. Yooncheol stayed there for a few seconds, before awkwardly pulling back. Sanggyun finally relaxed a little and looked everywhere else that wasnt Yooncheol.

 

"H-How was that?" Yooncheol cleared his throat a bit as a response to the awkwardness.

 

"I-It wasn't too bad.. it's something I have to get used to though."

 

"Don't worry, thanks to my great kissing skills you'll love it in no time." Yooncheol joked to relieve the awkwardness, and it worked. Sanggyun laughed, showing off that adorable eyesmile that Yooncheol loved.

 

"Whatever. Just get off of me already, this position is weird." Yooncheol climbed off of him and sat on the bed, Sanggyun sat down next to him.

 

"So do you want to be my boyfriend? Or do you want to be my girlfriend?" Yooncheol joked again.

 

"No way in hell am I going to be a girlfriend. You should be MY girlfriend."

 

"Yeah yeah doesn't matter as long as you're mine." Yooncheol wrapped his long arms around Sanggyun's body. Both boys blushed, mostly Sanggyun though.

 

"Shut up. I can't believe I like a guy who pretends to be Santa Claus everyday."

 

"Well my love is your Christmas gift I guess." Sanggyun cringed.

 

"Ugh. Well.. I guess this is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten..." Sanggyun smiled finally giving in to the cheesiness.

 

"Merry Christmas." Yooncheol quickly stole a kiss on the cheek.